visa question

General Udon Thani topics only!
peterg

visa question

Post by peterg » May 15, 2010, 3:04 pm

i know that i will get 10 different answers to this question,but here it goes. in the usa, your visa is valid for 1 year.i have an o-a multiple entry.about 1 month before my visa expired i went to laos, and upon re-entry was stamped in for a full year from date of re- entry. my question is, can i still have multiple entries up to the new date stamped on my passport even if my current visa has expired?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: visa question

Post by jackspratt » May 15, 2010, 4:02 pm

No. You will need re-entry visas (1000/3900 baht single/multiple).

If you leave without having first obtained a re-entry visa, the second 12 months you have been give will lapse, and you will need to start the whole visa thing again..

You cannot get a R/E visa at the airport - generally you need to go to your local immigration, where you do your 90 day reports.

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » June 6, 2010, 8:35 pm

As Jackspratt says you need a re-entry permit to keep the visa alive should you leave the country for any reason. The form is available at Immigration ' Form TM 8 '

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 6, 2010, 10:43 pm

Peterg, Here's your third of your ten answers, though I trust you will note they are not different, but in fact all the same:
No. You will need re-entry visas (1000/3900 baht single/multiple).

If you leave without having first obtained a re-entry visa, the second 12 months you have been give will lapse, and you will need to start the whole visa thing again..

You cannot get a R/E visa at the airport - generally you need to go to your local immigration, where you do your 90 day reports.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 7, 2010, 6:50 am

NO.re-entry stamp required, fourth answer same reason.
Reason...new visa ...new start date from date of stamp, end date 1 yer after date of new stamp, clear as mud I hope. lol,

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » June 7, 2010, 11:00 am

maybe someone should give the op 10 different answers so he doesnt suffer the embarrassment of being labeled a cynic....

Lee4Life

Post by Lee4Life » June 14, 2010, 5:34 am

I honestly don't know the answer to your question. I'm just answering so that you won't be labeled a cynic.
so how many more different answers do we need?

( thanks for asking the question by the way...I have been wondering the same thing)

youwant2nome
udonmap.com

Post by youwant2nome » July 20, 2010, 1:08 pm

This is going to probably be a stupid question but it says Multiple Entry... exactly how many does that include?

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

Post by Allen A Hale » July 20, 2010, 7:56 pm

Unlimited number of reentries during the one year peiod that the permit is valid for. However if you have a USA passport you could run out of blank pages in your passport for all those exit and entry stamps which would then require you to pay $82 for additional pages to be add at an Embassy. ;-)

thanuhak
udonmap.com

Post by thanuhak » July 21, 2010, 6:35 am

I just returned from US and re-entered with my Multiple Entry visa.

They set the expiration date at 2 Dec, which is the date my original O visa expired (a couple years ago; I've got extensions since then).

The 90-day check-in slip in my passport is dated 16 Aug, when I would've checked in with them if I hadn't left the country.

So, do I check in 90 days from re-entry, or 2 Dec, or 16 Aug?

Or drop by & ask the nice, happy folks in the NK office?

Think it should be 90 days from re-entry, yeah?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 21, 2010, 6:58 am

Last sentence is correct.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”