Foreigne retirees income

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Foreigne retirees income

Post by bumper » December 15, 2014, 5:05 pm

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Harpo
udonmap.com

Foreigne retirees income

Post by Harpo » December 16, 2014, 4:00 am

bumper wrote:Just a good read, nothing more

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/fin ... n-thailand
Hi Bumper.....thanks for the post.....gives a perception from the legal profession..... =D> =D> =D> ....cheers harpo
Great Southern Land

glalt
udonmap.com

Foreigne retirees income

Post by glalt » December 20, 2014, 3:21 pm

I had my 800,000 baht in a fixed deposit that was available any time. Now we have a new boss in Chiang Khan. She insisted that my money HAD to be in a savings account. I said OK, I'll deposit it in my savings account. NOT good enough, it has to be in my savings account for 3 months. I ended up having to go to the US embassy in Bangkok to get a statement of income letter. That was also a nightmare because I didn't have an appointment. Again I talked to a smart mouthed woman embassy employee who told me that I should have planned better and that she has people coming in everyday with no appointment. I asked to speak with her boss and after explaining my situation he got my letter for me. I still ended up with a 2 day overstay and had to pay a thousand baht fine besides having to drive about 600 kilometers one way to Bangkok and back.

I post this because the article includes a fixed deposit account. Don't depend on that working when you have a big shot woman as boss in the immigration office. I should add that for a total of about 15 years, I have never had a problem with my visa extensions. I use the retirement extensions because the support visa is a lot more hassle. I do have a Thai wife.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”