Yellow House Books

General Udon Thani topics only!
Prenders88
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Prenders88 » April 9, 2014, 10:21 am

Is Bigsnake and Semper Fi Guy the same person?

Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by semperfiguy » April 9, 2014, 6:29 pm

Prenders88 wrote:Is Bigsnake and Semper Fi Guy the same person?
Nope...Galee got it wrong. Bigsnake didn't say "thanks, some good tips there"! I did!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

stockbrokers

Yellow House Books

Post by stockbrokers » September 4, 2014, 3:03 am

Mine was easy to get with one 1 hour visit to the amphur. cost was approx 200 baht ??? Cost me more for the extra larger pictures required. Thanks,

What your stock broker doesn't want you to see!
http://EasyPcInvestor.com

stockbrokers

Yellow House Books

Post by stockbrokers » September 4, 2014, 3:13 am

If you are over 70 your UK driving license is forfeit. 
You will receive annual requests from the Pension office to get a doctor certified letter to state you are indeed still alive.Your address on the yellow book has to be recorded with your embassy for future reference.

What your stock broker doesn't want you to see!
http://EasyPcInvestor.com

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Khun Paul » September 4, 2014, 10:39 am

Only if you are in receipt of a State only pension, according to my pension provider I am good until at least 80 they then may well ask the question are you alive.
As for the Yellow, book it means nothing, just that you live at a particular address, it does NOT mean you are alive , only Proof of living signed by an independent verified person is acceptable or speaking to your pension provider answering specified questions that only you should know.
Yellow book is as much use as a chocolate cup-cake fro proving life still exists. The loss of a UK driving licence just means you cannot drive legally, it does not mean you are dead. .....YET

marklv
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by marklv » September 4, 2014, 9:21 pm

Prenders88 wrote:Thai ID number on the Driving Licence so your family are quickly tracked down if you have a fatal traffic accident.
No skin tax applied for entrance to National Parks.
Can get a credit card.
Adding to the list: You can drive your Thai automobile, registered to your name, to Laos. (You must bring your original Yellow Book with you. A copy won't do.) I don't believe you can do this without a Yellow Book, but I'm certain that if you can, it would be such a hassle as to be not worth doing.

Regarding "Thai ID number on the Driving License": I tried to transfer the ID number from my Yellow Book to my 5 year license earlier this year, at the AEK Udon transportation office, but was told that I couldn't. It had to be my passport number only. Rules aren't always interpreted the same way everywhere, so maybe someone has succeed in doing this at a different office or on a different day. Has anyone been able to transfer their ID number? If so, how, when, and where?

rick
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by rick » September 5, 2014, 9:26 pm

I got my wife to enquire about a yellow book at the Udon Amphur. They told her it would require a bribe to the girl issuing the book and another to her boss ....... C****. So i will not be applying anytime soon.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by papaguido » September 6, 2014, 5:58 am

marklv wrote: Regarding "Thai ID number on the Driving License": I tried to transfer the ID number from my Yellow Book to my 5 year license earlier this year, at the AEK Udon transportation office, but was told that I couldn't. It had to be my passport number only. Rules aren't always interpreted the same way everywhere, so maybe someone has succeed in doing this at a different office or on a different day. Has anyone been able to transfer their ID number? If so, how, when, and where?
My first 5yr license contained my yellow book ID number, then when I went to renew my license it was replaced with my passport number. Never gave it much thought and don't really understand what difference it makes.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Khun Paul » September 6, 2014, 6:08 am

I got my wife to enquire about a yellow book at the Udon Amphur. They told her it would require a bribe to the girl issuing the book and another to her boss ....... C****. So i will not be applying anytime soon.
In fact the Amphur has a duty to issue a yellow book if the House-holder wishes it issued, the cost is minimal and it is part of the service the Service the Amhur is legally bound to do.
maybe your deear lady should speak to the main man not the erk. it rtequires a photoi or two and her details lus of course showing ID cards and Blue book, as the yellow book issued off the blue book.
I did mine some 11 years ago charge was then 250 baht. and about 3 hours of my time.

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Nong Bua Dave » September 6, 2014, 10:05 am

I had one when we lived in Bangkok and now we've moved up to Udon, we just went to the Amphur office and it was issued immediately. No asking for any "bribes" or even a legal fee.

marklv
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by marklv » September 6, 2014, 10:37 pm

papaguido wrote:
marklv wrote: Regarding "Thai ID number on the Driving License": I tried to transfer the ID number from my Yellow Book to my 5 year license earlier this year, at the AEK Udon transportation office, but was told that I couldn't. It had to be my passport number only. Rules aren't always interpreted the same way everywhere, so maybe someone has succeed in doing this at a different office or on a different day. Has anyone been able to transfer their ID number? If so, how, when, and where?
My first 5yr license contained my yellow book ID number, then when I went to renew my license it was replaced with my passport number. Never gave it much thought and don't really understand what difference it makes.
I discovered one difference when I tried to get a Big C member card on two occasions, but was turned down both times. Customer service accepted my paperwork each time, with a photocopy of my license, but found out a few days later that the membership card was invalid because a supervisor rejected the the application due to the wrong number of characters on my license. This has only happened at Big C. I don't know whether this is Big C policy or whether the supervisor was retarded.

I'm guessing that it's generally better to have your Yellow Book number on your license rather than your passport number.

samuel
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by samuel » October 27, 2014, 11:53 am

rick wrote:I got my wife to enquire about a yellow book at the Udon Amphur. They told her it would require a bribe to the girl issuing the book and another to her boss ....... C****. So i will not be applying anytime soon.
I applied on november 6, 2013 and got my YHB on november 18, 2013. I applied by the time when this YHB was the basic requirement for applying for the so called "healt insurance for foreigners", which indeed was lateron never really established in udon thani.
  • so you might guess it right - i paid a "xxxx" and got the YHB.
  • and so you might guess it right again - these two ladies you mentioned must have had the time of their life since many farangs wanted to be part of the health insurance scheme.
the moral from my experience? I paid a "xxxx" for almost nothing > no health insurance established.
but - the YHB can be used as a substitute to the "residence certificate" from the immigration for various occasions.

small consolation....
:(

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by FrazeeDK » October 27, 2014, 12:31 pm

there's no "free lunch" ever...
Dave

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by semperfiguy » October 27, 2014, 1:37 pm

I just asked my wife if Thailand has an official "whistleblower" website where the public can report instances of corruption. We found it here, but the one reporting is required to give full details about himself/herself, so it is not anonymous. What a bunch of idiots! What person in their right mind would give out that kind of information and risk retribution?

http://www.pacc.go.th/pacc_website/index.php/home
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by FrazeeDK » October 27, 2014, 1:47 pm

I'd bet that the person accused of corruption would know with 24 hours after you reported it.. Funny, I didn't see an English language tab on the site.... Thank God we Farang are never victims of corruption and wouldn't need to report it!
Dave

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House Books

Post by JoeThrows » October 27, 2014, 1:57 pm

rick wrote:I got my wife to enquire about a yellow book at the Udon Amphur. They told her it would require a bribe to the girl issuing the book and another to her boss ....... C****. So i will not be applying anytime soon.
When my wife and I registered our marriage at the amphur, the only question they asked me was do I want a yellow book. Only a few baht for processing, pretty straight forward and certainly no tea money involved

rods1201
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by rods1201 » January 13, 2015, 9:21 am

Hi! I have just received my yellow book yesterday and what I had to do seemed pretty straight forward. A copy of the landlords bluebook and I.D. (plus a visit to the amphur a bit later) A copy of a witnesses blue book and I.D. (plus a visit to the amphur a bit later). Four photos (none in the book) A letter from my thai teacher verifying my situation, copy of the lease on the house, a few visits to the amphur, and low and behold now I have a yellow book, No fees, but I did give them some lunch money. I am going to go to the Udon Hospital soon and see how I go about health care.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by rickfarang » January 13, 2015, 11:01 am

Please post your experience at Udon Hospital.

rods1201
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by rods1201 » February 19, 2015, 8:30 am

Went to the hospital yesterday, they said that I could not join because I was not a thai citizen (with yellow book in tow)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by FrazeeDK » February 19, 2015, 8:37 am

that was all a bureaucratic cockup from the start. Some Farang were initially allowed to get free hospital care by showing their yellow books. A few months later the hospital authorities wised up and stopped it..
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”