Why Thailand expats are grumpy

General Udon Thani topics only!
Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » May 17, 2011, 8:02 pm

merchant seaman wrote:seems all the grumpy expats are here on udon map. get a life please!
It's got to be the weather!!

NOLA
udonmap.com

Post by NOLA » May 17, 2011, 8:21 pm

Hell no...it ain't the weather for me...it's dealing with the "rules" at immigration.

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » May 17, 2011, 8:47 pm

Nola please tell us about it!

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » May 17, 2011, 10:06 pm

I will be in Udon next week for 2 months Dermot do you class me as sock sandal Muppet.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 18, 2011, 6:49 am

It is amazing that in general most of us do acknowledge that oft times some of us have bad days but in the main we are basically a friendly bunch and we do enjoy exchanging pleasantries whenever we are out and about.
I also think that shyness in the language department, has a lot to do with it. lack of English can make non-english speakers wary of entering into a conversation but that is normal right across Europe not just here in Thailand.

For those that commented upon my behalf may i thank you, I no longer receive posts or even PM's from a certain person due to his constant personal attacks on seemingly innocuous posts for his own self worth , the comments are based on a warped mind with intention of causing strife , stress and mayhem in our lives . The person has a issues, which I have no wish to listen to at all.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » May 18, 2011, 7:39 am

Well i had an early night last neet , slept like a baby - so woke up early today and i feel great , so happy i could well give lots of things away free today in the shop , no grumpyness here i even found my self whistling the national anthem (Thai one) ........... makes up for yesterday cos i was in a stinker of a mood pissed of the missus and kicked the dog next door.

Im now going to hum the British anthem (cant spell hyme) ........ all hail the great redeamer then watch my royal wedding box set AGAIN.

I hope today theres less nastiness and more love humour and harmony on UM .

Mash

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » May 18, 2011, 10:05 am

I hope today theres less nastiness and more love humour and harmony on UM .
=D> =D> =D>

Well said Mash even on your grumpy days I enjoy your humour on here, can you list what your giving away free might save me a trip in the rain.. :-"

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » May 18, 2011, 10:14 am

Items too numerous to mention Tafia , btw my wedding box set is most definately not on it.

Saboo
udonmap.com

Post by Saboo » May 18, 2011, 10:34 am

One more observation of unhappiness in the Thailand expat… have you ever heard or said yourself… it used to be better 10 -5 -3 years ago (or however long you have been here or the person who is telling you has being here)… I often hear that and…. “too many falangs now… too many bars…” People seem to impress on each other how long they have been here … the longer they have been here the more they think they have rights over the other person… my opinion is no matter how long they have been here.. they have the same right to be here as I do… I have never heard it said there are too little falangs here… or I wish there were more bars….!

B.T.W. Mash... all this free stuff has northing to do with the power cut last night has it... freezer not defrosted has it... =P~

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » May 18, 2011, 11:55 am

[quote="Saboo"]… I have never heard it said there are too little falangs here… or I wish there were more bars….!

Never heard aneryone say this because there are too many bars here

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 18, 2011, 12:48 pm

Maybe it's a matter of the people/places you're hanging around. For me and most people I know, our usual mantra is 'it doesn't get any better than this.' It may be a stretch, but most people I know are very happy to be here, happily married (most for 10+ years), and have little to complain about. Yeah, there's an occasional complaint, but I've yet to know anyone packing their bags or even close to considering it.
Maybe you need a change of venue.

Saboo
udonmap.com

Post by Saboo » May 18, 2011, 12:57 pm

merchant seaman wrote:
Saboo wrote:… I have never heard it said there are too little falangs here… or I wish there were more bars….!

Never heard aneryone say this because there are too many bars here
Thankyou for your comment... Would you like to see less bars here now then...?

Saboo
udonmap.com

Post by Saboo » May 18, 2011, 1:03 pm

parrot wrote:Maybe it's a matter of the people/places you're hanging around. For me and most people I know, our usual mantra is 'it doesn't get any better than this.' It may be a stretch, but most people I know are very happy to be here, happily married (most for 10+ years), and have little to complain about. Yeah, there's an occasional complaint, but I've yet to know anyone packing their bags or even close to considering it.

Yes reading your posts you don't seem to complain unlike some on here... a change of venue...? sounds great...! are you up for a spot of baby sitting then...?

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » May 18, 2011, 1:43 pm

pienmash wrote:Well i had an early night last neet , slept like a baby -
Mash
What! So you woke up every 4 hours screaming for a teat to suck on?

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 18, 2011, 1:55 pm

Saboo wrote:
parrot wrote:Maybe it's a matter of the people/places you're hanging around. For me and most people I know, our usual mantra is 'it doesn't get any better than this.' It may be a stretch, but most people I know are very happy to be here, happily married (most for 10+ years), and have little to complain about. Yeah, there's an occasional complaint, but I've yet to know anyone packing their bags or even close to considering it.

Yes reading your posts you don't seem to complain unlike some on here... a change of venue...? sounds great...! are you up for a spot of baby sitting then...?
I fall in that this is the best thing that could have happened for me. I get grouchy when I get bored. Past year has kept me busy most of the time with stocks. Had one week where I was bored out of my mind Song Kran I have had enough of the water fights. So pretty much stay home. Out on the little bike guy from Bangkok decided to run over the wife and I on the little bike/ Guess that is OK in Bangkok, you guys might remember I wanted to choke him. That's not a grouchy mode that's a major pissed off. I believe it's happened twice since I have been here. But, since I don't post as much as I used to guys assumed that was all I was about. So things can be misleading.

As Saboo points out the real key is a change of pace. In my case a ride on the bike does the trick.

But once you have the Tee Shirt you have to dig a little harder to keep active. Of course you can always go act single, until the wife finds out and feeds the duck :shock: Then you really will have something to complain about.

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » May 18, 2011, 2:03 pm

pienmash wrote:Items too numerous to mention Tafia , btw my wedding box set is most definately not on it.
what about the wedding box you are making up for your matey, kenny ,
shame to waste those defrosted pies . :D

p.s what colour preggy dress is the darling wear ring :-k
probably same colour as ken,s favourite football team
i am just an old fashioned romantic gitt . ;)

moan of the day , on UDON MASSACRE
there are too many bars , that will soon be memories . [-o<

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 18, 2011, 2:04 pm

A grumpy old man will be a grumpy old man wherever he lives. Maybe UM gets more of it's fair share of them which wrongly gives the impression that the majority of expats in Thailand are grumpy.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » May 18, 2011, 2:16 pm

ronan01 wrote:
pienmash wrote:Well i had an early night last neet , slept like a baby -
Mash
What! So you woke up every 4 hours screaming for a teat to suck on?
I am partial to a little suck on teat now n then mr Keating , my meaning was i slept well ,,,,,, and i even woke up to go to the toilet as well - the alternative is not nice when the lids open sir.

No power cut here last night this is the posh part of town !! so solly no cheapo defrosted pies haha . Kenny boys favourite footy team being Sarfend Utd ,,,,, thats sadder than being a Scunny fan .

No grumpyness in CC thaday well only our lass and shes not spoke to me for 2days ,,,,, just the way i like it .

mash.

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » May 18, 2011, 2:21 pm

Who cares how many bars are here; I certainly don't. There are a lot of rice fields here; I only walk in the ones I choose.

For property controllers (like myself) more falangs mean more possible buyers should I decide to sell. So, I like more falangs coming to Udon; I choose the ones I associate with.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » May 18, 2011, 2:48 pm

I have a theory that the grumpy ones are the ones who don't wear socks with their sandals. Their feet sweat and the sandals get all moldy and rotten and they end up with athlete's foot and all kinds of fungi, not to mention insect bites and scraped toes and ankles. Hey, anybody whose feet hurt all the time is going to be grumpy. :D

Seriously I have to agree with parrot and others. I have only met grumpy sad sacks on the forums and at the get togethers with other forum members. Most farang that I know think this is paradise or close to it and are very happily settled in with their family. I fall into that category. I've only been married three years and don't see it changing.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”