Thailand's dog trade.

General Udon Thani topics only!
fatbob
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by fatbob » October 21, 2014, 7:23 am

A link below from 'Soi Dog', a cruel and brutal activity for 'Budhists' to be involved in, I think there Karma may be tarnished somewhat, lets hope they come back as a dog.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luSggyBy ... e=youtu.be

Arosolius
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by Arosolius » October 21, 2014, 8:44 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edUak-6J7Gk

Thank you for posting this Coxo. I've been following this cruel trade on Internet for years. Here's-unfortunately-a much harder hitting documentary on the same subject but without the famous people.
In it you can see dogs being beaten senseless and immersed in boiling water etc. etc.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by mortiboy » October 21, 2014, 2:20 pm

OMG! Thats awful. How can a human being be so heartless and cruel.
Poor wretches. The Video make me sick Oh! oh! so sad!
Wish I could get one of those long tong tools and grab the evil bstards round the neck
Haul him around Like they do to dogs. Sick!
Mai mee tahng !

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by BossHogg69 » October 21, 2014, 2:40 pm

Sorry but this is thailand and how do you think pigs and cattle are slaughtered here? and in the rest of asia

fatbob
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by fatbob » October 21, 2014, 3:20 pm

BossHogg69 wrote: by BossHogg69 » October 21, 2014, 2:40 pm

Sorry but this is thailand and how do you think pigs and cattle are slaughtered here? and in the rest of asia

So that means its ok then, lets put our heads back in a bucket of sand, we won't change anything then and will remain uneducated for ever.

Arosolius
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by Arosolius » October 21, 2014, 3:35 pm

But if an animal is suffering every minute of its wretched, blind paralyzed life (as is a dog that lives opposite my house that shrieks it's head off constantly) it can't be put down in order to put it out of its misery.

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by BossHogg69 » October 21, 2014, 3:45 pm

coxo wrote:

So that means its ok then, lets put our heads back in a bucket of sand, we won't change anything then and will remain uneducated for ever.
Corect you are wasting your time.r

samuel
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by samuel » October 21, 2014, 3:53 pm

take notice of another actual thread on the same subject > internal link.
  • maybe the forum-admin could merge both threads?
[/color]

samuel
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by samuel » October 21, 2014, 4:00 pm

BossHogg69 wrote:Corect you are wasting your time.r
You must be very busy indeed - not even time for a simple mouseclick to sign the online-petition here?
No big thing - just a little click to make the world a little bit better.
I signed - call me a dreamer.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by mortiboy » October 21, 2014, 4:12 pm

You must be very busy indeed - not even time for a simple mouseclick to sign the online-petition here?
Done! for what good it will do :(
Mai mee tahng !

samuel
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by samuel » October 21, 2014, 10:03 pm

samuel wrote:You must be very busy indeed - not even time for a simple mouseclick to sign the online-petition here?
mortiboy wrote:Done!
=D> =D> =D>

Earnest
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by Earnest » October 23, 2014, 2:22 am

BossHogg69 wrote:Sorry but this is thailand and how do you think pigs and cattle are slaughtered here?
My late Mother-in-Law used to keep pigs. She used to send them to a Chinese guy to be slaughtered because of her beliefs, i.e. it was bad form for a Buddhist to slaughter animals. Where there's a will, there's a way, I suppose.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by fatbob » October 23, 2014, 9:00 am

I'm not sure of your point here, these dogs are not fed or given water for two days or more, they are jammed into cages, it is blatant cruelty. Pigs and cattle are not treated in this way, I am wondering what point you are trying to make here, your statement is meaningless.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand's dog trade.

Post by JoeThrows » October 23, 2014, 9:39 am

In the islands they will put out rat poison and meat to cull soi dogs once or twice each year. Horrible way to go.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by seagulls » October 23, 2014, 1:03 pm

Sickening ,A part of the reason I became a Veggie many years ago .A recent Loma Linda University study
revealed that a low fat plant based diet dramatically reduces the risk of cancer .Heavy meat eaters are three
times more likely to develop Prostate Cancer than Veggies and the same ratio for Women and Breast Cancer .I
feel the same remorse for the Billions of animals that are slaughtered annually World wide in horrible conditions
As Linda Mcartney stated "If Slaughterhouses had Glass walls the almost everyone would become Vegetarian" .
ROD ( harpman)

glalt
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by glalt » October 29, 2014, 9:13 am

A few years ago we had what we called bucket trucks passing through the villages a couple times a week. Like it or not, they provided a useful service. We called them bucket trucks because they traded a plastic bucket for each dog they received.

About that time, a group of concerned farangs cajoled the government into stopping these trucks at the border. More than a thousand dogs were taken from the trucks. What happened to these dogs? Most of them starved to death because the concerned farangs had forgotten that these dogs had to eat.

Now the bucket trucks no longer come around. If you have ever seen a dog die from being poisoned, you will have to decide what is the worse fate. The locals poison or beat these dogs to death. I like dogs probably more than the next person but I prefer the bucket truck over local methods of eliminating unwanted soi dogs.

Before you join a campaign to save these unwanted dogs, think about what you are going to do with them. They DO have to have a place to stay and food to eat. Most won't be adopted because they are chicken killers. I don't blame the dogs for killing and eating poultry but the locals will NOT put up with losing their poultry. Maybe out of sight is out of mind for me. I DON'T like to see how the locals deal with these dogs.

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by BossHogg69 » October 29, 2014, 9:24 am

coxo wrote:

I'm not sure of your point here, these dogs are not fed or given water for two days or more, they are jammed into cages, it is blatant cruelty. Pigs and cattle are not treated in this way, I am wondering what point you are trying to make here, your statement is meaningless.
As is yours555555555

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by BossHogg69 » October 29, 2014, 9:25 am

Bring back the bucket vans would be an excellent idea get rid of all these vermin soi dogs, far too many here.

jimbeamm36
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by jimbeamm36 » October 29, 2014, 9:39 am

Bring back the trucks. There is a case of beer and a full tank of petrol for each loaded truck leaving Udon .

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Thailand's dog trade.

Post by jai yen yen » October 29, 2014, 11:18 am

It is a very sad situation, it would be a lot better if the Thais treated the dogs better rather than the torture they endure. I feel the same way about all animals that end up being food for us, no need for cruelty. If we don't speak out nothing will ever change.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”