Laosoong

General Udon Thani topics only!
anachak

Laosoong

Post by anachak » December 19, 2009, 5:13 pm

Bit of an off the cuff question but does anyone know where Laosoong is?

thanks
Rich

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Laosoong

Post by parrot » December 19, 2009, 5:59 pm

If you give me a hint, I can probably find it. Can you give me a general idea....n, s, e, w, ne, etc?

anachak

Post by anachak » December 19, 2009, 6:19 pm

Hi parrot
I'm going to get even more vague now - Does Amphoe Tambon Phen sound right?
I drove from the airbase to the big lights at Tesco, turned left and after that is a blur!!!

I'm writing a website and it was several years ago that I had reason to visit this village of which I have photos and memories but cannot recall which way I went to get there.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 19, 2009, 8:43 pm

Phen is indeed in the direction you mentioned.....and there is a village called Laosoong (เหล่าสูง) in that amphur. In Thai it's เหล่าสูง. I can't find it on any map (online or off), but from what I gather on google, the PhenPittayakhom School serves Laosoong. It's too small to show up on google earth.
If you drove toward Nongkai, about 30km from Udon, you'll enter amphur Phen. Turn right at the sign for Phen.......I think it's another 10+km from there. The village should be in that area.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 20, 2009, 7:59 am

Yup, I live in Amphur(Amphoe) Phen, a little out of Phen itself. As you describe. The village IS somewhere around here; my wife has heard of it, but doesn't know exact location. The school referred to would be on the right, coming from the highway, maybe 1Km before you reach Phen 'town'.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » December 20, 2009, 10:12 am

the PhenPittayakhom School serves Laosoong.
ANACHAK....................sent u a PM, school is on my map and have directions.

anachak

Post by anachak » December 20, 2009, 9:30 pm

Thank you all - very much appreciated. I know where it is from the main road but couldn't remember which road to go down.

thanks
I also want to say I have checked out so many forums but this one has a great bunch of members. Roll on the day I am posting from Udon instead of UK.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”