Heads Up @ Central Mall

General Udon Thani topics only!
papaguido
udonmap.com

Heads Up @ Central Mall

Post by papaguido » April 5, 2013, 9:20 am

This year military conscription will take place at Central mall on the 4th floor from the the 5-11April, 08:00-16:00. They're expecting 2000 candidates a day.

I imagine parking is probably going to be an issue.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Heads Up @ Central Mall

Post by semperfiguy » April 5, 2013, 9:55 am

Yesterday our family attended the military induction exercise in Ban Phu. It was truly a three ring circus with all the girlfriends and family members looking on to see if their darling young male heroes would be herded off to boot camp and perhaps eventually be sent down south to fight the Muslim insurgents. Maybe one in 100 guys raised his hand to volunteer rather than stick his hand in the bucket for the 50/50 gamble at being inducted or forever exempted from military service. The volunteers were cheered on by the crowds while the other prospective inductees sat on the concrete pad and nervously awaited their fate. All the ladyboys seemed to take center stage. They all came decked out in their best dresses and high heeled shoes and put on their best female act for the audience. I never could figure out if they were automatically disqualified from active service or if they were somehow examined separately. Anyway, all in all a very entertaining half day in Ban Phu and a far cry from my induction service into the US Marine Corps back in 1968. My my how times have changed!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Heads Up @ Central Mall

Post by papaguido » April 5, 2013, 11:15 am

My wife's friend son went though the process last year and was able relate some of it. Ladyboys are medically disqualified and still require a medical exam. No idea how they determine a "real" LB from one pretending to avoid the lottery.

Also, if having a minor disability or heath issue inductees may be placed in less physically demanding occupation.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Heads Up @ Central Mall

Post by papaguido » April 5, 2013, 11:26 am

dill
udonmap.com

Heads Up @ Central Mall

Post by dill » April 5, 2013, 8:48 pm

Was wandering why it took me a long time to get a parking in the parking lot.

tamada
udonmap.com

Heads Up @ Central Mall

Post by tamada » April 5, 2013, 9:27 pm

Even parking at Big-C this afternoon was challenging, it seemed like the weekend crowd had arrived a day early. I guess they are all looking for a shady place to park!

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Heads Up @ Central Mall

Post by pienmash » April 5, 2013, 9:34 pm

During the school hols and the current heatwave its common for truck loads of "village people" wandering around the shopping malls ,,,, i presume for the AC ... not to splash a wad .... im still to see any of them form a line and do ....

its fun to satay at the YMCA ....

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”