Is this an early April FOOLS Post ??

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 28, 2015, 11:17 am

I don't shop at Big C so for me not an issue. I can understand their frustration.

http://www.aroundthe...evening-curfew/

Supermarket chain Big C announces foreigner evening curfew
Posted on March 27, 2015 by Around The Moat in National News // 28 Comments

Expat foreigners living in Thailand are to be excluded from Big C stores after 5pm, the company has announced in a statement.

Due to complaints from Thai natives, Big C has decided to implement a total ban on foreigners from entering their stores between the hours of 5pm in the evening and closing time.

The measures are being taken to appease Thai nationals frustrated by having to wait in line behind foreigners who have not grasped the basics of the Thai language or the ability to recognise the difference between Thai coins.

Thais are notorious for their lack of patience, and a dithering old westerner counting coins at the checkout till is a key frustration of the indigenous population.

The ban will apply to all persons living in Thailand that are not owners of a Thai ID-card. Thais of a particularly pale complexion but have been advised to bring identification with them to the supermarket from now on.

Big C expects the ban to have minimal impact on their expat customers. A Big C spokesperson said, We dont expect many expats to actually be affected by the ban as they all have maids or Thai wives that can do the shopping for them anyway. Furthermore they are often rich and do not work during the day, so they can pop along then if they need to. But for hard working Thais who only have a few minutes to quickly buy some stuff on the way home after a days work and picking up the children, it will make a big difference

This ban should allow Thai nationals a more pleasant shopping experience, where they can push and shove in the queue as much as they like without drawing the wrath of an older white gentleman who will shout at them in a language they dont understand.

Big C loyalty card holder Pongpat Siriwatana commented, In the last week Ive told six different foreigners to go back and weigh their vegetables, but somehow I still end up waiting at the till as the shop attendant runs off to weigh the produce for them. How do they not learn?

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » March 28, 2015, 2:40 pm

Yes =D>
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » March 28, 2015, 3:09 pm

Hopefully they will ban Thai's from using ATM's. The amount of times I stand behind a ****** (not so PC) for five minutes or more whilst they get their phone out to find the four digit PIN and then squint at the screen as if they cannot read the text on it or are partially sighted (yes I did attend some of my political correctness course). Frustrating as hell and then they count the money. Stand in front of the machine to put the money away somewhere then squint at the screen again to see if something's been missed or not understood. I'm contemplating taking my Ambre Solaire to top up the old tan whilst I wait. Bah f***ing humbug. :roll:
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » March 28, 2015, 3:15 pm

Just wait until Wednesday to view notthenation.com ;)
Agree Socksy,no idea :shock: ,same as boarding a plane where they have to find their seat and what to do with their 15kg inboard luggage :lol:

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » March 29, 2015, 6:08 am

As opposed to getting off Pomps - some are out of their seats moments after touch down well before the seat belt lights go out. Even some foreigners are doing it as well. Then you go through with your hand luggage and see several waiting at the carousel for their checked baggage. Bish, bash, bosh! [-X #-o ](*,)
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 29, 2015, 7:41 am

No doubt the Thais have some complaints about non-Thais. With the ATM machines, some of the confused looking users may not have used them that often. They're also on Thai cultural time. Perhaps when we're in an ATM line in Thailand we need to see it as behaving according to Thai customs. What's the rush if you're retired and living in Thailand? Perhaps getting back to some air-conditioning?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » March 29, 2015, 8:27 am

Tesco Lotus is fine by me stuff big c

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » March 29, 2015, 9:56 am

so we got the supermarket until 5pm then the locals get it for the rest of the opening. sounds good to me.

on a more serious note, using a phone at an atm is now the new way of doing it. no card & no pin.

just have the bank send you a cash code & enter that in the atm.

=; =; =;
temptation is a .....

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » March 30, 2015, 3:59 am

Time for some more Thai bashing! Why not do what they do in some Arab countries with the women only checkouts but only for Thais. This will allow them to ignore you being in the queue and jump straight in front like they do everywhere else. I've just grown to accept their quirks. After all it's their country and Thais in UK don't expect special treatment, well except the wife!

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”