reteirment visa

General Udon Thani topics only!
MJA

reteirment visa

Post by MJA » December 28, 2015, 1:24 pm

heard a man talking to an imagination office in udon today the man was telling him that the new law said you must have 800,000 in the bank for one year now, has anybody else heard of this

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by Hoopoe » December 28, 2015, 3:01 pm

IMO did this years ago saying 800,000 had to be in the bank all the time , BUT it was down to interpretation of the law by IMO, it was pointed out to them that the law stated that the funds had to be in bank account for 2/3 months depending on first or subsequent applications showing you had their requirements, the funds for your living expenses for the year ,people used to believe that they could ask to see your account at any time and the 800.000 had to be in the account , this was not true , as i and quite a few others came to understand , has it changed , i dont think so ,there's nothing on the web site ,

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 28, 2015, 3:40 pm

2 months for a new extension of the Non Imm "O" visa and 3 months for additional extensions. End of story. Hear say can be a pain in the arse at times!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

parrot
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by parrot » December 28, 2015, 4:40 pm

There's a recent post on TV about a friend telling a friend that an immigration official said '6 months in the bank'.

The problem with most all these sort of reports is that they're false. Hearsay, rumor, misunderstanding, or misinformation. When it comes to all-things-immigration, the reports do no one any favors.

hairyharry
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by hairyharry » December 28, 2015, 9:41 pm

Sorry chaps but you are talking about a retirement visa. The topic clearly indicates a new type of visa, presumably for the uneducated or dyslexic.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by Stantheman » December 29, 2015, 7:45 am

hairyharry wrote:Sorry chaps but you are talking about a retirement visa. The topic clearly indicates a new type of visa, presumably for the uneducated or dyslexic.
Completely and totally uncalled for comment

seagulls
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by seagulls » December 29, 2015, 9:17 am

Is immigration still requiring a Thirty day waiting period to issue an extension of the retirement stamp or are
they giving the extension on day of reporting

macca46
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by macca46 » December 29, 2015, 9:27 am

You still have to wait the 30 days I did mine the 17th of this month stamp in passport for 30 days.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by RLTrader » December 29, 2015, 11:21 am

Just went today 12/29 for retirement expire 1/26

Went month early because of 30 day wait. Today was best experience in long time. Got there and not too busy, girl with glasses had no one, but really didn't want to mess up my day. Waited for other girl, maybe about 5 mins. can't figure out how the cue #'s work, so just went up and sat down. She took my passport and paperwork and went to work. Took maybe about 10 mins. gave her the 1900 baht. Need to come back with passport 1/28. :D

thalenoi
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by thalenoi » December 29, 2015, 3:34 pm

Do you still need to fill in a form and bring 2 photo's?
When I got re-entry permit all was done by officer, including taking picture, I had photocopies of passport pages with me.

waanjai
udonmap.com

visa extension - retirement

Post by waanjai » December 29, 2015, 7:55 pm

thalenoi wrote:Do you still need to fill in a form and bring 2 photo's? When I got re-entry permit all was done by officer, including taking picture, I had photocopies of passport pages with me.
During this years extension of stay at Udon Immigration I noticed that they now have gotten these little digital cameras too. Which I had seen before only at the airports.
51x4tIThamL.jpg
They used them to make pictures of the applicants. They can easily zoom in to take biometric passport pictures.
They still wanted to have my tm.8 with one! passport picture printed out from me. Seems that they keep them for their paperwork stock and make new digital pictures for the computerized data base they are creating and maintaining.

Wonder when they start asking the clients to stand up for a few seconds in order to make a picture of the person in its clothes. Should gain new insights - especially in Udon. :-" Or is there a sort of total picture already?
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by RLTrader » December 30, 2015, 6:00 am

What paperwork I gave them. TM-7, income statement, Photo copy of - Passport main page, and the 3 pages from last year (new passport), copy of entry card, copy of yellow book, map to house. Gave her a photo (same as used for US passport) which she stuck to page 2 of TM-7.

She took my picture and put my passport into a machine, will guess it took a picture of it, took 2 tries.

Paid 1900 baht but got no receipt, she did write one up. She then took everything to the older guy down on the far end, and he signed a couple of things. Same guy I had last year. When I arrived didn't see him, must have been on break.

Told to come back with passport only on 1/28, will send wife as I did last year.

seagulls
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by seagulls » December 30, 2015, 11:10 am

RL Traders post regarding having to wait 30 days (Two consecutive years ) for an extension on a
retirement visa confirms my suspicicion that this practice will be enforced infinitum and not just a
"One Off" event to weed out the Illegals

parrot
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by parrot » December 30, 2015, 11:23 am

It's been in effect since August 2014

RLTrader
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by RLTrader » December 30, 2015, 6:38 pm

seagulls wrote:RL Traders post regarding having to wait 30 days (Two consecutive years ) for an extension on a
retirement visa confirms my suspicicion that this practice will be enforced infinitum and not just a
"One Off" event to weed out the Illegals
Another way to look at it. It does not matter which way you go, Retirement or Marriage, they both take 30 days for approval, now in Udon. :lol:

The thing I love is the stamp they put on your last 90 days notice before renewal, goes something like "VISA Renewal issued same day" not it, but same meaning. Real meaning means "If you pay a Fee" :lol:

JR
udonmap.com

reteirment visa

Post by JR » January 2, 2016, 9:37 pm

Another 1000B and you get your passport back with new extension straight away. Go figure. Oh, and that man sitting at the right far end, does not know their rules. He does not know the combined fund alternative and that there is no seasoning of bank funds necessary with that!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”