WTF happening in Udon?

General Udon Thani topics only!
fatbas***d
udonmap.com

WTF happening in Udon?

Post by fatbas***d » February 12, 2011, 8:46 pm

Like most of us I live here because udon has the reputation of a peaceful backwater, where in can have a quiet night out with the family, apparently that's changed.
I heard today that a well regarded by the community, pensioner, was sitting in the IC sipping on his Coke, (the drink not the snorting powder), when he was attacked by a couple of chav toughs, who objected to his polite request to the toughs to tone down their gutter language.
A perfectly reasonable request considering that the Irish Clock is considered a family restaurant and bar.
I am a regular with my wife and daughters at the IC, but no more if there is the possibility of my family being subjected to witnessing bar room brawls.
Would love to hear the proprietors comments and whether he had lodged a complaint to the police after the incident, and the results of his complaint.
The scum who who perpetrated the bashing of the pensioner should be booted from udon and preferably Thailand.

letigger
udonmap.com

Re: WTF happening in Udon?

Post by letigger » February 12, 2011, 9:37 pm

Quite right too !
The new owner has to nip this in the bud quick if he wants to keep the regulars. I for one will not go there if this is going to happen.

The Police should have been called.

More over a few of us should have taken the ***** outside for a good seeing too

corvin1984
udonmap.com

Post by corvin1984 » February 12, 2011, 10:28 pm

im pretty sure Trev will be well pissed off when he hears about this, i take it he wasnt there?

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » February 13, 2011, 1:50 am

I'm really surprised to hear about problems at the clock.It always seems nice and peaceful to me.But that was with steve and his wife.I know she would have ended things rather quickly.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » February 13, 2011, 1:54 am

Before everyone goes off half cocked about previous owners etc why dont we wait a bit and see what Trevor has to say!

easterneye
udonmap.com

Post by easterneye » February 13, 2011, 3:18 am

Who was causing the bad language Thai or farang ??

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » February 13, 2011, 4:29 am

i have notice the change a cople of years ago when fallang alley move to this street and most of pattaya klang started comming to udon.
good luck to the guys comming to udon but keep the idiots in pattaya and if you can not handle your alcohol dont drink.
now days i dont go to this road anymore due to the same incident what has been mentioned in this post.
as every place in thailand it starts of not having to many fallangs going there and then after a cople of years you have the idiots turning up and making a arse of them self and the regulars end up moving to go to a better place.

Krusher
udonmap.com

Post by Krusher » February 13, 2011, 7:44 am

Hello

I do not normally post as I have little to say, however I visited the Irish Clock shortly after the incident with a friend.

It amazes me that people can come out with comments when they have no clue who or what was involved, and from what I heard, first hand, minutes after the incident, the only thing that could have prevented the incident was the aggressor and his minder being euthanised at birth.

Those who do not know the parties involved are in no position to make comments about who should do what and from what I saw, a considerable amount of work and damage limitation was done on the night. The chances of such an incident happening again are I suggest close to zero.

It would be very wrong to turn this into an attack on a business owner, not only because there was nothing he could have done to prevent this, but also because licensed premises do attract the occasional idiot. However the temptation is there.

The victim has not come forward to tell his story, and therefore his privacy should be respected and this thread should die a death. It was a one off, it has been handled, and will not happen again.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 13, 2011, 7:48 am

DermotC is correct in what he has said, wait until Trevor investigates the matter then we will know exactly what went on. These stories seem to grow arms and legs and get all out of proportion. I’m sure the alleged matter will be dealt with.
Problem is where will the louts use as their next watering hole?

corvin1984
udonmap.com

Post by corvin1984 » February 13, 2011, 9:02 am

as i said previously i cant imagine Trev was in any way pleased about this situation, for the life of me i cant see how anyone has turned on him though. you have to remember that this is a PUBLIC forum guys. and anyone who registers has a right to make public their opinions.

im happy to hear that there was some kind of damage control on the night of the incident, however the police should have really been called, if only to fine the guys who caused the problem. i know that there might have been reprocussions for Trev and his business in doing so, but the only way you can teach these guys is by getting them to spend 20k baht on fines every time they ---- about. lets face it £230 for being a ###### is light but if you persist it can quickly raise into the thousands and eventually the police will take a firmer stance with them. sorting it out yourself only fixes the idiots until the next time they have a beer and think they can get away with it becuase calling the police causes more harm than good.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 13, 2011, 9:10 am

When was this alleged incident?

Krusher
udonmap.com

Post by Krusher » February 13, 2011, 9:27 am

corvin1984 wrote:as i said previously i cant imagine Trev was in any way pleased about this situation, for the life of me i cant see how anyone has turned on him though. you have to remember that this is a PUBLIC forum guys. and anyone who registers has a right to make public their opinions.

im happy to hear that there was some kind of damage control on the night of the incident, however the police should have really been called, if only to fine the guys who caused the problem. i know that there might have been reprocussions for Trev and his business in doing so, but the only way you can teach these guys is by getting them to spend 20k baht on fines every time they **** about. lets face it £230 for being a ###### is light but if you persist it can quickly raise into the thousands and eventually the police will take a firmer stance with them. sorting it out yourself only fixes the idiots until the next time they have a beer and think they can get away with it becuase calling the police causes more harm than good.
You are not dealing with ordinary guys, OK. There would not have been any fines, only phone calls and a pissing contest.

People have a right to make an opinion but not when it is ill-informed.

I have tried to advise that this subject be closed as for certain reasons, the true extent of what happened cannot be revealed and therefore there will be nothing but speculation. It would be better for everyone if this thread was closed as it can serve no useful purpose. What happened happened, it has been handled at the appropriate level and is most unlikely to ever happen again.

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » February 13, 2011, 10:38 am

the only way is the reguler good guys and there are enough of us here to have give them a good kicking.

corvin1984
udonmap.com

Post by corvin1984 » February 13, 2011, 11:07 am

i'll reserve my judgment for the time being, see what Trev has to say on the matter.

Krusher
udonmap.com

Post by Krusher » February 13, 2011, 11:42 am

MALC wrote:the only way is the reguler good guys and there are enough of us here to have give them a good kicking.
I have said what I have said for good reasons, please, stop the bravado.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 13, 2011, 3:15 pm

Ah again we have many many people trying to understand what has been going on, people for the irish Clock and people willing to pour scorn on all and sundry including the staff at the Irish Clock.
This is not an isolated incident, there have been for some time groups of fellers visiting udon for all sorts of reasons as in the main they hail from the likes of Pattaya and Phuket to name but two places, they think that the attitude they have there can work here. Well they are sorely mistaken, however as we all know Money talks and they seem to think ( correction thinking is an alien thing to them) so they act as they would in their own haunts.

Hopefully they will go back from whence they come, I have spoken of late to a couple and once they find out that Udon is not like other places they seem to go.
They come here because as we all know 80% of ladies down south come from up North and they wonder why, once they find out they go back down south.

We all know brains alcohol and commonsense do not go together, and in the majority of these cases one of the three is missing normally the brains.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 13, 2011, 4:10 pm

No comment from Trevor yet? it would be nice to know that some action was being taken to ensure the future safety of customers. Was the security guard on hand?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 13, 2011, 4:27 pm

chavs... the lot of 'em!

PS, what's a chav?

bugseda
udonmap.com

Post by bugseda » February 13, 2011, 4:30 pm

Sad situation at IC, for sure.

And Krusher.........welcome to the forum. You sure have some pointed opinions for someone who joined the forum less than 12 hours ago. Or are you hiding behind another screen name for reasons unknown?

Why would you want this thread closed? It seems to me that most of us who live here would rather know what is happening than to put our head in the sand.

Do tell us..(and I am asking respectfully) why-oh-why are you suggesting this thread be closed? Sure, there will be some who will make more of this than is necessary...but never the less the information should be shared and I am sure the owner will inform us what actually happened and what he will do to prevent it in the future. But to close it? :confused:

Kind regards

B.

Krusher
udonmap.com

Post by Krusher » February 13, 2011, 5:43 pm

bugseda wrote:Sad situation at IC, for sure.

And Krusher.........welcome to the forum. You sure have some pointed opinions for someone who joined the forum less than 12 hours ago. Or are you hiding behind another screen name for reasons unknown?

Why would you want this thread closed? It seems to me that most of us who live here would rather know what is happening than to put our head in the sand.

Do tell us..(and I am asking respectfully) why-oh-why are you suggesting this thread be closed? Sure, there will be some who will make more of this than is necessary...but never the less the information should be shared and I am sure the owner will inform us what actually happened and what he will do to prevent it in the future. But to close it? :confused:

Kind regards B.
I have no idea who you are and you deserve no explanation.

You are dealing with things far above your tolerance for ----, trust me, if this goes pear shaped there will be problems. Hopefully as we speak it is being dealt with at a level much higher than you can envisage.

I suggest the thread be closed as it serves no useful purpose. The offenders will not be making the same mistake again.

Sometimes the truth is best kept away from those who do not need to know it. I am not kidding, bullets in the head, burning of family homes, horrible consequences, they are the stakes here.

Your only concern should be that it will not happen again, but prying into the whys and wherefores may not be helpful to you and your family's health because the people involved are worse than your worse nightmare and the people they know are the things of horror.

I have continually, over the past 4 posts tried to get this through to people, it is over, it doesn't concern you, it is being dealt with and the least you know the better, kao jai mai?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”