biscuitz
udonmap.com

forget name & shame what about.... name & promote

Post by biscuitz » November 22, 2009, 8:12 am

sorry ---- the bad things what about the GOOD

laphanphon

Re: forget name & shame what about.... name & promote

Post by laphanphon » November 22, 2009, 8:52 am

good reviews abound, just check out 'places to eat' and accommodations. people have placed travelogues in thailand section with good recommendations. very information and mostly positive stuff. it's the rest of the forum that is negative and a haven for debate. home page for information on udon, forum for food and accommodations..............the rest is like the tv or radio, change the channel if not to you liking. also if not caring for any particular member's responses or attitude on thailand, simply add to FOE list, and you'll never have to endure their posts again, unless copy a pasted by someone. making it a friendlier read. 8)

biscuitz
udonmap.com

Post by biscuitz » November 22, 2009, 9:07 am

dont mean in thailand as general.... what i mean is local sevices within udon, thnx... GORDON

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » November 22, 2009, 9:27 am

Try asking for ''good'' responses to specific questions!You might even define what you mean by ''good'' and ''bad''!!
Examples for me:
''Good''means anyones specific experience or knowledge of someone else's experience whether it was negative or positive to them!
"Bad'' is the attempt to impose your view as the only right view and the belittling of someone elses experience!Add to that,telling of lies,directly or by omission for whatever selfish purpose! :D

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » November 22, 2009, 11:27 am

local sevices within udon
still not sure what you mean, but i've had mostly good experiences. if you mean having car/mb/computer serviced, or actually good follow up service on flat tv i bought. my builder was what i consider a good friend, so any imperfections or replacements were done for free of material cost.

now actually shopping is frustrating at times, as most salespersons haven't a clue what they are selling or how to use, since under trained, and sadly too poor to own what you may be looking at.

of course buyer beware, always shop around as there can be a large price difference, and follow up service, if needed.

i've personally have only had one negative 'service' experience, hot water heater (4500 w) returned to global under warranty, sent out, came back with probably 2500 w heating element in it, as water will not get hot, even now, and it hasn't been that cold yet. i don't use land line phone, or non cell phone internet, as i understand their services are very lacking.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » November 22, 2009, 4:04 pm

''Name and shame'' helps others from having to go through the negative experience and waste their time!Then ''name and promote'' usually is the followup!

Of course,some ''name and shame'' is venting and helpful to the person doing it!

Do you want to deny one person their desires,just to make your life easier?? :lol: [-X

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 22, 2009, 5:50 pm

The expereinces enjoyed by many of us, are as a result of living here fo some considerable time, and getting to know the local chappies etc. It has become obvious to me that many newly located farangs here seek the same if not better service than one would normally expect and as a result of that I am somewhat loathe to introduce any farang to any Thai person who works for me or who has even done work for me.
The earache one gets when the job is not dealt with to the satisfaction of the new farang never ceases to amaze me and as for the having to 1, sort it out, 2, calm the Thai friend or aquaintance down, and then having to sort out the new farnag. to be honest is just not worth it , in my books.

Service comes from as in England from mutual trust and knoweldge of the other person, most of my repair persons and even workmen I knew in england so i had no problems, always paid a fair price but expected a good honest job, with no scamming for extras.
I treat Thai's the same, to date , no complaints, hoiwever they are my service people, my workers hence to someone else they may not do the job as they wish.
pepole should use their Thai G/F or Wives to start the process of seeking good reliable Thai workers, then over time you will know them too.

I know many people who have had problems with Thai workers but to be fair some peo-pole are the architects of their own problems, mis-understanding and language problems in the main being the major problems.
AS for name and promote, I will always recommend a shop or business that is good but repairmen or workers no-way.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”