wat did u do 2day?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Fawn
udonmap.com

Re: wat did u do 2day?

Post by Fawn » September 26, 2009, 3:41 pm

rick wrote:Very much a hire and fire organisation; 90% of staff do not last 3 months. Not sure wether to resign or let them sack me; but if i resign i can write a rude letter.
Is the organisation local to you and me, Rick?

Doug! Doug! Doug!

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » September 27, 2009, 8:21 am

well last night went to the U.D center we had a great time Simon Doug Stan Jimbo LV Dave Mark (non poster) I hope I did not miss any one ran in to Val was chatting with him for a while great evening
maybe it time to start a thread on the UD center like we have on the night market we missed you Ralph
the ladies had a good time Dave wife had the baby the Girls went up to the Hospital to visit with her
all in all it nights like last night makes it wonderful & it great to have wonderful friends we all get along so well those of you who live in Udon and do not come you & your Lady are missing out on having a good time & making good friends but as they say here in LOS it up 2 U

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 27, 2009, 9:22 am

:lol: It seems you missed aussieboy and Roy,Ron,but we know how the bright lights and many happenings can confuse the aged :lol:

Woke up late this morning !Couldn't believe that neither the cat or the dog,both sleeping on our bed with us,let me sleep in!Cat is a 4AM alarm and the dog is the 5AM snooze alarm :lol:

I was dreaming about Doug(saint) being reinstated to the forum,I miss his wit!Come on fellas lighten up!!!

Didn't feel like running this morn,but pushed myself out there although I only did about 3 KM,then ate my morning deep fried doughballs w/coffee after my San Miguel lites last night,101.3 kilos this AM,mai pen rai!

Nice bunch of guys last nite,very enjoyable get together.It was my first time to UD complex.I like the cleanliness and newness compared to Preecha,but I missed some of the Preecha vendors and service persons!Also,the tabletops with their ''slat'' tops are tricky for setting down your drinks!Wife kept me sober by spilling my beer as they easily tip over!Beer prices were a bit higher also,60-90 with overattentive service initally to less than attentive service later on!Had a minor discrepancy on the bill of 160 baht,but straightened out without argument! :D

I ran out of gas before 9PM ,because I had run 7 KMs on the treadmill and did about 30 minutes of weights a hour before leaving NK to come down to Udon!

Grateful that it wasn't raining on the trip back to NK!Watched Man Utd. wear down poor Stoke,finally scoring a 2-0 win.If I remember right,Stoke never had a shot on goal and only one corner in the whole match :shock:

Today,I hope to catch some early sleep ,so I can stay up to watch NFL football midnight till 7AM ! Sleep patterns in retirement are such a headache :lol:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 27, 2009, 9:40 am

Preparing an urgent presentation for the HSE meetings today.

Our Base on shore had a tragic fatality ,where a worker drank from a Gatorade Bottle, which unknow to him had had its contents replaced with some paint thinner / stripper etc.

He died.

My talk today, on chemicals and what they do, storage, MSDS, First Aid,

We incidently went round our site last night and took picts of 5 examples of water bottles, with unknow fluids in them !

Lesson here please - Never replace the fluids with another, not even if you relabel it, the container itself may not be suitable for the new fluid ! and also Kids cant read ! but can identify with a consumer label !

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 27, 2009, 9:49 am

So today got moaned at again at work, but not fired yet (they fired my co-worker instead!). Definitely a rude letter in a months time is called for. It is probably the only organisation locally that always has vacancies, the staff turn over is so great. 6 months makes you an old hand, possibly the most senior in your section! Fawn, sure you know it, 'Country Market'.

Just a part-time pocket money job, so can wait until December to look for a new one after my Udon trip. Quite enjoyed my retirement this summer as gave me some time with the kids, which there will not be a lot of after next year as i hope to be in Udon mainly.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » September 27, 2009, 10:30 am

Stan I forgot Roy I was wracking my brain and could not remember but I guess it was the water or the pizza
any way I do not recall seeing Aussieboy enlighten me. Roy I am sorry for missing you how is your head this morning LOL

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 27, 2009, 10:44 am

maybe it time to start a thread on the UD center like we have on the night market
just add to current night market thread, think most can figure out there seem to be 2 now, 2nd and 4th sat of the month. :lol:

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » September 27, 2009, 2:28 pm

Early start to the day, rode through part of epping forrest fell off a few times probably gonna feel it in the morning, then off to the pool for a swim. Now back home showered and starving might even have a pub sunday lunch today. Today life is good and on the first rung of getting fit. :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 27, 2009, 5:19 pm

Staff Nurse Wazza wrote:Preparing an urgent presentation for the HSE meetings today.

Our Base on shore had a tragic fatality ,where a worker drank from a Gatorade Bottle, which unknow to him had had its contents replaced with some paint thinner / stripper etc.

He died.
Seems to be a few disasters where you are Wazza........ :shock: Fortunately you are around with your trusty Doctors bag full of sharp items, test tubes,plasters(band aid) gause,cotton wool,a tube of Savlon, needle and cotton and other bits and bobs....otherwise there could be a lot more. ;)
Ter wrote:rode through part of epping forrest fell off a few times probably gonna feel it in the morning,
I got some stabilisers going spare if you want them ter..... :mrgreen:

Getting fit..(or even making the effort) is great especially when you go on the scales an you have lost weight....spurs you on .....getting your stamina back is also great.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 27, 2009, 5:35 pm

Dont forget the nasty and carciogenic mercurichrome , still available in First Aid kits here and in the middle east and north africa.

Sounds like Ter needs a few patches !

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 27, 2009, 5:41 pm

wazza wrote:
Sounds like Ter needs a few patches !
Yeah a dab of Dettol (Owwwwwch) and a cartoon patterned plaster and he will be good.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » September 27, 2009, 7:36 pm

I woke up
Got out of bed
Ran a comb across my head...

Made some coffee and saw a Robin pulling a worm out of my lawn (do Robins eat worms?). Good to see him hopping about my garden.

Carried out some Open University revision, exam coming up in October.

Managed to prise the MX5 keys from the Dragon's grasp and set to work on replacing the gear shift leather cover and the instrument panel hood that I broke when I was doing another job a few months ago. MX5s are great to work on, most of it is easy to disassemble.

rick wrote:It is probably the only organisation locally that always has vacancies, the staff turn over is so great. 6 months makes you an old hand, possibly the most senior in your section! Fawn, sure you know it, 'Country Market'.
Yes, I know Country Market, Rick. They do seem very profit orientated don't they...
Doug! Doug! Doug!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 27, 2009, 7:49 pm

Made some coffee and saw a Robin pulling a worm out of my lawn (do Robins eat worms?). Good to see him hopping about my garden.
Do Robins Eat Worms...? Are You Serious Fawny..??? Thats Like Asking Do Rain deers Pi$$ in The snow...or a bear $*** in The Woods.....heck yeah them eat worms...
Shame Doug The Saint is not on here anymore...that would of been a good tip for his worm troubles.....sure he reads though.....come back saint lad.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » September 27, 2009, 8:27 pm

Yes, I miss old Doug as well. Does anyone see him about, he's not fallen victim to the UP&L scam has he and too embarrassed to stick his hand up?
Doug! Doug! Doug!

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » September 27, 2009, 8:30 pm

What a great weekend as usual in the greatest place on earth...yes the fantastic UT..
O/T...working for the community....chockity dee.. \:D/..hic..up..oops

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 27, 2009, 10:51 pm

Relaxing in Pattaya after a week doing 9-5 in the client's office in Bangkok. Woke early and realised that I hadn't informed my client of a missed $300,000 item on his current project. Emailed, grovelled... and then submitted my expenses. So sue me! Booked a Houston-Aberdeen round-trip for 700 bucks... a steal!

Coffee and croissants before the boy and wife wake up. Breakfast by the pool followed by swimming lessons for an 18 month-old... need to get some for myself. Popped out to visit an old buddy at his 'estate' in the afternoon where we drunk a couple of cold beers and he signed off on my young lads UK passport application. Amazed that we had known each other for 20 years. He is headed for a divorce and here I am on my second bash on the merry-go-round.

The wife called and reminded me that since I had a lads night out on Saturday, it was ladies night out Sunday so after a slap up feed, tucked the wee bugger in and the girls are off and running. She reckons she's pregnant again so I reckon I won't.... um, can't retire after all. Back to the grindstone manana and the wife and son fly home to Udon mid-week. I will follow next weekend for some temple bash on Sunday where my presence has been requested.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 28, 2009, 12:30 am

Well,I stayed up to watch footbal,bith EPL and American NFL games.I watched Sunderland and the Wolves game and then was hopeful of watching my 49ers that were scheduled at midnight,but alas,Jacksonvile-Houston is the one they are showing,not enough interest in either one for me to stay up,so a few posts and off to bed!

Probably be able to find time to run in the morning as I won't be up all night :lol: :lol:

seymourbutts
udonmap.com

Post by seymourbutts » September 28, 2009, 2:12 pm

Well back to work today, babies home, mother in laws doing my head in... and i miss the little fella like crazy!!!! must be old age or something....

Anyway oldtimer this is turning out to be a MEGA megathread!!!! well done good topic, obviously a future sensible moderator in the making!!!!!

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » September 28, 2009, 2:52 pm

I got up at 3 AM to watch my beloved Broncos demolish the hated Oakland Raiders. This is the first time I was able to watch the whole game on MyP2P. The picture was a little fuzzy and froze up at times but was watchable. Kind of reminded me of the old days when all you had to do was bang the side of the TV or fiddle with the rabbit ears to improve the picture. But alas, can't do that with today's technological advances, so you're at the mercy of Maxnet. Spent the rest of the day monitoring the various football forums, mostly unmoderated so they get pretty rowdy. Also learning my Thai script. I figure that if i can read it I might have a shot at translating it, because I sure can't understand it when it's spoken, even though I might know the words.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » September 28, 2009, 5:42 pm

O/T's mega, mega-thread just keeps on going...so 2 day was just as great as yesterday for O/T in the fantastic UT, got up a bit late as usual on a Monday.....oh just remembered something... yesterday (before anyone starts I know it's a bit off subject), I was having a few beers and a chinwag in Mojos and at about 5 or 6 pm everyone was told to check bin as the place was closing for a staff meeting 8-[ . I wouldn't say the place was packed at the time, but there was at least a dozen or so people in there. velly velly strange :-k
So, today I have decided to invest in a bar, I think I'll call it either "Old-timers Bar" or "The Moderators Bar" and fill the place with birds with big tittys..
O/T... working for the community...chock dee... \:D/

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”