Guard Dog

General Udon Thani topics only!
stockmktgenius
udonmap.com

Guard Dog

Post by stockmktgenius » March 28, 2007, 12:25 pm

My wife's parents have a new place and I'm looking for a guard dog to protect the place. Where can I find one and what kind of dog would get along with old people and still be scary to potential robbers? I've heard many times robbers poison dogs, so we need a dog who will eat only out of the bowl, not eat food provided by robbers.

Alternatively, her brother has a dog who's one year old (not sure what kind but fairly big). Perhaps we could have him trained as a guard dog. Right now he eats all the shoes left in front of house and so I guess needs training for that too. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. [email protected]

Alan

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » March 28, 2007, 2:33 pm

I believe all you need is a small house dog that is alert to new sounds around the house.Our little Shih Tzu serves that purpose and alot more!

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » March 28, 2007, 2:52 pm

German Shepherds are renound the world over for there guarding abilities and are so inteligent that they learn very quickly. They also love there owners big and small, but have an inbuilt mis trust of all strangers.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 28, 2007, 4:20 pm

so we need a dog who will eat only out of the bowl, not eat food provided by robbers.
Beware of robbers that come equipped with bowl and poisioned food.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » March 28, 2007, 6:31 pm

Thai ridgebacks are my choice.
no doubt about it!

valentine

Post by valentine » March 28, 2007, 8:22 pm

There has already been a lengthy discussion on this subject. I'm sure someone will post a link. :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 28, 2007, 8:29 pm

kbvegas
udonmap.com

Guard Dogs

Post by kbvegas » March 29, 2007, 12:08 pm

I will have some American Pit Bull puppies shortly they are very good Guard dogs my male dog is about 75 lbs and my female is around 45 lbs but they have very good temperment but not with strangers if your not around they have a natural guard dog mentality that does'nt need to be trained after 6 months you will see the change in them they are great pets and very loyal

sgwinpochai

Post by sgwinpochai » April 2, 2007, 8:54 am

You could also consider a Bangkeaw, ours is a good family dog, but distrustful of strangers. I understand that they are often trained as guard dogs

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”