ud town tesco lotus security guards

General Udon Thani topics only!
DRILLER
udonmap.com

ud town tesco lotus security guards

Post by DRILLER » June 29, 2010, 5:24 pm

i do use the term security gueards loosley here.

i have shopped at this new supermarket now since it opened. i have shopped at every other supermarket in udon too.

the glaring difference with this new tesco at ud town is the way the so called security guards are employed. all other supermarkets the security guards are user friendly but the ones at the ud town tesco are downright contemptious.

for example...a guard will stand in front of the checkout being used and stare at the farang during the whole transaction...how does this ensure security...well it doesnt. its just to intimidate.

on another occasion, 2 guards will get together near the checkout being used by said farang and openly joke and laugh whilst occasionally staring at the farang....another method to ensure security....i dont think so.

i guess it comes back to the old adage....'you pay peanuts, you get monkeys'.

enough said.

bubbles
udonmap.com

Re: ud town tesco lotus security guards

Post by bubbles » June 29, 2010, 5:40 pm

Why shop there again give them the ass and spend your money elsewhere, remember you are the one keeping them in jobs, push the reselect button and find another shop.

johnty.
udonmap.com

Post by johnty. » June 29, 2010, 5:51 pm

Better still ask to see the manager immediately,do not pay for your goods until you see him and then give him and his little hitlers a right dressing down(they lose big face) even though they may not understand many of your words they will get the idea,then leave all your goods unpaid for and shop elsewhere or just go somewhere else where your money will be appreciated as earlier suggested....up to you falang :D

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 29, 2010, 5:54 pm

As far as I am concerned seeing any guards doing anything would be in my estimation a complete reversal of what I have seen in any supermarket yet.
They are there I can assume to ensure the normal honest person is being honest, they cannot as far as I can see be able to tell if someone is not being honest.
Any form of intimidation whether real or imagined is not good for Tesco's image and I would suggest you not only speak to the manager but also email Tesco Lotus head office in Bangkok, I did on a completely unrelated matter to this and the matter I brought up has changed.
it is worth a email and chat at least. I would have thpought, things ain't going to change unless you do something.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » June 29, 2010, 6:07 pm

bubbles wrote:Why shop there again give them the ass and spend your money elsewhere, remember you are the one keeping them in jobs, push the reselect button and find another shop.
Great advice!

There are lots of places to go where they will smile and be helpful and appreciate your business. Shop around.

simpsonp

Post by simpsonp » June 29, 2010, 6:31 pm

I found a security guard at Carrefour to be a bit of a "monkey" if I am honest, he was doing his best to intimidate us by hovering very closely to the sales register and staring.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » June 29, 2010, 7:31 pm

I wouldn't mess with these guys.

They've been trained to look for anything out of the ordinary -- and that's you.

They're highly proficient in the martial arts and will kung-fu your butt to kingdom come if you so much as look at them sideways.

I normally just look straight ahead and never make eye contact. Don't object if they start fondling your rambutans, either -- it might set them off. I once saw an old lady sneak a sample grape in the fruits and veg aisle. The security rapid response force repelled down from the ceiling, flashlights drawn ... they meant business. They were all over her like mange on a soi dog.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » June 29, 2010, 8:03 pm

Now, O \:D/ T is not trying to act hard here, however - A security guard at Tesco's would not ever give me a second thought, whatever he was doing.
Next time load up with fruit and vegetables without getting a barcode and go to the checkout.You will hold up everything everyone else gets annoyed.

OT..... \:D/

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » July 19, 2010, 7:45 pm

bubbles wrote:Why shop there again give them the ass and spend your money elsewhere, remember you are the one keeping them in jobs, push the reselect button and find another shop.
the security men , are only doing a job .
acting on their intuition , and maybe going on apperances /behaviour of the customers .
why should a farang get uptight , we are not as superior , as we like to think we are .

if the security guy , was eye balling thai shoppers ,
you would not be in the least concerned ..

mrbeerlao
udonmap.com

Post by mrbeerlao » July 20, 2010, 8:35 am

Texpat wrote:I wouldn't mess with these guys.

They've been trained to look for anything out of the ordinary -- and that's you.

They're highly proficient in the martial arts and will kung-fu your butt to kingdom come if you so much as look at them sideways.

I normally just look straight ahead and never make eye contact. Don't object if they start fondling your rambutans, either -- it might set them off. I once saw an old lady sneak a sample grape in the fruits and veg aisle. The security rapid response force repelled down from the ceiling, flashlights drawn ... they meant business. They were all over her like mange on a soi dog.
I fully agree,Ive seen it with my own eyes...... he he he he

Bugs Bunny
udonmap.com

Post by Bugs Bunny » July 20, 2010, 3:23 pm

The security guards at Tescos Nong Han branch are very nice. They even help with the bags and one even carries my stuff out to the parking lot.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » July 22, 2010, 8:22 am

I think the Security Guards are just plain BORE(BOREDOM) the poor guys have to something to keep from finding and available area and falling asleep, than getting fired. My opinion smile move on and think goodness you are a bit better off. 8) ;)

Funman
udonmap.com

Post by Funman » July 22, 2010, 10:25 am

I've been in there a few times and have really never noticed them. But then again, I pay NO attention to them. It has been my experience here in the LOS that Thai's have a tendency to stare at falangs like they just fell off the moon. Takes some getting used to but.................? If it really bugs one I've found that saying "alai" in a loud stern voice while staring back at them will get the desired results and they move on. Just my observation.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » August 2, 2010, 5:09 pm

This is meant to be some kind of joke?

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » August 3, 2010, 9:35 pm

JR wrote:

Not exactly the brightest question I've ever heard.

OT........ \:D/

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » August 4, 2010, 10:55 pm

old-timer wrote:
JR wrote:

Not exactly the brightest question I've ever heard.

I seriously doubt you would be qualified to judge about anything being bright or not. And if you do not have anything of value to bring to a discussion, try not to write anything. Please.

Barstool
udonmap.com

Post by Barstool » August 5, 2010, 12:05 am

Look this is all well and good, but if Cesc Fabregas had stayed at Barcelona as a teenager I'm certain that he wouldn't have been given the arena in which to expand, improve and flourish into the player he is now, and therefore create such interest by his yester-club. He would have been inhibited into being "just another player" rahter than devloping the leadership talents he has today. This is all down to a certain Monsieur Wenger.
They must realise this.

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » August 5, 2010, 11:08 am

JR wrote: This is meant to be some kind of joke?
OT wrote: Not exactly the brightest question I've ever heard.

JR wrote: I seriously doubt you would be qualified to judge about anything being bright or not. And if you do not have anything of value to bring to a discussion, try not to write anything. Please.
And JR thinks his question "brings something of value to the discussion"?

Come on, wake up!

Joe

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » August 5, 2010, 9:18 pm

Please, read what I said and do try to understand.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”