Udon Thani / Thailand Post & Courier details

General Udon Thani topics only!
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 24, 2016, 8:02 am

If you are not expecting something via DHL that you ordered & gave your email address for then it is, undoubtedly, a scam.

If you get in touch then you will probably find that they will say that you have to pay some Customs Duty in order to release the nonexistent goods... :(

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 24, 2016, 3:09 pm

It's a scam. I've also received that email, several times now.

BTW, I would think twice about having people from other countries use DHL to send you stuff. A small package was sent to me from the U.S. by DHL. The way that DHL handles incoming packages in Thailand is that they come into Suvarnabhumi, then DHL at the airport mails them (yes, by regular Thailand Post) to you.

Udonhoward
udonmap.com

Post by Udonhoward » May 25, 2016, 6:52 am

That's good to know, about DHL. I already advise people not to send me anything by Fed Ex, I've had a lot of problems getting deliveries from them. They use a couple local "contractors", who can never seem to find my street, let alone my house. I've had the same address here for 10 years, but according to the Fed Ex driver it's incorrect.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 25, 2016, 7:04 am

I never have any problems receiving packages/letters via any countries postal service. I rent a box at the main post office and pick up most of mail there. I can also pay any customs duty (rarely happens) at the time I pick up the package. However, I have had significant problems with DHL who insists I send them money for customs before they will deliver. I have refused to do so and informed the seller that I will not accept anything shipped by DHL. I have never used FEDEX . I have used UPS on numerous occasions to ship packages etc back to the US as they have an office right here in Nong Samrong and they are much more reliable and quicker (3 day shipping to the US) than sending by Thai EMS. I have never had anything delivered to me here via UPS but may try a test in the near future.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » May 25, 2016, 10:19 am

I have had many documents delivered here by UPS. Always within a few days. However I have had problems sending to the U.S. via UPS. First they are very expensive. Also they do not know how to handle a prepaid shipment. My bank sent me a document to sign via UPS with an enclosed prepaid way bill to return the signed document. The people at the local UPS office had no idea how to handle it and was asking the Bangkok office for help. Finally they accepted the document but about two weeks later I received a bill from UPS for about 2,000 baht. I have refused to pay it since it was prepaid by the bank, so now I guess I am on their s--t list as far as sending. :( I still receive periodically via UPS. I think UPS is OK within Thailand but not outside.

I must say though, that the lady that runs the local UPS is a very nice person and speaks excellent English. I don't blame her for the above snafu but I do blame the Bangkok UPS. She tried everything she could to help.

I now send via EMS at the post office. I sent a document last week. Took 3 days to get to Dallas. Cost 1200 baht. I can also track EMS just as I would UPS or FedEx.

Too bad no local FedEx shop. It may be better.

Udonhoward
udonmap.com

Mailboxforwarding?

Post by Udonhoward » May 25, 2016, 4:39 pm

I agree the lady at UPS is great. The last time I got a UPS package she actually tracked me down (I was at Big C), by talking to the neighbors.

Does anyone have any experience Mailboxforwarding? It's a mail forwarding service in the US, I'm thinking about using it. They let you view a scan of your mail online, before you decide whether to have it forwarded or not.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » May 25, 2016, 8:30 pm

I have been using U.S. Global Mail out of Houston for 4 years. I have no complaints

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

DHL email

Post by Nigglyb » May 26, 2016, 3:21 am

Udonhoward wrote:I just got an email, supposedly from DHL. It has an attachment, but I'm not sure it's legitimate, and I don't want to open it if it's not. I don't download anything if I don't know what it is.

The email is from [email protected]. Sounds like a cell phone provider in India or something.

The message reads:

"Track your package at DHL

Dear Consignee

Please receive your packages:
Your parcel arrived at the post office last week.
Our courier was unable to deliver the parcel to you due to incorrect delivery. To receive your parcel
Download the attached receipt and confirm delivery details."

I strongly suspect this is some kind of scam, I would appreciate any opinions from informed members...

Thanks

Udonhoward
Usually a scam for any email if it's just a generic Dear xyz without using your name
More importantly don't click on the download which is "usually" (other formats are available!) some sort of Word document (.doc) as it'll contain a virus or Trojan that'll infect the computer at worst logging all user ids & passwords transmitting them back to the sender when you're online. Bank accounts can easily be emptied
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Udonhoward
udonmap.com

Post by Udonhoward » May 26, 2016, 6:08 am

I checked the email address with DHL customer support, they replied right away, confirmed the email wasn't from them.

Jhon Miller

Re: Udon Thani / Thailand Post & Courier details

Post by Jhon Miller » December 4, 2016, 1:06 pm

I transfer a package each yr of the UK to Thailand.the the corresponding package with DHL 50 pints.with royal mail 19 points and makes here in udon just supporting a week.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm

I recently used a discount service to send a parcel of 20kg, prices were shocking so I went for the cheap service that was 90% cheaper than DHL or royal mail. got though not a problem except tax. when they collected it from the place I'm staying,at an extra cost of 20p I was surprised it turned out to be a TNT van. got an on line tracking number, it took 10 days to get to Thailand and then I received an EMS tracking number and it arrived on the next morning. so sending another on Tuesday with Christmas goodies
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » December 4, 2016, 3:51 pm

I use these couriers quite regularly
The big boys, TNT, DHL, FedEx etc bulk buy space on "planes, trains & automobiles" & when they can't fill it they contract out to these agents to fill the cargo at discounted prices as that's better than not at all
The only problem I've had is if it goes belly up & the parcel goes missing, whoever you've got the tracking number from seems a bit reluctant to help as it's gone through the third party. However it's sometimes difficult getting any sense if there's a problem with a parcel booked directly & it's a good, cheap shipment method if this risk is considered

A side story, I've just had a parcel of face cream sent to the USA by UPS stopped & returned to me because I didn't provide a Veterinary Certificate. Why I hear you ask, because it contains traces of collagen which is bovine & it fell under prohibited substances due to foot & mouth! Just goes to show any parcel can be stopped if the receiving end is having a bad day

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 4, 2016, 8:38 pm

hope they don't stop this one, christmas puds and turkey gravy packs, more tea for papa's tea emporium, tinned corned beef and marmite , I would like to see the faces of any thai testing marmite. the wife says its chicken poo. oh and finished off packing with packs of bounty hot drink, yummy treat
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » December 4, 2016, 8:44 pm

papafarang wrote:hope they don't stop this one, christmas puds and turkey gravy packs, more tea for papa's tea emporium, tinned corned beef and marmite , I would like to see the faces of any thai testing marmite. the wife says its chicken poo. oh and finished off packing with packs of bounty hot drink, yummy treat
I gave Mrs N a bite of some marmite on toast. Priceless \:D/
What's the bounty hot drink? I've never come across that

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 4, 2016, 10:00 pm

bounty hot choc drink
Imagehow to take a screenshot on a pc

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » December 5, 2016, 1:02 am

I've never seen that before. If it's anything like the cold ready bottled stuff I'll bet it's tasty

Having said that, I really can't get on with the Bounty Chocolate bars. Dessicated coconut doesn't do anything for me

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 7, 2017, 1:01 pm

What's happenned to the post in Udon?

Had to pay for internet last week as bill had not arrived.

Just had post delivered (4 items)

Last months internet bill (about 30 days late)
Letter from Mitsubishi motors (Thailand) co Ltd dated 1 June
Credit card bill from bank in England with May 2017 statement (normally here first week of following month, so about 3 or 4 weeks late)
Letter from pension co in England (dated May 2017)

1 item getting delayed is unfortunate, but 4 items a month late is a disgrace, that's worse than their service from 10 - 15 years ago [-X

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 7, 2017, 1:08 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 7, 2017, 1:01 pm
What's happenned to the post in Udon?

Had to pay for internet last week as bill had not arrived.

Just had post delivered (4 items)

Last months internet bill (about 30 days late)
Letter from Mitsubishi motors (Thailand) co Ltd dated 1 June
Credit card bill from bank in England with May 2017 statement (normally here first week of following month, so about 3 or 4 weeks late)
Letter from pension co in England (dated May 2017)

1 item getting delayed is unfortunate, but 4 items a month late is a disgrace, that's worse than their service from 10 - 15 years ago [-X
I reckon the local Post Office is run by the same bunch that run the local PEA show here. Slow(er) mail and low(er) mains voltage.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 7, 2017, 3:01 pm

We live off the beaten path, 18km from town. Mail delivery to the house, including phone/electric/tv bills, was iffy. After talking with the head guy at the main office in Udon about the problem, he called in the village delivery guy.....who claimed he was afraid of our dogs.
Fair enough, I moved the mailbox a few light poles away. I also got a post box at the main office (also available at smaller post offices in the province). Problem resolved. But in the end, as the years go by, I've transitioned to electronic bill paying (auto from our bank) for electric and for TOT internet. I top up electronically for my AIS mobile phone service. Result: almost no mail at all anymore. PEA and TOT mail receipts for paid bills......but I don't really need those as I have electronic verification of bill payment.
I haven't mentioned the time, long ago, when our electricity was disconnected because of non-payment of bill.....but that's another looong story for another time.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 7, 2017, 4:00 pm

Classic .......... TIT

Just had a SECOND delivery for the day bringing two more letters from bank in England (undated so not sure when sent) ](*,) #-o

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”