Les from PP Rest in ICU

General Udon Thani topics only!
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Les from PP Rest in ICU

Post by semperfiguy » September 15, 2016, 9:54 pm

I just found out this afternoon that the Australian fellow, Les, is in the ICU at the Army Hospital on Hwy 2 headed south out of town towards Khon Kaen and on the right side of the highway just before the traffic light at the Ring Road. I ran into his wife at the hospital today and she said Les had been in the ICU for 4 days now with kidney failure and his condition is deteriorating daily.

For those of you who may or may not know Les, he and his wife, Poupay, used to run a restaurant downtown; then they moved to Rom Yen Village just up from T-Bar Restaurant and opened up the PP Restaurant which is now the location of the Benchwarmer's Sports Bar. Most recently they relocated the restaurant to their home in Baan San Saran. Les has been trying to get back to Australian for quite a while now to have heart surgery, but the doctor's were not prepared to operate until his condition improved from a motorbike accident last year.

I'm not sure if he can receive visitors at this point other than family members, but for those who may want to make contact you can reach his wife at 083-124-5649 or send her a message on her Facebook page at

https://www.facebook.com/poupay.kingdornnork

I am attaching a photo of Les below, and his wife is the lady on the right in the picture.
Attachments
Les and Poupay.jpg

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Les from PP Rest in ICU

Post by semperfiguy » September 16, 2016, 4:45 pm

It's 4:43 PM on Friday and I just spoke with Les' wife, Poupay, by phone. She is at the hospital and in the process of bringing Les back home since there is nothing more they can do for him at the hospital. Poupay doesn't expect him to live much longer.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » September 16, 2016, 9:29 pm

Les passed away this evening condolences to Pay and family R I P Les a good friend.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 16, 2016, 9:49 pm

I really feel sad tonight. I met Les at the PP Restaurant and only spoke with him a few times, but he was a great guy and had such courage in dealing with his illness. Rest in peace my friend, and my deepest condolences to Poupay and the remainder of his family.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 17, 2016, 1:27 am

sad news .RIP Les
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 17, 2016, 4:20 am

Knew vaguely, RIP Les, now pain free.

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » September 17, 2016, 7:21 am

Our condolences to the family.
If it looks good..and smells good..go for it..

domfromoz
udonmap.com

Post by domfromoz » September 17, 2016, 8:22 am

RIP Les,condolences to P and family.

Porkhouseco
udonmap.com

Re: Les from PP Restaurant RIP

Post by Porkhouseco » September 17, 2016, 2:09 pm

The team from Benchwarmers Sportsbar would like to offer our sincere condolances to poupay and family.
We were deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Les.

RIP LES.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 18, 2016, 7:47 pm

I was riding my bike with a friend when I received a call from Pay regarding Les in ICU. We were supposed to meet for coffee a few weeks back but he postponed it. I figured he just wasn't feeling well. I've known Les and Pay for a number of years. I first met Pay when I was attending Thai classes at her school across from Central Plaza. Les and I became friends and he often help teach English at the Library and several other places in Udon with me. I told Pay I would cycle back to Udon ASAP. I will arrive in 2 days. Unfortunately, too late to see my friend before he passed on.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 18, 2016, 7:51 pm

Has anyone heard anything about funeral or wake arrangements for Les? I asked Poupay for the details yesterday morning, but as yet I haven't heard a peep from her.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 19, 2016, 6:47 am

I spoke with his wife Pay last night. She told me that she has to get some documents together to have the body released from the hospital. Then she will have a traditional "wake" at their house before taking him to a temple for his final departure. I didn't ask what temple but will find out more when I see her.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » September 20, 2016, 2:19 am

I think I knew Les. Did he used to run the cafe place just past Nutty Park? I sometimes had a coffee or breakfast there when visiting Udon. A pleasant man.

RIP Les.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 20, 2016, 3:26 am

yes that was him arjay
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

rods1201
udonmap.com

Post by rods1201 » September 20, 2016, 8:29 am

I went to pay my respects to Les, Poupay and Narm yesterday, they will have Les at the house for the next two days and the funeral at the wat will be on Thursday 22nd at 1500hrs. I am not sure which wat the service will be at but I would think it will be the one near their home.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 21, 2016, 6:12 pm

My wife and I went to pay our respects to Les and Pay today. The funeral for Les will begin at around 11:00AM tomorrow (22/9/16) when they will begin moving him from their home to the temple just in front of their village. The services will conclude around 3:00PM when he will be cremated.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”