Restore your youth - 1700 Baht per bottle

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 6, 2011, 9:21 pm

While in the big Fuji print shop across the street from the police station, I picked up a leaflet advertising Patagonian Maqui Juice, through the bHIP Global network. The leaflet has lots of hype words like "antioxidants" "free radicals" "superfruit" but also notes that the juice is actually a blend of marqui berry juice, aloe vera juice, blueberry juice, and ionic sea salt (I guess as compared to bionic sea salt??).

My wife and I are big fans of the fruit of the Antidesma thwaitesianum tree in Thailand (มะเม่า). Thais use the fruit to make wine....but we use it for plain old juice. The fruit isn't internationally well-known for its antioxidant levels, but it ranks right up there with "superfruits".

So here's a comparison of cost:
You can make a bottle of PURE มะเม่า juice for about 100 baht worth of fruit (or grown your own for free).
or
You can buy a bottle of Marqui Berry Juice (blend!) for 1750 Baht per bottle.

I googled bHIP for grins........it ranks right up there with the leaders in pyramid network marketing.
Not that anyone would plunk down 1750 Baht for a bottle of youth-renewal juice, but just in case: Buyer beware!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 6, 2011, 10:31 pm

The Thais are real suckers for "snake oil" sales schemes. They have their fair share of pyramid marketing schemes over a wide range of products. They seem to prey on naive people who will believe every ludicrous claim on the label without looking for any research or clinical trials to back up their down right criminal statements on their labeling and brochures. I asked my Thai wife how in the world the average Thai, who makes 6-8000 baht a month could possibly afford to get on a regimen of "snake oil" capsules that cost them 1000 every month, and she says that if they think it will work they will somehow find the money to buy it...proof or no proof that they actually work. All it takes is one statement or picture of another corrupt moviestar, and that's all the proof they need. Poor gullible folks here in the LOS (Land of Schemes).

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » May 7, 2011, 8:30 am

Within the same sort of area comes the jaw dropper that is shin whiteing cream , been around for years in Thailand and i know some (men and women ) who spend thousands of baht on the different makes and potions , very expensive product and does it really work?? if so i have noticed it can leave the skin unaturaly coloured and blotchy , i still find it hard to get my heed around just why some already beautiful young women want to use it and even plastic surgery , ive seen a stunner mid twenties change her nose , chin and make massive fake titties and now after spending al that cash looks worse and a bit freakish .

My missus was reading a brochure on plstic surgery the other day , i said darling you dont need PS i love you just the way you are (thinking of the potential cash draining opps) ..... her reply IM LOOKING AT THE MALE OPTIONS FOR YOU TO HAVE IT !!

mash ......... all the mirrors are cracked in r hoose

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » May 7, 2011, 8:35 am

^ :lol: :lol:

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » May 7, 2011, 2:01 pm

My wife and I are big fans of the fruit of the Antidesma thwaitesianum tree in Thailand (มะเม่า). Thais use the fruit to make wine....but we use it for plain old juice. The fruit isn't internationally well-known for its antioxidant levels, but it ranks right up there with "superfruits".
Is the fruit for sale in the local markets, or is it mainly a home-grown fruit?

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » May 7, 2011, 2:30 pm

Is this a bottle of juice from this Antidesma thwaitesianum fruit?

wiking
udonmap.com

Post by wiking » May 7, 2011, 3:53 pm

Is it not one off all these multi level marketing, which coming to udon

the smart people take the money form the stupid poor people

because they tell lie as dream - but some people believe them, because brain stop working, if the smart people tell them how to win 1 million

in many country are they forbidden, but not here

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 7, 2011, 7:12 pm

[quote="jorg"]Is this a bottle of juice from this Antidesma thwaitesianum fruit?

[img]http://cdn.learners.in.th/assets/media/ ... 731597.jpg[/img][/quote]

That's the stuff. Not commonly available in city markets, but you'll find the fruit, June/July, in jungle markets. We prefer to make our own juice....100%, bottled, then frozen. The fruit has an earthy taste.....not like anything you'd get in the US. It goes very well with: a slice of butter/pound cake, several tablespoons of pure juice, and topped with a splash of rum.

As for poor people buying the stuff here, I think it's more likely the people who have way too much money......same ones buying Amway instant coffee at 300 baht a tin......because it says Amway on the can.

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » May 8, 2011, 1:01 am

Next time when i'm in Thailand, i'll have a look for it, hope i can find it as easily as a picture from it on the net ;-). Just curious about the taste, for 35 baht you can't go wrong.

My GF also buys stuff like this, medical water, coffee to get slim etc. She believes it works, of course i don't. I also don't understand why Thai people are willing to pay the equivalent of 1 or 2 weeks working for this stuff, but it looks like it is big business in Thailand...

captain gon
udonmap.com

Post by captain gon » May 8, 2011, 11:26 am

1.700 baht will buy me this anti ageing elixir. A couple of cups of good coffee, a fifth of this honey dew, and I feel young again. :D
Attachments
Courvoisier-Exclusif-Cognac-lg_jpg.jpg
Courvoisier-Exclusif-Cognac-lg_jpg.jpg (46.43 KiB) Viewed 1483 times

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”