Udon Immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by newtovillagelife » June 22, 2016, 6:12 am

I stopped going to Udon Immigration a couple years ago. Tired of being charged for fees that are supposed to be free. Residence letter charged 500 baht, extension of visa for one month charged 3000 baht (should be 1900). I see a lot of members here refuse to pay these fees . What I would like to know is exactly how do you do this. Many times I have asked for a receipt, or told them that should be done for free and they just stare at me and do nothing. So I either have to pay or leave. What do you guys do or say differently to get them to do the right thing. Suggestions???

skinner
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by skinner » June 22, 2016, 6:55 am

Have only ever used Udon immigration for visa extensions. Handed over the necessary paperwork and 2 x 1000 baht notes. Got my passport back with the extension and a thank you. Didn't offer me any change. So I just sat there looking at her, she obviously wanted me to go, the office was busy.
I said to her , its 1900 baht , can I have my change please. She went away brought me a receipt and my change.
There is no secret, just be firm and polite. They know the rules.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Khun Paul » June 22, 2016, 8:36 am

The best way is to work out how much if any are the fees and put it into an envelope. marked with the correct amount and hand it over. They cannot ask for more and they do not have to give you change. it is called help the helpless, works for me every time.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by fatbob » June 22, 2016, 8:52 am

Khun Paul wrote: by Khun Paul » June 22, 2016, 8:36 am

The best way is to work out how much if any are the fees and put it into an envelope. marked with the correct amount and hand it over. They cannot ask for more and they do not have to give you change. it is called help the helpless, works for me every time.
The question asked is services that are free, what do you do and how do you go about it then Khun Paul?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Lone Star » June 22, 2016, 8:53 am

Last edited by Lone Star on October 18, 2019, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by newtovillagelife » June 22, 2016, 9:01 am

I guess I must look like an easy target, always had issues here. Was once even approached by one of them offering a one year type O for 20k no income to verify no questions asked. Thought about that but would rather go elsewhere even though its more of a trek.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by fatbob » June 22, 2016, 9:10 am

I know lonestar is superman but when requiring free services and they walk away, sit down and do nothing what doe's one do then, call in superman I guess?

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by newtovillagelife » June 22, 2016, 9:11 am

Exactly??

Barney
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Barney » June 22, 2016, 9:14 am

The hardest part is knowing what are the charged services and what are the free services.
Like the original post, It is difficult to sit there and argue and dispute if your not sure, and you just want to get the hell out of the place.
If only there was an official and detailed comprehensive list posted on the wall or online of all services fee's required. Then if it ain't on the list it's free, right.

I've previously been caught out with the verification of address letter for a license because I knew no difference, I rarely have to go to the Imm office.
I also got done for changing my visa into a new passport, that was in KK a few years ago.
Thought it was strange then to even have to change the visa to the new passport, had the same deal years ago with a a new passport and a Chinese work visa, only had to carry both passports through immigration not change the visa into the new passport. TIT

bumper
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by bumper » June 22, 2016, 4:35 pm

Just out of curiosity there a fee schedule on the net. If so perhaps just showing them a copy of that

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Wee Jimmy » June 22, 2016, 4:54 pm

Ask for a receipt, if they say ''No Need'' it's a scam.

samuel
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by samuel » June 22, 2016, 10:04 pm

last may i applied for my annual extension based on marriage and guess what .... the receipt for 1'900 thb had to be signed by me, was copied and then stapled to both stacks of forms by the immigration officer.

the 100 thb i donated to the lady on desk 3 for doing all the copies there for me.
smooth as silk .... you know.
;)

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Brian Davis » June 23, 2016, 5:44 am

samuel wrote:... the receipt for 1'900 thb had to be signed by me, was copied and then stapled to both stacks of forms by the immigration officer.....
That was the same in my case although, unusually for me and my suspicions, I didn't really check the receipt whilst signing away. And I wasn't offered and forgot to ask for the original (you should get a receipt to take away if you've paid money) - or was that placed in one set of the papers? Ok, I'm probably barking up the wrong tree on this one, but most unlikely there are audit checks (difficult to find anyone who could be trusted!), or you'll ever be allowed easily to see these papers again. Could Immigration be devious enough to use one receipt repeatedly? Who's checking/comparing receipt numbers? :-k

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Khun Paul » June 23, 2016, 6:34 am

The marriage visa system was changed I believe because of the furore about the case in NBL where hundreds of marriage Visas had been granted for dubious reasons and an official got caught out, so they were making doubly sure that every marriage visa is correct and paid for correctly. Considering they are Police officers says a lot in reality does it NOT !!!

Galee
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Galee » June 23, 2016, 7:45 am

Never had a problem. I hand over 2000baht and get 100baht back with a receipt.

udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by 12345 » June 23, 2016, 9:24 am

Always my experience also, though more recently, due to 'reports' I usually go with exact change for 2 reason. One not needing to ask for change, and I would think the 2nd reason, exact change would be preferred, so they have small notes for change.

This February was the first time that I had to ask for my receipt, though I did notice, the notations in the 'big book', so possibly just on oversight, but didn't want to come back in couple weeks, and have someone ask for the fee.

I returned before the 30+ days stamped for pick up of retirement extension, simply stating, I'm headed out of town, and want my extension, or put another stamp extending your 'approval' time period, at which point my extension was issued straight away.

Timing this year for my income statement, screwed up my scheduling for extension, going into school break. Next year I may have the same problem, so will probably ask for extension immediately, or walk across the street, and have them 'motivate' Imm to issue the same day.

Barney
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Barney » June 24, 2016, 6:15 am

I have travelled, worked, renewed passports, toured and had business trips to many countries many times and my experience and my limited memory is that when dealing with immigration or visa offices there is always a separate window or desk for paying any fees with receipts issued 100% of the time, EXCEPT Thailand. Where quite often people have to ask for the receipt.
Why is that? No need to answer.

udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by 12345 » June 24, 2016, 6:45 am

Only other experience is with USA embassy, along with 'outreach' consuls, and as you say, all organized, paperwork, pay/receipt, serviced, out the door. Every service is listed and priced beforehand.

Saying that, Thailand is still way easier and cheaper to do most everything. 'You'.... simply have to know what is a free service, what's not, research the 'extras' and mostly.........'stand your ground'........simply say NO.

Most, I think all services are listed somewhere, with prices, and those that aren't........it's roll the dice, but probably free. All not listed that I have used, were free, and all were asked for a charge. I simply refused, and it was free. With one exception, but my fault for waiting till last minute, though quite inexpensive (300 baht), and long time ago.

Has worked for me, in PKK, NK and UT Immigration offices..........as always, other's experiences may differ.

rick
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by rick » June 24, 2016, 12:17 pm

Don't take your wife with you, they will try to get her to pay and hit her for a tip. When i do my marriage extension i tip the girl the 100 baht, she does all the photocopying i have forgotten, corrects errors and gives me express service. Never have to pay extra on top for 90 day reports or exit re-entry visas.

udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by 12345 » June 24, 2016, 12:48 pm

rick wrote:Don't take your wife with you, they will try to get her to pay and hit her for a tip. When i do my marriage extension i tip the girl the 100 baht, she does all the photocopying i have forgotten, corrects errors and gives me express service. Never have to pay extra on top for 90 day reports or exit re-entry visas.
Excellen advice........ =D>

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”