Udon Immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
Jello
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration

Post by Jello » September 27, 2016, 1:02 pm

Immigration report
Today I did my new Passport transfer, Visa extension, and Single Re-entry permit.

Passport transfer: consists of 5 stamps.
One full page stamp in my new passport that includes information from my old passport and original Visa.
A half-page stamp that duplicates my last extension of stay stamp.
A small stamp over that (with some numbers that I don't understand).
A small stamp showing my visa status.
A small stamp showing the info from my last TM6 (arrival card).

Brought:
Old and new passport.
TM6 (arrival card)
Last 90 day report approval sheet (reported via website).
Passports and copies of all pages with Thai stamps. (each copy signed).
US Embassy letter requesting transfer of Visa to new passport.
Receipt of above from US Embassy. (not required).
TM7 extension of stay and TM8 exit permit. (both of these forms were re-entered in the computer, printed and signed).
Income affidavit from US Embassy.
Copy of pay slips/W-2. (not required).
Copy of Lease, Owners housebook and ID, report of alien staying at residence.
Drawn map showing directions from Immigration office to my house (straight lines only).
4 photos.

Asked to fill out the ""Foreign National info" form. Name, address, phone number, emergency contact in Thailand, emergency contact outside of Thailand, vehicle make and plate number, e-mail adress, social media address.

Asked to sign statement that I understood the reporting rules.

Time in office- about one hour.

Costs-
Visa Extension: 1900 paid and receipt given.
Re-entry (Single): 1000 paid and receipt given.
Visa transfer: 500 requested but waived after some polite discussion.

I did leave a tip after seeing that the passport transfer was a bit more involved that I originally thought.
The staff was pleasant, and overall a painless experience. YMMV 8)

UFF DA!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 27, 2016, 1:52 pm

"500 requested..." Not in the fee schedule but still "requested"... Any amplification on your discussion about it??
Dave

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » September 27, 2016, 3:30 pm

From Thai Visa.com: "Briton gets 4,000 baht fine for not staying where he was registered." Didn't realise the fine was that high. Pays to be aware of the consequences, I know of some who move around inadvertently!

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » September 28, 2016, 11:14 am

I did my 90 report this morning arrived at 9.55 am no one in front of me in and out in well under five minutes had the new form but only filled in what I deemed necessary did not even look at it I could have left it blank.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 28, 2016, 1:43 pm

Jello wrote:Immigration report
Today I did my new Passport transfer, Visa extension, and Single Re-entry permit.

Passport transfer: consists of 5 stamps.
One full page stamp in my new passport that includes information from my old passport and original Visa.
A half-page stamp that duplicates my last extension of stay stamp.
A small stamp over that (with some numbers that I don't understand).
A small stamp showing my visa status.
A small stamp showing the info from my last TM6 (arrival card).

Brought:
Old and new passport.
TM6 (arrival card)
Last 90 day report approval sheet (reported via website).
Passports and copies of all pages with Thai stamps. (each copy signed).
US Embassy letter requesting transfer of Visa to new passport.
TM7 extension of stay and TM8 exit permit. (both of these forms were re-entered in the computer, printed and signed).
Income affidavit from US Embassy.
Copy of pay slips/W-2. (not required).
Copy of Lease, Owners housebook and ID, report of alien staying at residence.
Drawn map showing directions from Immigration office to my house (straight lines only).
4 photos.

Asked to fill out the ""Foreign National info" form. Name, address, phone number, emergency contact in Thailand, emergency contact outside of Thailand, vehicle make and plate number, e-mail adress, social media address.

Asked to sign statement that I understood the reporting rules.

Time in office- about one hour.

Costs-
Visa Extension: 1900 paid and receipt given.
Re-entry (Single): 1000 paid and receipt given.
Visa transfer: 500 requested but waived after some polite discussion.

I did leave a tip after seeing that the passport transfer was a bit more involved that I originally thought.
The staff was pleasant, and overall a painless experience. YMMV 8)

Is this service not part of the job description that the IO is paid to do then Jello?

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » September 28, 2016, 2:05 pm

^
"Is this service not part of the job description that the IO is paid to do then Jello?"

So you never tip anybody I take it? & you choose to question those that do........... [-X

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » September 28, 2016, 2:14 pm

Tipping is a personal choice and I for one have no objection to doing so .I tip my Trashman ,My
newspaper Guy and of course the Waiters and Waitresses .Some places provide a "Tip Box' which
may not be a bad idea for Immigration .This would eliminate all of the Endless rambling notes from
all the "Holier Than Thou " posters who attempt to impose their will on others who do not agree with
Them .I shall suggest a Tip Box on my next visit so that Tipping can be a choice to all of us .

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » September 28, 2016, 2:34 pm

In this case tipping is not purely a personal choice. We have a mostly new set of Immigration Officers and by tipping or refusing a request we set their expectations. In this case tipping is a social choice.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 28, 2016, 2:46 pm

rickfarang wrote:In this case tipping is not purely a personal choice. We have a mostly new set of Immigration Officers and by tipping or refusing a request we set their expectations. In this case tipping is a social choice.
Gotta agree. If the new ones get to a point where they expect it and try some added pressure, mai dee. It affects us all.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 28, 2016, 4:02 pm

Airportwo wrote:^
"Is this service not part of the job description that the IO is paid to do then Jello?"

So you never tip anybody I take it? & you choose to question those that do........... [-X
I tip those that go out of their way to deliver a better service for me than what they are paid to do by their employer.

I tip the dustman, milkman, postman, newspaper boy etc at Xmas

I DO NOT under any circumstances give someone extra money, when they are doing NOTHING MORE THAN THEY ARE ALREADY BEING PAID FOR .....

oh damn, that reminds me, I forgot to give the guy filling the shelves in Global House a tip when I was in there yesterday, after all he put everything on the shelves just the way I wanted to see it :lol:

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 28, 2016, 6:22 pm

stattointhailand wrote:I tip those that go out of their way to deliver a better service for me than what they are paid to do by their employer.

I tip the dustman, milkman, postman, newspaper boy etc at Xmas

I DO NOT under any circumstances give someone extra money, when they are doing NOTHING MORE THAN THEY ARE ALREADY BEING PAID FOR .....

oh damn, that reminds me, I forgot to give the guy filling the shelves in Global House a tip when I was in there yesterday, after all he put everything on the shelves just the way I wanted to see it :lol:
That's my gauge as well. =D>
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Nevoil
udonmap.com

Post by Nevoil » September 28, 2016, 7:25 pm

Hi There,

Did my 90 day today at Sakon Nahkon I O and for the first time I got a form to fill out, :shock: I looked at it and filled out my name along with the wife's our address and handed it back, no more was said. Passport back in hand next
date noted. Off we went. Painless :D

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » September 28, 2016, 7:46 pm

So where do we draw the line with this tipping? next time I go in The Tap or Chris bar I should refrain from my usual tip :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 28, 2016, 7:49 pm

monkeyman wrote:So where do we draw the line with this tipping? next time I go in The Tap or Chris bar I should refrain from my usual tip :lol:

NO NO NO,, there is another option :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: ........ i will set up a direct debit for you MM :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 28, 2016, 8:16 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Is this service not part of the job description that the IO is paid to do then Jello?
The purpose of my previous post is to share information. The tip is irrelevant and I shouldn't have even mentioned it. The small tip that I gave was at my own liberty. It was not required or coerced. My personal reasons for tipping are my own and would only fall on deaf ears. 8)
UFF DA!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 28, 2016, 8:44 pm

monkeyman wrote:So where do we draw the line with this tipping? next time I go in The Tap or Chris bar I should refrain from my usual tip :lol:

I would suggest there is gaping great gap between somewhere like the staff at Chris's or the TAP and an the highly paid police officers at an immigration office MM, so you have plenty of places to choose where you draw your line :lol:

Hence my comment re not giving tips to shelf stackers in Global House who are probably paid about a tenth of what the lowest paid police officer gets :-"

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 29, 2016, 7:55 am

Tipping has always been the prerogative of the tipper, never asked for but always given in cases where it is deemed appropriate. The way that Service charge is added in many places has always irked me as often the service does not warrant a tip, however be that as it may, it is added and you the customer has two choices , use the establishment or not.
In the case of many Government agencies here where tip is requested it is always met with a polite ( I have gone deaf attitude ) and I pay the fee as prescribed by law, as normally when dealing with these agencies the fee is prescribed, if a fee is required. Any monies I hand over for services rendered is always for excellent service and a pleasant manner. With the one exception I have previously mentioned when I was between a rock and a hard place and losing a 40k flight.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 29, 2016, 10:53 am

Just to clarify here.
My dictionary description of a tip is “A small sum of money given as an acknowledgement of services rendered”. I suggest it might be fair to include the words voluntarily (given) and quality (services).
I agree with Seagulls that tipping “is a personal choice” and with Khun Paul “never asked for”. I happily tip to e.g. rubbish collectors and those filling my petrol tank for doing down to earth jobs and who appreciate the extra few baht. I do not expect to tip government employees as a norm for doing their jobs, or to ‘see things my way’.
At Immigration, payment of money requested in the guise of a fee, where it’s a free service, blatant audacity to put something in the pocket, or to persuade an Immigration Officer to interpret a situation to the applicant’s benefit, is not a tip.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 29, 2016, 1:42 pm

Facts vs Opinion-
Would it be possible to have a thread where we can share real experiances and facts of dealing with immigration WITHOUT being cluttered up by the same people voicing the same opinion over and over again? :-k
UFF DA!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 29, 2016, 1:51 pm

Jello wrote:Facts vs Opinion-
Would it be possible to have a thread where we can share real experiances and facts of dealing with immigration WITHOUT being cluttered up by the same people voicing the same opinion over and over again? :-k
yes it would be nice, however after a few years it is apparent that many posters post with the gut instinct of a situation where it is perceived that it has gone wrong and seeking advice help or whatever, they have never researched the forum for similar events and often you can get two or more posts from various people who for reasons unknown post the same thing with a different heading.

What you are asking for Jello is for people to read and research before posting, something which maybe normal for those who are used to the Forum or even the nature of seeking information ,but to many it is too complicated or time consuming to do so .
So although your point is correctly made, the problem lies in the user not the information, and so therefore duplication of information will no doubt continue. You actually have no further to look than the WWW, too much duplication of similar information is available, the TRICK is to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”