Bangkok Hospital Health Exam

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » April 2, 2015, 3:37 am

For information, Bangkok hospital Udon is running a promotion on their rather expensive health exam. Total cost is 8,800 baht for men. Down from 22,000 baht, or so they say. Good this month (April). Did it yesterday, took four hours. As an aside, for U. S. military retirees, they no longer will process inpatient services for Tricare payments. We are back to paying all up front with follow up to Tricare.

Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 2, 2015, 6:38 am

I'm told AEK presently have a promotion on for Health Checks. 50% discount and no age discrimination on what type of check-up you want.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 2, 2015, 10:01 am

Tracechain wrote:For information, Bangkok hospital Udon is running a promotion on their rather expensive health exam. Total cost is 8,800 baht for men. Down from 22,000 baht, or so they say. Good this month (April). Did it yesterday, took four hours. As an aside, for U. S. military retirees, they no longer will process inpatient services for Tricare payments. We are back to paying all up front with follow up to Tricare.
22,000 !! WTF, bit like saying a new car is 1,500,000, but today only 850,000 Baht, Every Day in Thailand has an Amazing Thailand Sale. Consumer laws weak or non existent to challenge the original price.

Many of the tests hardly show or bring to the table much information. Ultra sound of GIT ??? without symptoms hardly worth it anyway. BMI test . can do on the web, simply add your weight and height and bingo ! you a fat B.

The marketing behind this is to get you registered on their books for return consultations, medications for hypertension and cholesterol etc

broon97
udonmap.com

Post by broon97 » April 2, 2015, 2:47 pm

Galee wrote:I'm told AEK presently have a promotion on for Health Checks. 50% discount and no age discrimination on what type of check-up you want.
Tried AEK Website but not responding, does anyone know if the have new URL

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » April 2, 2015, 2:54 pm

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » April 2, 2015, 3:20 pm

Does anyone have any more information as to what the promotion / health checks involve?
Other than Beneficial Health test, April 1 - 19 for 1,470 baht I'm stumped
I have sent an email to them asking for more information, but the last reply took 6 weeks and by then the promotion will be over.

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Post by tigerryan » April 3, 2015, 5:17 am

I did my checkup at Bumrungrad in BKK it was called the "executive check up" it was basically the kitchen sink of tests not something I would do every year. Doctors in Thailand don't always impress me and I like to shake it up. It was a cattle call about 60 guys going from station to station everyone in stupid looking pajamas and slippers. I paid cash it was 600US. 60 or so patients 59 of them look like the were on R&R from ISIS in Syria full bearded jihadies while I'm sporting a 11B high and tight it was fricking odd. I just kept telling myself I could whip everybody in the room in my PJs. Five hours start to finish glad I did not get my throat slit at the last station. Walked out with a CD and Test results emailed to me that day. Might go back in a couple years if they start infidel executive check up day.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 3, 2015, 5:30 am

Obesity and hypertension are sweeping across the Middle East and Africa in epidemic proportions.

Killing most likely more than ISIS.

Remember the Saudi weighing in at 500 odd KG and the then individual ordered he be transferred to a hospital for care.

The other majors are also chasing the Muslim outpatient.

Mind you it also says a lot about their regional health care standards. Surely they all are not in Soi Mecca for Bumrungrad ??

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 3, 2015, 7:34 am

I have found over the yeas the results are mainly aimed at requiring follow-up checks which are NOT discounted, but the way they put it, unless you are fully in tune with your body brings on sweats of anxiety and fear .
After speaking to my family of doctors, i came to the conclusion that basic checks at home regarding your waste and eating well and not drinking too much goes along way to keep you reasonably healthy and free of most major problems, it is no panacea of course anyone at any-time can be struck down, with a life threatening and possibly untreatable illness, however basic care of ones-self will be beneficial .

it is not the checks by themselves that can cause problems but as I was advised it is often the badly carried out possibly invasive follow-up checks that can cause more harm and lets us not forget, that today the testsd are so good that they will show up even the most innocuous problem which years ago would never have been found and you lived a full and happy care-free life dying at a ripe old age of just being old.

I AM NOT advocating no checks, but be judicious in your choices , live by the motto if it isn't broken don't play with it.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » April 3, 2015, 7:35 am

Many of the tests hardly show or bring to the table much information. Ultra sound of GIT ??? without symptoms hardly worth it anyway. BMI test . can do on the web, simply add your weight and height and bingo ! you a fat B.

Well Wazza, to each their own I reckon. This was the first time I had the Ultra sound and it showed a rather large cyst growing from one of my kidneys. No symptoms that I notice, no telling how long it has been sprouting up but immediately ruled out the big C because of clean results on other tests. Gave me appointment with Urologist so now I get to play Russian roulette with removal or whatever. So, as Forrest sez, you never know what you will get.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Post by Dreamcatcher » April 4, 2015, 5:24 am

Bangkok Udon Hospital is indeed steep when it comes to the dollars and cents.

I was taken by ambulance to the hospital for an emergency due to a brain hemorrhage in 2013.

The closest hospital was Kasemrad Prachachuen. D.O.A. but was brought back to life by a team of dedicated doctors and nurses. I'm forever indebted to them.

Sadly, none speaks comprehensible English...at least to me. The suspense of not knowing/understanding what was my prognosis caused unduly stress on myself.

Got myself transferred to Bangkok Hospital after 45 days, though the care and treatment at Kasemrad were flawless. Anxiety got the better of me, I guessed :(

At BKK, the doctors and some nurses spoke English albeit stilted. Understanding my whole medical issues took away a huge chunk of my stress and worries which aided my recovery.

Stayed for another 63 days before being discharged. Their medical care were professional and the staffs competent. Quite a handful of eye candy nurse's too...which made my stay rather pleasant considering my ailment.

The bill for the 63 days at BKK Hospital were more than tripled the cost of my 45 days at Kasemrad Prachachuen, 35 of it in Critical Care, mind you.

To this day, my regular check ups were done at Bangkok Hospital. Though have yet to do it at BKK Udon as am not due till mid this year.

Thought of trying AEK Udon, as I had read quite a few members citing equal professional standards but at cost that's a fraction lower.

Udon Wattana is not even considered, as I had experienced their below par medical care standards at the Nongkhai Wattana Hospital.

Should I do it at AEK Udon this time? Esteemed member's advice much appreciated.

Cheerios
"Speak only if it improves upon the silence." Gandhi

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 4, 2015, 5:41 am

Tracechain wrote:Many of the tests hardly show or bring to the table much information. Ultra sound of GIT ??? without symptoms hardly worth it anyway. BMI test . can do on the web, simply add your weight and height and bingo ! you a fat B.

Well Wazza, to each their own I reckon. This was the first time I had the Ultra sound and it showed a rather large cyst growing from one of my kidneys. No symptoms that I notice, no telling how long it has been sprouting up but immediately ruled out the big C because of clean results on other tests. Gave me appointment with Urologist so now I get to play Russian roulette with removal or whatever. So, as Forrest sez, you never know what you will get.
Urologist - might be worth getting a 2nd referral if first says surgery immediately. But picked up. Good.

Could be done as keyhole surgery in some places..so check that out also. Hospitals love to say 2-3 days post op etc

An arthroscopy of knee in BKK is day surgery. In Udon they all say 2 days post op. Ask them why ? In case it goes wrong lol.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 4, 2015, 5:48 am

BKK hospital Udon IMO seem to charge the same fee structure as their BKK operation.

I good test for them would be to ring their 24/7 call centre number and ask if an ambulance could be sent. Turn out times would be interesting. Not sure if you have to be registered with them first or payment options discussed while approving the dispatch..lol

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 4, 2015, 5:49 am

BKK hospital Udon IMO seem to charge the same fee structure as their BKK operation.

I good test for them would be to ring their 24/7 call centre number and ask if an ambulance could be sent. Turn out times would be interesting. Not sure if you have to be registered with them first or payment options discussed while approving the dispatch..lol

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 4, 2015, 5:50 am

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 4, 2015, 6:04 am

Well for what it is worth, having used AEK and the Military Hospital as well as Wattana, over the preceding few years, I can say without doubt that I found Wattana to be the best, followed by the Military . I find Wattana to not only be friendly but also very accommodating , their costs are nmot excessive and their care also great.

AEK and BKK Hospitals are in reality Cash Cows and will I am sure continue to be so, I remember a few years ago following an attack upon myself , and after staggering to the hospital, they refused to treat me until they were assured of payment and even then it took them over 24 hrs to discover I had a broken jaw which I found as I couldn't eat and they had failed to notice. That in my book says it all, obviously the initial medical check failed to notice that and that in itself worried me and still does to this day.
Fort Prajak Medical Hospital ( Army/ Air Force ) may not be up there amongst the superb medical facilities in regards to comfort etc, but their medical expertise is good better than the some of the others.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 4, 2015, 6:40 am

KP

No comment on the misdiagnosis.

But will say that the entire public and private heath sector have been lobbying for a few years to have compulsory health insurance for all aliens.

Their case is based on millions of $ in unpaid bills by aliens. Tourists and long term residents.

Professionally they should treat you no matter what. No laws in Thailand to state duty of care due to proximity like they have in Oz. ( Badgery Parker NSW )

Hippocratic oath went out the door years ago when lawyers got involved.

So even if an alien was attacked..robbed..wallet with Ins Card and Credit Cards stolen. Still in this " how will you pay " or worse still and this might be your case. Basic care given but no investigative procedures until payment can be guaranteed.

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Post by Dreamcatcher » April 4, 2015, 6:43 am

Khun Paul wrote:I can say without doubt that I found Wattana to be the best, followed by the Military . I find Wattana to not only be friendly but also very accommodating , their costs are nmot excessive and their care also great.
Duly noted, Khun Paul.

I admit that I could be wrong to disregard Wattana for consideration. Perhaps, the level of professional care here surpassed the one in Nongkhai.

Unwittingly, I might be prejudiced towards the standard Wattana Hospital provided here based on the bad experience I had in Nongkhai Wattana.

Your esteemed input are appreciated!

Regards & Cheerios
"Speak only if it improves upon the silence." Gandhi

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 4, 2015, 9:01 am

These observations is based on my personal experiences, they in no-way indicate how they are today, but if you consider my family, all Doctors or nurses, then I base my judgement on what I was brought up to believe and saw.

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » April 4, 2015, 9:35 am

Over the years I know of 2 people misdiagnosed with cancer at a certain infamous hospital in Udon, is it possible they would do this on purpose to generate funds,,, nah no-one would do that would they :-k
Last edited by monkeyman on April 4, 2015, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Health & Beauty”