Tax Siezure Motorcycle Auction

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Tax Siezure Motorcycle Auction

Post by bumper » June 24, 2010, 9:12 am

Watching TAN news last night they talked about a luxury vehicle auction yesterday. In that news piece they mentioned a " Luxury Motorcycle"auction would be held next month.

I didn't catch the information so I wrote then yesterday this is what I got back. If anyone wants to follow up on it.

Hi,

I don't personally host Investment Beat, but have checked the news rundown for the particular news that you're referring to. According to our sister station, the auction will be held during the Customs Department Fair between July 8 -11 at Muangthong Thani.

Hope that helps!

Sarosha

thrilled
udonmap.com

Re: Tax Siezure Motorcycle Auction

Post by thrilled » June 26, 2010, 12:40 am

I wish the motorcycle auctions were advertised more.Sometimes you can find A good buy.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » June 26, 2010, 1:28 am

thrilled wrote:I wish the motorcycle auctions were advertised more.Sometimes you can find A good buy.
They are promoted, but not in English unfortunately, the biggest and most successful of them, as far as I know (in Udon), is:
http://www.appleauction.co.th/default.aspx

I do believe they have a dedicated motorbike auction site as well, but I've forgotten the link :oops:

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » June 26, 2010, 2:34 am

Got checked today in Nong Sam Rong!!!
Bike outside wifeys shop with NO NUMBER PLATE

I've paid the tax and have an invoice to prove it!

Thankyou says the Tax Man and off he goes \:D/

Lee4Life

Post by Lee4Life » June 26, 2010, 2:50 pm

here is a link to tanachart banks vehicle auctions, I attended the last car auction at the homepro parking lot in u.d. but didn't have time to stick around long, they have motorbike auctions in Khon Khaen

http://www.thanachartauction.com/

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 26, 2010, 3:08 pm

An interesting question came up about this and that is to you get a legal book with these bikes. I have no idea, paying import taxes doesn't guarantee a book. I have gotten a book with import papers in the past cost me 70K baht The bigger the bike the more the expense. So that should be a question for anyone doing this. You might be buying a bucket of worms I don't know.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. But I would ask lots of questions before I parted with money. Would be nice to know if someone finds out.

Thanks for the heads up on Khan Kean I think those are repo vehicles? These mentioned in the original post are seized by Customs for no import tax paid.

Thank goodness I'm happy with my bike. I wouldn't really want to jump through all the hoops again. If I ever replace the 800 I will just pay the price and get a legal new 900. But I imagine there are more miles in that 80-0 left then I have me :lol:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”