Is this a good business idea for Udon?

General Udon Thani topics only!
LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Is this a good business idea for Udon?

Post by LoveDaBlues » September 30, 2008, 7:37 pm

I've got an idea for a business in Udon.

(1) Open a bar and get it really spiffy looking.

(2) 'Pad' the books after being open for a short time. Of course the bar is actually losing money
or at best breaking even.

(3) Sell bar to unsuspecting newcomer to Udon for crazy price.

(4) Repeat steps 1-3.

Wonder if someone could make a living doing this? :-"

trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: Is this a good business idea for Udon?

Post by trubrit » September 30, 2008, 7:47 pm

Well we do have one Aussie guy that seems quite successful at it.Would this be a not too subtle comment on a bar for sale posting elsewhere on the forum? :lol: :lol: :lol:

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » October 1, 2008, 7:01 am

yes , it is a viable business plan for sure . and as long as there is a sucker out there with more money than grey matter , you will continue to do well !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

mr.d
udonmap.com

Post by mr.d » October 1, 2008, 9:22 am

saint wrote:yes , it is a viable business plan for sure . and as long as there is a sucker out there with more money than grey matter , you will continue to do well !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ummm, Malloy Malones comes to mind ](*,)

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » October 1, 2008, 10:02 am

Ah, at last, a sensible approach to city planning and urban development. :guiness:

cryptic
udonmap.com

Post by cryptic » October 1, 2008, 10:25 am

Yep the australian who has aussie bar (Justin) comes to mind. Now trying to sell that bar and relocate to the new complex near the night markets in Udon under the guise of his wife.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 1, 2008, 6:56 pm

What about the new "Harley" place, whatever it's called? Huge barn of an empty place on the other side of the street from the Irish Clock. I see it up for sale too and the paint still wet. I just don't see the suckers coming off the bus right now. Maybe on the arse-end of high season next year (when the lease expires) and some Udon mol seduces a Pattaya newbie into getting her a bar back home..."Tilac, I know good, clean, new bar near my home. Make more money than Pattaya bar. My brother can help you run it."

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » October 1, 2008, 7:17 pm

Tamada,just get the Belgium pensioner to buy the lease for his girlfriend,she can tell him her brother (thai boyfriend) will run it and he can turn it into a Belgium bar full of Belgium beers (not cockney slang!).Tell him it is for sale at 2 million baht and split the difference with the seller or 3 ways with the teenager.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » October 1, 2008, 7:34 pm

pompui wrote:Tamada,just get the Belgium pensioner to buy the lease for his girlfriend,she can tell him her brother (thai boyfriend) will run it and he can turn it into a Belgium bar full of Belgium beers (not cockney slang!).Tell him it is for sale at 2 million baht and split the difference with the seller or 3 ways with the teenager.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D =D>

Very Funny!!
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » October 1, 2008, 10:31 pm

:lol: as they say theres always one born every minute i can never understand somebody jumping to buy the lease of a bar that the last owner as only been runing for a few monthes but if you dont lose your shirt and you just wont to have fun well ok good luck to them :roll:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 4, 2008, 10:03 pm

pompui wrote:Tamada,just get the Belgium pensioner to buy the lease for his girlfriend,she can tell him her brother (thai boyfriend) will run it and he can turn it into a Belgium bar full of Belgium beers (not cockney slang!).Tell him it is for sale at 2 million baht and split the difference with the seller or 3 ways with the teenager.
Yes, you may just have something there. Nothing wrong with a Belgian bar on Soi Sampan now is there? After all, some of Pattaya's finest afternoon delights are to be found in Belgian-owned establishments... or so I have been told.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » October 4, 2008, 10:46 pm

Tamada wrote:
Yes, you may just have something there. Nothing wrong with a Belgian bar on Soi Sampan now is there? After all, some of Pattaya's finest afternoon delights are to be found in Belgian-owned establishments... or so I have been told.[/quote]

The Welcom Inn in Pattaya, springs to mind 8-[
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 5, 2008, 2:36 pm

^ 'fraid I don't know that place at all but I have heard said that the Belgian Embassy on the same street is very, very friendly.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » October 5, 2008, 11:07 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

A similar business plan call for buying a huge insurance company, taking over the largest bank in the U.S. and then allocating US$700 Billion to saving other investment houses.

Yes, I am sure J*st*n would recognize this scheme. :razz:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”