Curfew

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Curfew

Post by vincemunday » April 3, 2020, 2:34 pm

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 3, 2020, 3:06 pm

So we have 1 week to stock up before the hammer falls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUCRjB1OUF0

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 3, 2020, 3:33 pm

Curfew or Lock down as in the UK ..??????

Im in contact with my daughter daily and shes been in lock down and working from home for 2 weeks now .. 30 mins exercise per day and a weekly shopping trip are allowed im wondering if it will be the same here if it goes the wrong way over the next 7 days.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 3, 2020, 4:28 pm

Mak for some reason you link to Video dont work

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 3, 2020, 5:15 pm

will be lockdown
people will have to be able to shop for food and medicine

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 3, 2020, 5:30 pm

Have to say, we needed to go into Nong Han today for some meds. Virtually every business from Nong Mek up to Nong Han was open as usual and it just seemed like a normal non Covid-19 day in Nong Han itself with streets crowded with shoppers. Not sure if the people would accept a 24 hour curfew given the reported cases and deaths throughout Thailand are less than those in Scotland, a Country the size of around 10% of the Thai population.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 3, 2020, 6:58 pm

Should make it interesting at Udon Immo.

Will the back office have a special exemption?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 3, 2020, 10:25 pm

Just as info

Police / Army ? have set up a check point on the Ring Rd / airport intersection at the corner of the Tap car park .. and are pulling over curfew violators as of now . Just a single pick up with the first lane of the ring road closed with lit bollards.

A few being pulled , cars trucks n motorbikes some trying to do a quik Uee n go back the wrong way.. obviously they didnt get the memo or they are just idiots.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 4, 2020, 5:08 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 3, 2020, 10:25 pm
Just as info

Police / Army ? have set up a check point on the Ring Rd / airport intersection at the corner of the Tap car park .. and are pulling over curfew violators as of now . Just a single pick up with the first lane of the ring road closed with lit bollards.

A few being pulled , cars trucks n motorbikes some trying to do a quik Uee n go back the wrong way.. obviously they didnt get the memo or they are just idiots.

DM

Nah probably Deaf and unable to read . A quick WAI and all is forgiven

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 4, 2020, 6:27 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 4, 2020, 5:08 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 3, 2020, 10:25 pm
Just as info

DM

Nah probably Deaf and unable to read . A quick WAI and all is forgiven
From what i witnessed last night violators were pulled and those who were excempt given a bollocking and told to go home ..didnt see anyone carted off to the police station tho i note at 5am during my morning coffee a couple of vehicles parked up in the car park so maybe japped a coupe of road warriors middle of the night.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » April 4, 2020, 6:45 am

the last time I was on " Curfew " they gave me a very fashionable " ankle bracelet " to go with it … lol

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 4, 2020, 8:22 am

The local un-policed Sois, were busy near me up until about mid-night, then it died down as usual This is where the locals trundle around on unlit unpoliced sois normally

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 4, 2020, 8:32 am

HERE YOU GO .. cant make it any simpler than this.

Imageuploading pics

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 4, 2020, 9:05 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 4, 2020, 8:22 am
The local un-policed Sois, were busy near me up until about mid-night, then it died down as usual This is where the locals trundle around on unlit unpoliced sois normally
So the few observations from your window on the first night of the curfew and it's all going to be another dismal failure in KP's fat book of empirical Thai notions?

Consider it a work in progress. There's enough cctv in this city for the oh-so-clever, back-road checkpoint dodgers to eventually get caught.

In the meantime, Carry On Curtain Twitching.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 4, 2020, 10:20 am

No no no , not curtain twitching at all, the sound from the illegal exhausts, loudly revving motorbikes and the chit chat is enough to tell me that their out and about disregarding all rules, laws and all that as they normally do, my headman is as much good as an ice cream salesman in the middle of the Antartic .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 4, 2020, 11:01 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 4, 2020, 10:20 am
No no no , not curtain twitching at all, the sound from the illegal exhausts, loudly revving motorbikes and the chit chat is enough to tell me that their out and about disregarding all rules, laws and all that as they normally do, my headman is as much good as an ice cream salesman in the middle of the Antartic .
I know where you're coming from KP. Our old puyai bahn was old school and we were all saddened by his passing. He even cured tam jr's finger warts! Then we had this nominal one who was like some Westminster MP's in that she didn't live anywhere near us and would swan in and out on her own schedule and bugger all got done. The new one seem a bit more on the ball.

WRT the noisy motorbikes, have you asked what your moobahn allows with regard to speed bumps? Our street is reasonably quiet but it's always the short-cutters that blast up and down imperiling dogs and kids (and themselves). I discussed the issue with my neighbor across the street, a decent local who works in car sales as we both have to inch out onto the narrow soi and invariably a bike with a helmetless twunt on a smartphone will 'beeeeeep' their way through the gap! I bought a couple of those half-round parabolic mirrors and now he uses the one on my fence to better see what's coming and vice versa (our gates aren't opposite each other). Anyway, our next investment will be those large black and yellow composite rubber speed bumps bolted into the pavement. Two lines of them about 20' apart so that neither of us get the blast as the 2-wheel dipshits drop their wrists and race away.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 4, 2020, 7:41 pm

Looks like they have purposely given two nights grace but "without exception", tough words

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/roya ... nal-curfew
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 4, 2020, 7:54 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 4, 2020, 7:41 pm
Looks like they have purposely given two nights grace but "without exception", tough words

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/roya ... nal-curfew

Have no doubt, this will be an exception:
gettyimages-1093749902-1024x1024.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 4, 2020, 8:21 pm

The curfew check point guys have dropped off some extra bollards out front in the Tap car park .. maybe a bit more stringent tonight .. and the Udon road warriors n curfew chancers take heed .. last night was a softly softly approach but hopefully they will crack the whip from now on .

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 4, 2020, 9:06 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 4, 2020, 8:21 pm
The curfew check point guys have dropped off some extra bollards out front in the Tap car park .. maybe a bit more stringent tonight .. and the Udon road warriors n curfew chancers take heed .. last night was a softly softly approach but hopefully they will crack the whip from now on .

DM
Or, it could be just another load of bollards.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”