Is there an increase in property crime in Udon?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Re: Is there an increase in property crime in Udon?

Post by Liam Dale » December 14, 2016, 7:57 am

Agree with Vince. Our system was 10k inc 4 GOOD cameras for lo light & recordable HD that if I chose could go in the attic. The ratproof cables were quite pricy. But more valuable I have 24 access to the cameras views on my iphone. Havent actually set it up yet which makes me a ****.. but nothing new there.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 14, 2016, 8:11 am

I was thinking about getting a 150kg safe,filling it to the top with nuts and bolts,then leaving it in full view in the lounge so that if I did get burgled they would have a nice little go at hauling the thing away and leaving the TVs and other stuff.could you imagine their faces after all the work to get into it just to find 100kg of rusty nuts n bolts.mrs said they would come back and shoot me for cheating them.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 14, 2016, 10:38 am

We haven't finished our security system yet on the new house which will include a cam system, but we have our own very young personal guard on duty at the moment. Very effective deterrent.
Here he is on his way back from the gym flexing his 6 pack.
He does make it hard to see out the back of the Isuzu though.
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_1756[1].jpg

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 14, 2016, 10:48 am

I forgot to mention, in a couple of cases the dogs were fed drugged food first.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 14, 2016, 11:02 am

Meet daddies little Angel, I brought her over from the UK with me.
IMG_0095.JPG
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 14, 2016, 11:15 am

Fitting CCTV is really easy to fit but if anyone can't do it I have a guy who will install it really cheaply, he will also set up your phones and tablets etc so you can watch it remotely.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » March 24, 2017, 7:15 pm

I don't know if this thread has been "laid to rest", but would like to say, things will get worse. We have good relations with most of our neighbors 1/2 way down the road. We provide bottle water& dry noodles to those who need something now and have no money. In return they watch our place, share many nice foods with us.Together, if someone comes in our space to do evil, it will be your last opportunity.
I urge others who are friendly with "the natives" as they call them. Start getting friendly and start "grouping".

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 25, 2017, 8:09 am

I agree with you 100% Felix, we get on very well with the villagers, particularly the people who we bought our land from, we always make sure we visit them when we go there and take them some fruit or something. This usually turns out to be a bit pointless because they in turn fill up a grocery bag with whatever it is they are growing at that time so every now and again we take them to a restaurant for lunch or supper, they don't get out very often so it's a real treat for them. The real upshot of this is that within 3 minutes of arriving at our land, the old owners who live about a km away turn up to say hello and have a chat with the wife, the place is very well looked after and over by the locals who adore my wife because she's a wannabe farmer girl, quite rare for young people these days. The moral of the story is as you say, look after the locals and they will look after you.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 25, 2017, 8:51 am

I live 1km outside nong wua so and have been here for 18 months and have never heard of a crime.the locals are very friendly and I think they appreciate us being here spending money,employing people.even the police are ok.the other month one let me off a 200b fine.the youths out here don't seem to be a problem apart from loud sometimes fast scooters.the crime is more in the city with gangster mentally,drugs and boredom.my security consists of outside lighting from dusk till dawn.dummy cctv around the property and a concreted safe that's well and truely out of sight that never has much in it apart from deeds etc.if we go market I always leave lights and tv on as it's all low wattage and is probably the best form of security.we don't have a dog as the neighbor has and it lets us know if someone is at the gates.security can be very cheap but some people wait until it's too late...keep em peeled. John thaw,police five for those who can remember.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » March 25, 2017, 8:59 am

Sorry got that mixed up...it was shaw Taylor.police 5...uk tv many moons ago...don't forget keep them peeled (eyes) was his one liner at the end of the programme.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 25, 2017, 10:29 am

We to have become friendly with our neighbours, but, I do have an anti social side in my brain and I am still wary of who comes to visit them, mostly boys in the families around us and they are growing up and have many hoon types on their hotted up bikes coming around now, they all seem to want to take a close look at the falang place. But that inquisitiveness has waned over a short period with their introduction to our "mans best friend" family member. Singto is am imposing sight when he comes at you at nearly 60kg.
Just prior to my leaving on this work assignment the local dogs were non stop barking for a few nights, out of character for this quiet neck of the woods, my favourite Aunty neighbor came over in the night worried as her husband was away and asked my GF to let our dog out to check around her house. Happy to oblige, She has been socialized well with him and she knows full well his presence will make any would be thief move on. There was something or someone in the long grass in the adjacent paddy to her house and it took all my strength to hold him back. Strange the barking stopped after that.
We have now beefed up our own security with the purchase of a little puppy sister for Singto. Her name is Lilly if you do visit.
Thanks to Doug and Lek's ranch for our new addition to the family. She looks a beauty with nice tiger stripes.
There goes the house budget for the weekly food bill. Mama noodles for the humans now. :lol:
Attachments
Lilly2.jpg
Lilly1.jpg

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 26, 2017, 6:47 pm

Well stage 2 of the security plan has been installed at home. Her name is Lilly. About 8 weeks old.

Her 1 year old brother can be seen on duty teaching her the basics of the lay of the land and how to search out danger.
Unfortunately, her rough tough exterior is cloaked by playing dress up with the young daughter.
Amazing the difference in size how big they get in 1 year. But then again he is one of the bigger ones to come out of the litter at Lek's ranch.
Attachments
IMG_2771.JPG

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » March 27, 2017, 7:28 am

Nice to see Lilly settling in nicely Barney!

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » March 28, 2017, 8:29 am

might as well pump my pups whilst we are on subject of home security :D

The 2 rascals below are on their way to Bangkok crocodile farm to eventually guard the owners property.. 8)

We only have 2 pups left a male and a female so if anyone is interested in some extra home security now is the time to contact as I am wanting to rest my bitch for another year after these are gone..

Inquiries phone Lek 0860593028

Can be viewed at Leks Horse Ranch Udon Thani (by appointment only)
http://www.thailandhorseriding.com

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » May 25, 2017, 9:59 pm

monkeyman wrote:might as well pump my pups whilst we are on subject of home security :D

The 2 rascals below are on their way to Bangkok crocodile farm to eventually guard the owners property.. 8)

We only have 2 pups left a male and a female so if anyone is interested in some extra home security now is the time to contact as I am wanting to rest my bitch for another year after these are gone..
You want to rest Lek for a year now?? (Sorry, could n ot resist)

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 23, 2017, 10:35 pm

I've also posted this on another thread but it's worth a second watch https://www.facebook.com/newsthaich8/vi ... 691188787/

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » June 24, 2017, 7:17 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
March 25, 2017, 8:51 am
I live 1km outside nong wua so and have been here for 18 months and have never heard of a crime.the locals are very friendly and I think they appreciate us being here spending money,employing people.even the police are ok.the other month one let me off a 200b fine.the youths out here don't seem to be a problem apart from loud sometimes fast scooters.the crime is more in the city with gangster mentally,drugs and boredom.my security consists of outside lighting from dusk till dawn.dummy cctv around the property and a concreted safe that's well and truely out of sight that never has much in it apart from deeds etc.if we go market I always leave lights and tv on as it's all low wattage and is probably the best form of security.we don't have a dog as the neighbor has and it lets us know if someone is at the gates.security can be very cheap but some people wait until it's too late...keep em peeled. John thaw,police five for those who can remember.
Hmm, I am about two kms outside NWS market along the #210 road towards NBL. You anywhere that direction?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 24, 2017, 7:53 pm

Getting back on topic, is there an increase in property crime in Udon?

Real life stories of your moobhan, village, etc.. Anecdotal stories are also welcome if there's some degree of corroboration. Despite all the fine dining establishments, condominiums, late-model cars and red license plates, the Thai economy is in broad freefall and there's always some blowback when the locals aren't too happy.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » June 24, 2017, 9:08 pm

JR wrote:
June 24, 2017, 7:17 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
March 25, 2017, 8:51 am
Hmm, I am about two kms outside NWS market along the #210 road towards NBL. You anywhere that direction?
no I'm 2km before the turn into NWS.near coffee lovers.why do you ask.have you had some crime down that side?
I've got my security of cams,auto lighting and house opersite yapping dogs that let us know if anyone's out front.if we were robbed I would gladly open the safe for them as I don't want to be shot or stabbed.best not have too much money around and we wil have 4 men live in the grounds next week, which helps.as in most countries living in or around urban areas is where most crime takes place.i see NWS as a sleepy old village where a lot of people know each other.ive still waiting to hear of a crime here.fingers crossed.i love this place and could never see myself on an estate with great walls and razor wire.they look like HMP udon from the outside.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » June 25, 2017, 1:08 pm

no crimes here. I tried to send you a message but it did not work.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”