True TV

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
bumper
udonmap.com

True TV

Post by bumper » January 2, 2017, 4:35 pm

Well as promised no HBO or Cinemax. I don't care much for the new line up. Cheaper just to pay Netflix. But no news

Maybe I just don't like change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: True TV

Post by glalt » January 2, 2017, 8:07 pm

Years ago I used True to watch US football. That was back when True decided to no longer carry it. After I quit watching TV, my wife asked why she was paying for something I didn't use. I told her to just go ahead and cancel it. She did and now has a Thai dish system that is free. She is happy and I don't miss TV or True. My Internet is pretty good and I am able to keep up with things online.

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » January 3, 2017, 9:30 am

Grrr.. .I only use True TV for the F1 and SOMETIMES a movie.. clicked for something last night.. found only kiddy stuff!
I hear you pay up to date, disconnect and then pay 150 again to re-connect in future if wanted.

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » January 3, 2017, 10:24 am

Give up with TRUE after they disconnected my internet for none payment(even though we payed on time and in their main shop) they wanted 2 months payment for reconnection,''see you later' never ever had a problem when paying at 7/11,paying at their shop in tesco always seemed like a big deal,muppets.Went With AIS,while sorting new contract out with them, a few people in the queue complaining they had same problems as us.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » January 3, 2017, 4:11 pm

I have Iflix, older movies for the most part and TV shows. Cost me a 1,000 baht a year. So not much risk there. Have home cable only get Fox News, I think.

I have both BBB and True internet. BB seems to go off less. I think there are ways to watch news say from the U.SS> But, I have no idea what it is. Goes through the net..

Well we will see what happens I enjoy History N.G. and discovery. Moto GP and the fights.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 4, 2017, 5:03 pm

We signed for the PROMOTION up to Platinum with True last month. They must have known that the deal with HBO was about to be terminated but still punting it. The replacement channels are pretty poor but the BBC Earth is worth the money. Just wish they would stop interupting Discovery, NG and History channels every 10 minutes. It's not as if they are making money from adverts.

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » January 4, 2017, 5:39 pm

Today cancelled our True package.. too many breakdowns, internet issues.. I have until March to sort alternative for F1. Also loss of HBO movies was last straw. HOWEVER was surprised to have our 1k deposit on the box deducted from final payment which was calculated to end contract today at x pro rata for the month. Im also cancelling my True internet at the cafe too.. cos it just fails so much and cant even connect to speedtest.net etc. 100% 3BB at 200mb/50mb 1,300 pcm and 3k deposit on the box.Our other 2 fibre Optics supplies were upgraded automatically for the same money. Bye True.. no regrets.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 4, 2017, 7:34 pm

Just worked it out ......... I would have paid True just under a 1/4 million baht in subs if I hadn't cancelled when I did :-"

Barney
udonmap.com

True TV

Post by Barney » January 5, 2017, 9:48 am

I don't think True has gone backwards with the change of movie choices. Warner and Sony seem to have a reasonable choice for my limited channel surfing abilities. Still have Setanta to watch rugby league and of course the cartoon networks for my young one. You can't beat watching Spongebob Squarepants for bonding with the kids.
True will stay for now it's not that bad and don't seem to get any significant breaks on the satellite.
Just got the 3BB fiber into the village and into the house and great internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » January 5, 2017, 6:24 pm

Down side is most of the offering are much older then HBO and Cinemax. But it your happy that what counts. On the net I went back to BBB although I have to say I left before for the payment issued you described with true. But, of late no problem

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 6, 2017, 3:48 am

Return to “Open Forum”