Things I HATE about SONGKRAN

General Udon Thani topics only!
pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » April 14, 2014, 11:15 am

At least they cannot hear the bloomin hiphop music blaring out,started again 9am this morning outside my housing estate :shock: 8)

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 14, 2014, 11:18 am

I laughed last night the wife went with friends for the water fight, came home early, why it was raining. I'm think wgat the difference a bucket of water or rain wet is wet :lol: :lol:
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2014, 11:28 am

bumper wrote:I laughed last night the wife went with friends for the water fight, came home early, why it was raining. I'm think wgat the difference a bucket of water or rain wet is wet :lol: :lol:
Thats one that got me Ray ... many revelers seemed to go home early and festivities at Nong Sim died a early evening earlier than previous years , i braved a trip to put the rubbish out and asked the lady next door she said the same as your missus ... oh raining so finit early !!... TIT

The music has just cranked up ... and the Nong Sim lake water is flowing , the folks that wish to get in the mix seem to be having a ball , nice to see them enjoying themselves and like it or loathe it it is only 3 days of inconvinience at the worst .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » April 14, 2014, 11:33 am

Having to buy a bigger karaoke system every year to drown out my neighbors!
Every day I wake up is a good day.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » April 14, 2014, 11:37 am

"it is only 3 days of inconvenience at the worst ."....
But .....You Must!! enjoy!
They love play so you must too!
Mai mee tahng !

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2014, 11:53 am

mortiboy wrote:"it is only 3 days of inconvenience at the worst ."....
But .....You Must!! enjoy!
They love play so you must too!
I just plan around it and glide under the radar Morti , my missus and her family "play" for an hour each day maybe and when asked to join in and ENJOY i simply reply no thanks but you go n enjoy yourself love .. a peck on the cheek and a you look lovely today teelak and alls hunky dory .... leaving me n Bisto mi dog to watch the tv in peace n solitude AND DRYNESS .

Its only 3 days as stated ... and the folks who want to get involved really do enjoy it which is nice , those who choose to abstain should be allowed to do so without risk of being black balled or tortured to ENJOY sorry ENDURE it .

DM

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 14, 2014, 4:28 pm

I really loved the first Songkran I had in Thailand. I think you'd be a bit of a killjoy not to like the first one although I can understand the old hands being thoroughly sick of it. I was before I ceased living in Thailand.

Yesterday I saw a whole lot of photos of my 7 year old step grandson with a big water-gun (for a 7 year old) in the front yard having fun and then later on the back of a pick up. I reckon he had a fantastic day. So while many of us might hate it, it's awesome fun for more than a few. Looking at the photos I wished I was there!
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » April 14, 2014, 5:44 pm

I find nothing wrong with songran.
But to involve motorist on streets is not on.
Today some stupid idiot stood in front of my car for me to stop
I didnt! H e soon ducked back.
Keep playing with water within family and friends.
Not on the streets for Gods sake!
Mai mee tahng !

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Things I LOVE about SONGKRAN

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2014, 8:19 pm

Three lazy days of relative peace , a lay in (makes a change) no business appointments / deliveries (DONT MIND DROP IN CUSTOMERS THO ) , solitude as Dao goes off with the family ...just me and Bisto and we take it in turns to what we want on the telly , i like horror movies , sport and current affairs he goes for cartoons , Nat Geo Wild and cooking programs tho our joint favourite tv lady is the stunning Lauren Simmonetti off Fox channel , the little buggar usually hits the pause button when she comes on =D> ... a time to bond in dryness unless its a licking frenzy or as im the youngster here my next door neighbors ask me to go to 7/11 AGAIN for them !! :^o ..... gotta take care of the oldtimers !! :shock:

DM

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 14, 2014, 9:38 pm

If it's not in your neighborhood this year, it probably will be in the next year or two.........foam. Looks like it was all the rage in a variety of Thai cities this year.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 15, 2014, 3:12 am

Is it safe to come out yet? :shock:

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 15, 2014, 1:22 pm

So far quite enjoyable - was coerced into going out yesterday on the pickup truck with my 2 year old daughter in the back - she enjoyed it, didn't cry and learned how to throw water. i don't like the icewater, but wasn't so much this year and no ice cubes. powder? got powdered by at least 5 people but they were careful to avoid eyes.

I don't like the traffic jams, but these can be avoided. Also the drunks killing themselves as if locals i have to pay towards their funerals - 3 so far.

If you do not like it, stick to driving a car, avoid the afternoons and keep away from the busy fighting spots - most of these are obvious or well known. But as said, parts of town were quiet in the morning. if you must go out, drive slowly - we really don't have any excuse for rushing.

The biggest idiot i saw last year was a farang who was driving his motorbike at high speed down Adulayet road past all the revellers - he passed at least twice and didn't look happy - why he was trying to negotiate such a road in the afternoon in the middle of the celebration i don't know, but trying to kill the participants isn't very clever.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » April 16, 2014, 1:08 am

Finished for another year =D> hopefully the overcast conditions and rain today put a dampener on the wild celebrations,saw some farang virgin songkran participants today on back of pickups,gotta start sometime :D
Everyone back to work 16th excellent :D

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 16, 2014, 6:54 am

Picked up my son and his girlfriend on Monday to go out and the first thing he said was to lock the doors from the inside because he told me he got stuck in traffic the day before and some local ****** tried to open the door whilst holding a small bucket of water so I can imagine what his intentions were, and I've heard of this happening before.

Also on Saturday - nearly home where a load of local adults were sitting at a shop bevvying with kids outside on the road with a large container of water, soaking everthing that passed, including me on my ped. One kid about three years old was almost taken out as she walked right in front of me. Luckily being a foreigner I was driving to the conditions, otherwise there may have been another statistic to the annual carnage.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 16, 2014, 7:36 am

socksy wrote:Picked up my son and his girlfriend on Monday to go out and the first thing he said was to lock the doors from the inside because he told me he got stuck in traffic the day before and some local ****** tried to open the door whilst holding a small bucket of water so I can imagine what his intentions were, and I've heard of this happening before.

Also on Saturday - nearly home where a load of local adults were sitting at a shop bevvying with kids outside on the road with a large container of water, soaking everthing that passed, including me on my ped. One kid about three years old was almost taken out as she walked right in front of me. Luckily being a foreigner I was driving to the conditions, otherwise there may have been another statistic to the annual carnage.
That is the one that scares me the most, the kids in the street.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”