Spare parts for B.&D

General Udon Thani topics only!
douglas
udonmap.com

Spare parts for B.&D

Post by douglas » March 27, 2010, 1:13 pm

Hi,
Wonder if anyone knows where, in Udon, I can buy spares for a black and decker strimmer. Tried most of the big stores on ring road with no joy. Is it the case of having to buy a new strimmer, only just over a year old and the part is a piece of plastic that holds the spool in, costing only a few B.
Cheers Doug.

kakariki
udonmap.com

Re: Spare parts for B.&D

Post by kakariki » March 27, 2010, 4:48 pm

Hi
If can claim warranty you should get it replaced, most B&D stuff is unservicable now, if it's under warranty they just replace it, if not chuck it as they don't carry the spares like they used to.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » March 27, 2010, 5:00 pm

douglas wrote:Hi,
Wonder if anyone knows where, in Udon, I can buy spares for a black and decker strimmer. Tried most of the big stores on ring road with no joy. Is it the case of having to buy a new strimmer, only just over a year old and the part is a piece of plastic that holds the spool in, costing only a few B.
Cheers Doug.
Doug, I Doubt if it's available in Udon, I'd just try and bodge it somehow and stand well back when using it, even better tell the mrs to cut the grass.

OT.......... \:D/

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 27, 2010, 5:04 pm

douglas wrote:Hi,
Cheers Doug.
If its model D409 it is no longer made so you may have difficult getting spares .The main service agent in Udon is Tool Pro on the ring road near Global House. B&D do have after sales office in Bangkok, but I can't put my hands on it right now. Will post it if I do .The part you describe is called the spool holder and it just screws on with an anti clockwise thread. To remove the old one a sharp tap in the opposite direction should do it . As its not heavy I suggest you get someone in the UK to buy one and post to you .But frankly its not up to the job on Thai grass so my advice is dump it . :-"

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 27, 2010, 5:09 pm

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » March 27, 2010, 7:07 pm

Hi,
O.T. the wife does cut the grass. That's how it got broke, one of these that you have to bump it on the ground to get more line out. She bumped it to hard, or it hit a stone, and it broke. Unable to bodge it. Tried no good. I guess its time to get another. Will keep the old one, I'm like a jackdaw, and when I am home this year will try to get a part.
Thank you all for your replies.
Cheers Doug.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » March 30, 2010, 10:34 am

Douglas, is this the orange B&D strimmer? the GL300? If so my missus did the exact same thing and after some searching online I found a store in BKK who sold me a couple of new ones, have a look at the link is this the part you need.

http://www.weloveshopping.com/shop/show ... pid=171179

the girl I dealt with is Pook email address [email protected]

Hope this helps

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”