NO vaccine against Swine Flu in Udon Thani?

General Udon Thani topics only!
The Farmer
udonmap.com

NO vaccine against Swine Flu in Udon Thani?

Post by The Farmer » July 16, 2009, 8:14 am

London/Paris
"There is no vaccine against Swine Flu" Margaret Chan from WHO said in an interview.
"Guardian" in England.
Maybe in August there would be some vaccine, but if,- after it would take a couple of month to test.

So, nothing clear for now?
Somebody of our English or American fellows can research and confirm?

Together with the 30.000.000 expected infections and 1200 death in Thailand it's a wonderful outlook.

How the Thai-Government could say,they will vaccinate in Sept/Oct.???

A nurse from Ban Dung told me yesterday, she and her branch got a shot of vaccine against Swine Flu already :freak:

No Panic at Titanic
Nobi

mak
udonmap.com

Re: NO vaccine against Swine Flu?

Post by mak » July 16, 2009, 9:01 am

Novartis is producing a vaccine in their Marberg, Germany, Liverpool, UK and Siena, Italy plants. Distribution is expected by the end of the year.

alby
udonmap.com

Post by alby » July 16, 2009, 9:50 am

you are lucky if you can just find Tamiflu in Udon . Aek Udon run out already.better order it by internet

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 16, 2009, 12:39 pm

The shot they had was probably the " normal " flu shot that is available every year to show something is being done etc...... Nurses and all medical staff should have this normal flu vaccination anyway, as they work with the sick every day.

Not sure if you can order Tamiflu over the internet, most countries have restrictions on who can dispense it, to try and stop widespread distribution and use by the general public.

Some reports of drug resistance to tamiflu are already documented with H1N1 already, thus the tight controls on it.

Imagine Thailand has made Tamiflu available at every clinic , hospital and pharmacy, as soon as some sneezes in Udon, they will buy it without clinical examination , and its useless to use within 1 year. These places will sell anything if it means turnover etc.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » July 16, 2009, 2:28 pm

Supposedly there will be some sort of vaccination promised by the Thai government by the end of the year but only 2 million,while the population here is 60 million!

On a side note,went into Tesco today and wanted to buy facemasks but they have sold out!

hey you
udonmap.com

Post by hey you » July 16, 2009, 4:52 pm

years ago i used to work at the liverpool plant mention , it was then evans medical , speke. you might have seen on reports about the flu people injecting eggs with the virus, this is how it is made on an industrial scale. so first they will try to grow the virus consistently in eggs and produce enough virus in the egg to make it worth while harvesting the virus from the egg. the virus grows in the egg albumen and if i remember rightly some three thousand five hundred eggs would give about seventy litres of albumen .if they can produce a vaccine i suppose it would then be clinical trials to see if it works and is safe. i have no knowledge of the part of production. remember the old n.h.s. jingle, coughs and sneezes spread diseases, catch them in your handkerchief.

seymourbutts
udonmap.com

Post by seymourbutts » July 16, 2009, 4:57 pm

pompui wrote:Supposedly there will be some sort of vaccination promised by the Thai government by the end of the year but only 2 million,while the population here is 60 million!

On a side note,went into Tesco today and wanted to buy facemasks but they have sold out!
My wife informs me that in bangkok you cannot board a minibus with a facemask on!!!!! TIT after all!!! :D

DeNuit
udonmap.com

Re: NO vaccine against Swine Flu in Udon Thani?

Post by DeNuit » July 16, 2009, 7:43 pm

In France you can get Tamiflu only after being diagnosticed positive to H1N1. No buying it anywhere. I suppose some will try to sell Tamiflu for profit anyway in some places ; via internet perhaps ; but fakes medecines exist so carefull about that...

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » July 17, 2009, 9:17 am

seymourbutts wrote:
pompui wrote:Supposedly there will be some sort of vaccination promised by the Thai government by the end of the year but only 2 million,while the population here is 60 million!

My wife informs me that in bangkok you cannot board a minibus with a facemask on!!!!! TIT after all!!! :D
Since face masks are to keep those with the flu from contaminating others easily from coughing or breathing contaminants into your space,versus a protection device from receiving the contamination unless one is going to be in a closely confined space like the vehicle in this case,but the other passengers should not have to guess about a masked persons reasons for wearing the mask!

I would be a happy customer NOT to have those that might have the flu in my midst.Especially in Thailand where there is very little hot water and soft used together and the fact that the ''droplets'' could be on any part of these carriers including clothes and hands,they touch it,you touch it and you are contaminated! :-k

The passengers on the minibus are almost captive in a close confined space,so this does not seem unreasonable to me!I would avoid using this type of service during these times though as the vehicle could already be contaminated!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 17, 2009, 12:10 pm

Honsetly chaps you can catch the flu waiting at a bus-stop, walking in the Complex, even walking down your street, flu is an airborne virus which is spread by all the ways you can think of, wearing masks , well that is one way although I have said it before a tad late I think.
Not breathing the only certain way not too catch the flu, however it does have a side-effect.you die, but not of the flu, so you will not be another statistic what!!!

OIh well the Thais panic, some of us are joining them, same old same old...it will pass as surely as the sun rises and sets.
Hang in there.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » July 17, 2009, 1:06 pm

Imagine how fast the virus can spread where individuals are eating from the same food selection dishes at home,resturants,schools etc.!

There was an article in The Nation this morning about a French company that will supply the first vaccine doses in Dec. or late Jan.

In the meantime the Thai gov't will be developing and producing their own vaccine:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 17, 2009, 1:25 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:
In the meantime the Thai gov't will be developing and producing their own vaccine:
A copy dont u mean !

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » July 17, 2009, 2:24 pm

the Thais panic
yes they do, along with blaming some economic woes on the flu. the doom and gloom article in news of 30 mill getting the flu, almost half the population, and 1200 dying in next 3 years, if it last that long. damn mozzies are killing me this year. also had something for over a month this year, still not sure what that was, though lost a few kilos, not a bad side effect, though i think i would of rather had the flu for a week. dust mask should be mandatory wearing all year round in some areas, as i am amazed at the pollution, fumes and particle amounts.

but the flu, least of my worries :guiness:

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » July 17, 2009, 2:37 pm

Khun Paul wrote:Honsetly chaps you can catch the flu waiting at a bus-stop, walking in the Complex, even walking down your street, flu is an airborne virus which is spread by all the ways you can think of, wearing masks , well that is one way although I have said it before a tad late I think.
Not breathing the only certain way not too catch the flu, however it does have a side-effect.you die, but not of the flu, so you will not be another statistic what!!!

OIh well the Thais panic, some of us are joining them, same old same old...it will pass as surely as the sun rises and sets.
Hang in there.
Totally agree KP, I have just spent the last 10 days confined with it. A rep at our place caught it and within two days, 5 members of staff came down with it, as we are all reasonably fit bar one, we just rode it out at home confined, but the rep got Tamiflu and he's the one off the longest.
Info here is confusing and inadequate but that's the norm, it is not nice and if you have underlying problems god bless you.
Maybe in hindsight masks should be given out ? I am not qualified to say, can you imagine a bar with customers all wearing them, or spectators at the ashes.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » July 17, 2009, 3:54 pm

Ter wrote: Maybe in hindsight masks should be given out ? I am not qualified to say, can you imagine a bar with customers all wearing them, or spectators at the ashes.
But I can imagine some folk asking the TW grandmother to wear one as whenever they smile without the teeth...................... :yikes:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » July 17, 2009, 5:50 pm

plus bits of that damn beetle nut sh*t wouldn't be flying out of their mouth every time they naw on it or try to speak. :roll: :roll: 8)

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » July 17, 2009, 5:54 pm

The image you two have created in my mind is priceless. :D

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » July 17, 2009, 7:29 pm

wazza wrote:
BKKSTAN wrote:
A copy dont u mean !
:lol: Of course! :lol:

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » July 17, 2009, 7:43 pm

I'm sure Thailand have already got the vaccine,especially in the deep countryside where the heads of villages have concocted a potion to eradicate any swine flu or anything else for that matter :D

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » July 18, 2009, 8:43 am

Hello,?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”