Missing person

General Udon Thani topics only!
lee
udonmap.com

Missing person

Post by lee » May 21, 2010, 4:41 pm

The following email was sent to me so I thought I post it here. If anyone has any info please contact me and I'll pass it on. Thanks.
I have been contacted by the son of a former Udonite - Rob Gillham. He was a bit of an artist there - a Brit who moved to Pattaya about 3 years ago. Apparently he is missing in action since about 1 April or so. Can you get the word out to see if anyone there in Udon might know anything. He used to be a pretty avid pool player.

swan7

Re: Missing person

Post by swan7 » May 21, 2010, 9:39 pm

Was he from burnley and in his 40's?

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » May 21, 2010, 9:44 pm

Another one to add to the list:
Alan Delahaye

He is English and, apparently, his last know address was in Sri Chiang Mai, Nong Khai.

I have been contacted regarding the possibility that he may have recently died, but as yet I have found no evidence to support the claim.

If anyone knows of him, or his whereabouts, please do let me know so I can pass the details on.

Thank you.

csbaker22
udonmap.com

Post by csbaker22 » May 21, 2010, 9:57 pm

BangkokButcher wrote:Another one to add to the list:
Alan Delahaye

He is English and, apparently, his last know address was in Sri Chiang Mai, Nong Khai.

I have been contacted regarding the possibility that he may have recently died, but as yet I have found no evidence to support the claim.

If anyone knows of him, or his whereabouts, please do let me know so I can pass the details on.

Thank you.
with all respect, but why you didn't open your own topic for that? :? :? :?

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » May 21, 2010, 10:02 pm

Because it is the same topic, both related to missing persons, we are not asking for a discussion on it, just for information to be sent directly to either me or Lee, if anyone has any information!

csbaker22
udonmap.com

Post by csbaker22 » May 21, 2010, 10:14 pm

BangkokButcher wrote:Because it is the same topic, both related to missing persons, we are not asking for a discussion on it, just for information to be sent directly to either me or Lee, if anyone has any information!
not really, this is a topic about a missing person by the name of Rob Gillham. We should keep it like that. if you have any other issues about missing people, just open a new topic. It could be confusing, if really someone has informations about those people

Mac70

Post by Mac70 » May 22, 2010, 3:11 am

Did he have his paintings for sale in bars around Udon? In Aussie Bar? Painted famous superstars in an extract style?
I remember Justin (Aussie Bar) telling me Rob was house sitting for his friend in Pattaya ....maybe Justin has seen him recently.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 22, 2010, 8:46 am

While I have no information about any missing person, the sad fact is that in this country if one has not seen someone for a considerable time, it is VERY hard to ascertain what has occurred.
Keeping tabs on firnds is hard enough, as for aquaintances even harder . In this country unless you have agood network of friends ones demise is so quickly taken care of, that in one minute you are dead the next burnt, the next forgotten and as for Thai girl-friends/wives etc...gone as well.
Embassies should be contacted if a farang passes away, ( note the use of the word should ) , but in reality that does NOT always occur, so although this POST was set up to look for one person, and I can empathise with the feeling of the OP, it might be of interest to keep this post alive just for people who seem to be missing or otherwise.

Many people have left here in tha last few months some permanently to go back to their own countries, some popping off to pastures new in SE Asia, I am sure that in the main there is at least one person who will know the whereabouts or otherwise of a missing person. before some wise person says it I will, I will not go to find that person to ask him/ her, I am sure you are all capabnle of understanding my meaning .
Just a few thoughts about a subject that can give deep concern to any person looking for anyone, especially if they are family.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 22, 2010, 8:52 am

Khun Paul wrote:While I have no information about any missing person, the sad fact is that in this country if one has not seen someone for a considerable time, it is VERY hard to ascertain what has occurred.
Keeping tabs on firnds is hard enough, as for aquaintances even harder . In this country unless you have agood network of friends ones demise is so quickly taken care of, that in one minute you are dead the next burnt, the next forgotten and as for Thai girl-friends/wives etc...gone as well.
Embassies should be contacted if a farang passes away, ( note the use of the word should ) , but in reality that does NOT always occur, so although this POST was set up to look for one person, and I can empathise with the feeling of the OP, it might be of interest to keep this post alive just for people who seem to be missing or otherwise.

Many people have left here in tha last few months some permanently to go back to their own countries, some popping off to pastures new in SE Asia, I am sure that in the main there is at least one person who will know the whereabouts or otherwise of a missing person. before some wise person says it I will, I will not go to find that person to ask him/ her, I am sure you are all capabnle of understanding my meaning .
Just a few thoughts about a subject that can give deep concern to any person looking for anyone, especially if they are family.
Seems this one got past you...
BangkokButcher wrote:Because it is the same topic, both related to missing persons, we are not asking for a discussion on it, just for information to be sent directly to either me or Lee, if anyone has any information!

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » May 22, 2010, 9:15 am

Mac70 wrote:Did he have his paintings for sale in bars around Udon? In Aussie Bar? Painted famous superstars in an extract style?
Yes that's him. I believe he was in his late 50's / early 60's and wore a hat when out and about.

rossi46
udonmap.com

Post by rossi46 » May 22, 2010, 10:50 am

Re Alan Delahaye

I was an old army friend of Alans and he passed away in sri chang mai on 13 may in hospital.

Alan used to be in 216 parachute signal sqn you can look on there facebook site for more details.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 22, 2010, 12:03 pm

Ok you cynics and all those WHO STATE they do NOT want a discussion.
I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY AN IMPECCABLE SOURCE THAT mr gILLHAM IS ALIVE AND WELL AND ALSO HAS CONTACTED HIS SON.OK
So papaquido be a little less blustery. I was informed by Ron who is also a lifetime friend of Mr Gillham, he asked me to tell eveyone else, everything is OK.

You see it does work, there is always someone who knows it is just how you ask. It would appear that Mr Gillhams computor was stolen and he popped over to the Phillipines, however his son managed to ascertains Rons email and hence all is now well.
So less bluster and more informed talk gets more information OK.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » May 22, 2010, 4:53 pm

rossi46 wrote:Re Alan Delahaye

I was an old army friend of Alans and he passed away in sri chang mai on 13 may in hospital.

Alan used to be in 216 parachute signal sqn you can look on there facebook site for more details.
Thanks for the heads up Rossi, I have passed the details onto the enquirer.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » May 22, 2010, 5:09 pm

Khun Paul wrote:mr GILLHAM IS ALIVE AND WELL AND ALSO HAS CONTACTED HIS SON.
Thanks for the information, I'll pass it on.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”