Udon Immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration

Post by Khun Paul » October 6, 2016, 7:13 am

Although I too have postulated at length, about this form , it is I really feel the invasion of privacy which is a little disturbing, we are so used to , knowing that our respective Governments can if they want to, find out most details asked for from the various agencies we are involved in , in our own countries, here although they have all this information, you have to consider that not only are they not connected to each other, they actually in many cases do not trust each other either.
Filling out this form was not invasive, having studied it at length, but the other one being used in Chiang Mai , with officers calling at your home to discuss personal private details including salary IS !!

That being said judging by many posts regarding this, it would appear that many IO's are paying lip service to the requirements of the form filling in , as possibly they also know it is a complete waste of time as no-one, well not them are doing anything with this form apart from stapling it to paperwork which I assume is confined to Bin 13 at some time in the future.
How can I say this, because on one occasions a few years ago, having lost my date, I went in and asked them what the date was, after about an hour they admitted they had no idea, obviously my paperwork from the last 90 day report had gone into that huge hole of indifference and indolence, never to be seen again. Or used to make papier-mâché ornaments, a secondary income for many officers I am sure. :lol: :lol:

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 6, 2016, 9:42 am

hah!! in days of yore all that paperwork would have been turned into paper bags for selling goods at the market.. No plastic bags 40 ought years ago..!
Dave

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 6, 2016, 9:57 am

FrazeeDK wrote:hah!! in days of yore all that paperwork would have been turned into paper bags for selling goods at the market.. No plastic bags 40 ought years ago..!
Getting a portion of Chickenclaw soup home was a reet b*gger in them days FrazeeDK. :lol:

KP have you tried bathing yor postulations with warm salt water ..... they shrink quite quickly I'm told :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 6, 2016, 10:13 am

And the bit that I didn't manage to edit in time :roll:

I don't think that most are too worried about the questions on their new form, but some (like me) are just p*ssed of at the fact that they keep making more and more hoops for us to jump through.
When I first came here I had to provide medical records I had to provide financial details. I had to provide proof that I had never had a police record etc etc all of this took time and all had to be countersigned by a JP (or similar) to say they were true records. I would have thought that after being here for an unbroken period of over 10 years (not even a hop over to Lao) they should be saying there was no need to report every 90 days, but not Thai Immigration they just provide more forms to fill in :evil:

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 6, 2016, 3:53 pm

90 Day Report today. Record-setting time. I spent only 3 minutes and 23 seconds in the building itself. The actual 90 Day Report was less than that. No form to complete. Signed my name twice. Done.

He has a tip urn there on the desk now -- for those so inclined to do so.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » October 6, 2016, 5:11 pm

That is good to hear .As I indicated in a previous post that a "Tip Box" for good service provides all
of us with options to contribute or otherwise . To be honest that having to cope with some of the
"Clientle' that I have seen wandering in and out then the IO s deserve Coffee and Doughnut contributions !!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 6, 2016, 5:23 pm

The Imm Office is perhaps the only government agency that has complete influence over our Alien lifestyles here.

One stroke of a pen or an incorrect stamp and your life turns to misery.

I find a Tip box offensive .just doing their job and for 90 day reporting a very simple process.

Paid my car tax the other day. 4 mins max. Very efficient and smiles all round. No suggestion of providing vouchers from Royal Thai Mint to that Govt agency.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » October 20, 2016, 3:53 pm

Lone Star wrote:90 Day Report today. Record-setting time. I spent only 3 minutes and 23 seconds in the building itself. The actual 90 Day Report was less than that. No form to complete. Signed my name twice. Done.

Pretty much the exact same as my experience today, though I did get a "Wai" both before and after signing name twice!
Not many government offices anywhere in the world that are as quick and polite in my experience! =D>
Love the tip "urn" almost as amusing as the ones the fast food places have! each to their own............. :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 20, 2016, 5:29 pm

Sounds like they are starting to get there then.......... =D> =D>

:-k All they need do now is to make the "tip urn" a charity box for a needy cause orphanage/clinic etc etc (same as the ones in "Home Cable" shop) and we can all put our change from our B2000 etc into it. Shouldn't take long at all to get a nice little sum for the needy instead of filling the pockets of the greedy :-$

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 20, 2016, 5:35 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Sounds like they are starting to get there then.......... =D> =D>

:-k All they need do now is to make the "tip urn" a charity box for a needy cause orphanage/clinic etc etc (same as the ones in "Home Cable" shop) and we can all put our change from our B2000 etc into it. Shouldn't take long at all to get a nice little sum for the needy instead of filling the pockets of the greedy :-$
Ooooooooooohhh !! Statts, Yer Can't make COMMENTS Like that last bit....I Am :shock: :shock: :shock: at YOU......

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » October 20, 2016, 6:48 pm

I have to echo stattoninthailnd's comments about speed and efficiency. I obtained my annual extension yesterday and sat there amazed at which the office zipped through the process, handed things to others nearby for performing parts of the task, approving the extension. I have seen a few Thai immigration offices over the years but this one takes the prize for speed and efficiency. Starting to feel very good about this office again.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » October 21, 2016, 9:10 am

Great News ! and the Tip Box for deprived kids is certainly one that most of us would readily
subscribe to . it also sounds like the office has streamlined its service to us . According to my
Dale Carnegie seminars and books you get more from Honey than you do from Vinegar ,so please
"Do not kick over the bloody Beehive " !!!!

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » October 21, 2016, 9:22 am

Wanted to post my yearly exstension i did about 1 week ago.

Came on a Tuseday just after lunch,sick as dog could hardly walk in to the office.some lunginfections that nearly felt it killed me..Anyway,my wife was with me..the third desk man looked at me and said..he can wait in the car..my wife gave him the papers he asked for,nothing special..30 min later my wife came to the car and said..sign here..maybe all in all ten papers,the usual once,no surprises.
Wife came back in another 5 min..all dusted and done....Thank you very much Udon Imigration...Ooops almost forgot,gave the man 100Bath tip for excellent service.I also got reciept of the 1900.

Almost looking forward to the 90 day report in Jan.. ;)

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » October 21, 2016, 9:28 am

Skeptic that I am, and really nothing to do with Immigration, but tip urn for workers, OK, UP2U...........but....when I see tip or donation boxes, saying they go to the 'needy'.......I doubt very much of most if any, make it to them. If wanting to donate, do it in person.

One place is the Girl's Orphanage on KK rd, north of nong soon on northbound left side. Make sure you get a receipt, so verified funds go into the orphanage, as I didn't one time, and suspect it went into persons pocket.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 21, 2016, 10:48 am

I don't mind giving a tip even though it's a gov org.i seem to remember that a lot of larger companies in the uk kept the tips and the workers got sweet f a....with the baht going through the roof against most currencies they may get desperate for us and make us stay when we sign for 90 days...only dreaming.

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » November 3, 2016, 9:18 am

DuiDui wrote:Wanted to post my yearly exstension i did about 1 week ago.

Came on a Tuseday just after lunch,sick as dog could hardly walk in to the office.some lunginfections that nearly felt it killed me..Anyway,my wife was with me..the third desk man looked at me and said..he can wait in the car..my wife gave him the papers he asked for,nothing special..30 min later my wife came to the car and said..sign here..maybe all in all ten papers,the usual once,no surprises.
Wife came back in another 5 min..all dusted and done....Thank you very much Udon Imigration...Ooops almost forgot,gave the man 100Bath tip for excellent service.I also got reciept of the 1900.

Almost looking forward to the 90 day report in Jan.. ;)
The price for extension is 1900 thb. One think we usually forget is FEE:
Rate of Fees Services Charges and other Expenses Fees

2. Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom in reference to Section 35 ; - each person, each time, not exceeding 500.00 Baht.
I do understand that an Immigration officer can ask a service charge between 0 and 500 thb in the case:
Section 35 : The Director General or the competent official deputized by the Director General shall have the authority to permit the alien , who entered to stay temporarily in the Kingdom under Section 34 , to remain in the Kingdom under any prescribed conditions. The periods of time which one is authorized to stay in the Kingdom are as Follows : 1. Not exceeding 30 days for a case under Section 34 (4) , (8) and ( 9 ) 2. Not exceeding 90 days for a case under Section 34 (3) 3. Not exceeding one year for a case under Section 34 (5) , (10), (11) , (12), (13) , (14) and (15)
15. Other activities as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations.
All quotes from:
http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... on_Act.pdf

Other activities means non-o visa and extension for that. So extension based on marriage/retirement can be 1900 thb for extension and then a service fee up to 500 thb.

Luckily Udon Immigration asks only between 0 - 100 thb.

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » November 3, 2016, 12:18 pm

First time i ever in 15 years heard or read that FEE thinge,but thanks for the info..eagle.

Why the freaking h*** can't they just put a sign up with this and the most common ten Q:s that the Immgration officer encunter in their everyday work,or someting similar.

Amd btw,you will NEVER get them to sign a reciept for the service fee..Have a good day eagle.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration AMAZING 90 DAY REPORTING

Post by the-monk » November 24, 2016, 9:36 am

I got to the Immigration Office at 08:20.. Doors opened at 08:25. Took a queue card for the 90 day report. We are 2 waiting at the 90 report desk which is empty. A minute or 2 later the young lady at position 3, asked for our passports. Passports handed in, scanned, next report form printed , stapled in passport, handed back to us. No form to fill in, no signature required. Out by 08:29 AMAZING. Thanks Udon immigration.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration AMAZING 90 DAY REPORTING

Post by Lone Star » November 24, 2016, 2:50 pm

the-monk wrote:I got to the Immigration Office at 08:20.. Doors opened at 08:25. Took a queue card for the 90 day report. We are 2 waiting at the 90 report desk which is empty. A minute or 2 later the young lady at position 3, asked for our passports. Passports handed in, scanned, next report form printed , stapled in passport, handed back to us. No form to fill in, no signature required. Out by 08:29 AMAZING. Thanks Udon immigration.
BOOM! That's great! =D>
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » November 24, 2016, 6:15 pm

Similar experience for me . Officer extremely polite and personable . I signed the paper and popped
a 100 baht into the tip Jar .Now how difficult or costly was that ?? I guess some people would rather
go through a cardiac arrest than "Live and Let live " LOL

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”