Police traffic Stop near nightmarket

General Udon Thani topics only!
Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Police traffic Stop near nightmarket

Post by Irish Alan » August 24, 2009, 11:47 pm

For the past couple of Saturdays, the police have had quite an elaborate traffic stop set up on Thanon Tongyai (adj. railway line). They even have a table set up on the pavement with 2 officers sitting at it processing the offenders. It seems to be for everything, licence, helmet and drink-driving. They even have an officer playing a sweeper role near Zap Buffet. He lurks in the shadows and allows the traffic pass him coming from the night market BUT if anybody does a u-turn this is where officer Ruud Krol comes in and stops the guy trying to escape the stop.

Remember... Never drink and drive.......... You'll spill it!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Re: Night Market Get Together

Post by Zidane » August 25, 2009, 11:46 am

Irish Alan wrote:For the past couple of Saturdays, the police have had quite an elaborate traffic stop set up on Thanon Tongyai (adj. railway line). They even have an officer playing a sweeper role near Zap Buffet.
You could have done with him last night,Alan.Best to go out and sign him up on behalf of Rafa.....100 baht signing on fee should do the trick ! :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

lee
udonmap.com

Re: Police traffic Stop near nightmarket

Post by lee » August 25, 2009, 2:00 pm

I was stopped there last week, I wound down my window and the officer asked if I had been drinking, I said no and he waved me on.

The police are really cracking down on drink driving these days.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 25, 2009, 2:05 pm

Yeah a month or so ago stopped same place. TG was driving (it was quite late at night) & made her blow into the meter. Totally negative so let us on our way. They did not check documentation or vehicle what so ever - was a pure drink/drive check..

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 25, 2009, 2:28 pm

definitely a good thing, if followed thru, recorded, and letter of law followed, up to point of losing driving privledges.....hopefully..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

designated driver or 350 baht hotel, may save more than a simple fine, common sense rules. 8)

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”