Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

General Udon Thani topics only!
MrPrefect
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by MrPrefect » July 1, 2015, 4:35 pm

I was with my soon to be wife arranging the "pre wedding" and finding clothes. Everything great for her, and I found some nice Thai clothes for me to for the morning (Even though I anticipate hazing from my mates for the long white socks and MC-Hammer pants. But I can pull it off :) )

But I would love to find a proper tuxedo for rent in Udon Thani for the evening. Nothing Thai-style, but the kind Daniel Craig would be proud of.

Anybody got a good tip for me where I can find my tuxedo?

747man
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by 747man » July 1, 2015, 7:07 pm

Why DON'T You wear just a String Vest & Shorts......You'd be MUCH Cooler !!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by jackspratt » July 1, 2015, 8:34 pm

MrPrefect wrote: Anybody got a good tip for me where I can find my tuxedo?
747man wrote:Why DON'T You wear just a String Vest & Shorts......You'd be MUCH Cooler !!!
Get used to it, MrP. :?

skinner
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by skinner » July 1, 2015, 9:13 pm

A Tuxedo ??? Really !!! Do you mean a suit ??

old timer
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by old timer » July 1, 2015, 9:14 pm

Have you tried the wedding dress shops? They have all sorts of men's outfits as well. Try the shop about 500 meters past McDonald's heading into town on the left hand side. OT hired a really nice normal suit for a special occasion from there.
I'm sure they had tuxedos.

PS
747man wrote:Why DON'T You wear just a String Vest & Shorts......You'd be MUCH Cooler !!!
Excuse 747man, he's a --------.

OT............ \:D/

parrot
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by parrot » July 1, 2015, 9:17 pm

There should be a wedding store on the corner of Makkaeng and Phoenix Rds, about one block past the Bangkok Bank and just before you reach Neeson Supermarket. I believe the store is called Love Studio.

747man
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by 747man » July 1, 2015, 10:45 pm

old timer wrote:Have you tried the wedding dress shops? They have all sorts of men's outfits as well. Try the shop about 500 meters past McDonald's heading into town on the left hand side. OT hired a really nice normal suit for a special occasion from there.

PS
Excuse 747man, he's a --------.

OT............ \:D/
When are YOU Going to get a Sense of HUMOUR.......Wa*ker !!

747man
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by 747man » July 1, 2015, 10:46 pm

jackspratt wrote:
MrPrefect wrote: Anybody got a good tip for me where I can find my tuxedo?
Get used to it, MrP. :?
Aussie ###### !!!

waanjai
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by waanjai » July 1, 2015, 11:46 pm

747man wrote:Why DON'T You wear just ..... Shorts......You'd be MUCH Cooler !!!
Some have a problem with Shorts. Not all are well beyond 65.
why_i_can__t_wear_shorts_by_ps7a-d33hxz5.png
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

Shado
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by Shado » July 2, 2015, 7:01 am

Try the shop about 500 meters past McDonald's heading into town on the left hand side. OT hired a really nice normal suit for a special occasion from there.
Not sure if I'm thinking of the same one but if it was Boss Studio, they have closed shop at that location.

MrPrefect
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by MrPrefect » July 2, 2015, 9:29 am

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll check out the one close to Macdonald and Love Studio.

As for shorts in the wedding, my wife to be would kill me if I showed up in anything like that, as she very well should.

MrPrefect
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by MrPrefect » July 2, 2015, 9:31 am

skinner wrote:A Tuxedo ??? Really !!! Do you mean a suit ??
No, I've found plenty of suits. I'm thinking about a classic black and white tuxedo.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by Khun Paul » July 2, 2015, 9:33 am

Instead of attempting to find a Tuxedo why not search for a some formal Thai wear, silk trousers in silver and a nicely tailored jacket Thai style, would compliment the wedding and the function I am sure. That is what i did and it worked a treat.

samster
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by samster » July 2, 2015, 9:55 am

Not too familiar with the street names in Udon so the shop might have been mentioned but, I had a pre wedding photo taken in a tuxedo in the wedding shop at the first set of lights as you go away from Tawan Daeng at the back of Central. They had several to choose from and would hire. Looking at the photo now and I look just like Daniel Craig...

Zidane
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by Zidane » July 2, 2015, 10:10 am

If you cant find a place in Udon,maybe consider Bangkok ?
Only 1 hours flight away and Thai Lion Air have 4 flights a day from around 1200 baht return.
Nice day out for you and your soon to be missus :D
Good luck.

"Handmade men's Tuxedo suit with satin lapels in different styles of cutting: One button, two buttons, three buttons, and double breasted by PierreBoutique.com | Bangkok (Thailand). Offering designer men's tuxedos suits with classic and stylish tailoring which guarantee quality and excellence. You can create or design custom made men's tuxedos online from PierreBoutique.com tailor made suits that fits your style. Order your men's tuxedos in 6 easy steps with us today!"

Phone: +66(0)81-6205330
Showroom : Holiday Inn Bangkok Unit HL 01-02 lobby floor, 971 Ploenchit Rd,Lumpini,
Patthumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand Sky train (BTS)-chitlom station.

Copyright © 2010 PierreBoutique.com,ALL Rights reserved. @webmaster

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

MrPrefect
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by MrPrefect » July 2, 2015, 10:17 am

Khun Paul wrote:Instead of attempting to find a Tuxedo why not search for a some formal Thai wear, silk trousers in silver and a nicely tailored jacket Thai style, would compliment the wedding and the function I am sure. That is what i did and it worked a treat.
Not a bad way to go. But we are having the wedding day split with the bride and I, and all Europeans in Thai clothes for the wedding itself in the village in the morning, and all farang and Thai with European clothes in the evening party in the city.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by trubrit » July 2, 2015, 10:21 am

Khun Paul wrote:Instead of attempting to find a Tuxedo why not search for a some formal Thai wear, silk trousers in silver and a nicely tailored jacket Thai style, would compliment the wedding and the function I am sure. That is what i did and it worked a treat.
Maybe just me but I consider seeing a farang, man or woman , attempting to wear a That traditional dress one of the most hilarious sights available here . As for an aging man,well way past being a virginal age, wearing white, unless a military dress , equally funny . :roll:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

downunder
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by downunder » July 2, 2015, 11:25 am

Call 0825877015, Gill. He has one for sale.

MrPrefect
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by MrPrefect » July 2, 2015, 1:08 pm

samster wrote:Not too familiar with the street names in Udon so the shop might have been mentioned but, I had a pre wedding photo taken in a tuxedo in the wedding shop at the first set of lights as you go away from Tawan Daeng at the back of Central. They had several to choose from and would hire. Looking at the photo now and I look just like Daniel Craig...
Great. Thanks. And Tawandeng and Central are two of the very few places I actually now where are. Will check this out.

Thanks again.

samster
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by samster » July 2, 2015, 5:00 pm

Was in Udon today. The shop has signage which appears to say IIWSC - but the "C" is backwards so may be Thai letters!!

Don't thank me yet - it was 4 or 5 years ago (don't tell the wife I cant remember!!) and, whilst I was obviously wearing a blazer, slacks and a boater when I changed into the suit, in the intervening years it could have been worn by many falang who changed out of their egg stained vests and p*** soaked Liverpool/Everton/Man U etc shorts......!!

Hope your day is as memorable as mine was.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”