Bus to New Airport,from Udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
keith555
udonmap.com

Bus to New Airport,from Udon

Post by keith555 » April 6, 2010, 1:03 am

Does anybody know if there is a bus that goes to the new airport,Suvarnabhumi,from Udon Thani.... :D

fussychunk
udonmap.com

Re: Bus to New Airport,from Udon

Post by fussychunk » April 6, 2010, 1:40 am

Yeah heres a thread on it http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/9 ... 10500.html Caught it a few times to the swamp and once back to Udon, all the times its been punctual.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 6, 2010, 6:48 am

Yes i can confirm there is a bus goes from Udon central bus station, used it both ways last November. Not sure if it is a 999 company service, but is the only one from that bus station i believe, route 825. Bus is a mustard yellow colour and clearly says Suvarnabhumi on the front. only one, leaves at 9 pm (official time 20:30). Buy ticket at office on south side of station (there are 2 i think, the one nearest entrance to bus station). Arrives by 5:30 am at the transport centre for the airport. Transport centre in swampy is modern, clean, good toilets and 7-11 style store. From there you catch the free shuttle bus to the terminal building. From swampy to Udon there are 2 buses at 8pm and 9 pm. Therefore if using this service, catch flights that leave swampy in the morning (after 7am) and arrive swampy early evening (most do around 6pm). Bus is modern, snack, water, blanket, even manged to sleep a little. Price 418 baht.

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » April 6, 2010, 8:08 am

You might want to bring a sweater, because the airco/temperature in the bus is really low.

greatsnake
udonmap.com

Post by greatsnake » April 6, 2010, 8:55 am

Be aware, the bus seats don't have much leg room. If you are a tall, or large person it will be rather uncomfortable. Also, there will be a 1/2 hour stop in the middle of the night, which doesn't help trying to sleep.

It's a pity there aren't any luxury buses which make the same route to the airport at the same time.

keith555
udonmap.com

Post by keith555 » April 6, 2010, 11:13 am

Thanks for your answers,i have to catch a plane monday night 12th,april,so ill have to go sunday,just means a long wait in the airport.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”