You are not authorised to read this forum

General Udon Thani topics only!
the-monk
udonmap.com
Posts: 735
Joined: August 20, 2012, 4:56 am

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by the-monk » December 22, 2016, 9:54 pm

Window 7 Home Premium

1 -- Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m

Window shutdown , Reboot , Launch Chrome . Open UDONMAP
Click on : Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53
Get: You are not authorised to read this forum.

2 --- Opera Version: 42.0.2393.94 - Opera is up to date

Window shutdown , Reboot , Launch Opera . Open UDONMAP
Click on : Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53
Get: You are not authorised to read this forum.

3 -- Firefox version 50.1.0

Window shutdown , Reboot , Launch Firefox . Open UDONMAP
Click on : Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53
Get: You are not authorised to read this forum

Tested 22-12-2016 21:40 -- 21:53 Udon time.



Liam Dale
udonmap.com
Posts: 487
Joined: July 11, 2015, 4:16 pm

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by Liam Dale » December 22, 2016, 9:59 pm

Nah.. Im still stuffed.. cannot see members either.. or the TREK thread...

User avatar
Nigglyb
udonmap.com
Posts: 739
Joined: February 13, 2014, 5:00 am
Contact:

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by Nigglyb » December 22, 2016, 11:05 pm

Udon Map wrote:This has now been corrected (I think -- feel free to check my work and let me know if still a problem). Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Yep, now okay. Tried it on iPhone & work WIN10 machine & working as before
cheers
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by Udon Map » December 22, 2016, 11:09 pm

the-monk wrote:Window 7 Home Premium

1 -- Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m

Window shutdown , Reboot , Launch Chrome . Open UDONMAP
Click on : Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53
Get: You are not authorised to read this forum.

2 --- Opera Version: 42.0.2393.94 - Opera is up to date

Window shutdown , Reboot , Launch Opera . Open UDONMAP
Click on : Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53
Get: You are not authorised to read this forum.

3 -- Firefox version 50.1.0

Window shutdown , Reboot , Launch Firefox . Open UDONMAP
Click on : Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53
Get: You are not authorised to read this forum

Tested 22-12-2016 21:40 -- 21:53 Udon time.
When you say, Click on : Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53, where do you see this on your screen?

User avatar
MALC
udonmap.com
Posts: 566
Joined: January 5, 2009, 12:01 pm

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by MALC » December 23, 2016, 12:28 am

on the home page.but will not open

User avatar
Nigglyb
udonmap.com
Posts: 739
Joined: February 13, 2014, 5:00 am
Contact:

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by Nigglyb » December 23, 2016, 12:39 am

If it's any help I can't even see a topic called Hitachi Water Pump for sale....... just used my newly reinstalled Member Search \:D/ for Makseeda & this topic still does not show. The last post I see is an enquiry about a jacuzzi in classifieds on the 21st
It doesn't return any results if I search for the thread title either
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by Udon Map » December 23, 2016, 12:57 am

MALC wrote:on the home page.but will not open
OK, found it. Fixed. Thanks!

the-monk
udonmap.com
Posts: 735
Joined: August 20, 2012, 4:56 am

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by the-monk » December 23, 2016, 9:39 am

Good day ..
To answer your question Where i had seen the post <<Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53 >>
I had seen it on the HOME PAGE like the one hereafter.
UDON-1.png
After clicking on that post a new page would open up with the message << YOU ARE NOT .... >>

However this morning ( Udon 23-12-2016 09:30 ) i CANNOT find the <<Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53 >> post.

However clicking on the << You are not ... >> post i access the page showing the posts pertaining to that topic. I have included the top and bottom parts of that page.

Have a nice day.
UDON-2.png
UDON-3.png

Liam Dale
udonmap.com
Posts: 487
Joined: July 11, 2015, 4:16 pm

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by Liam Dale » December 23, 2016, 9:44 am

Nah.. it aint fixed! :-)

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by Udon Map » December 23, 2016, 10:50 am

the-monk wrote:Good day ..
To answer your question Where i had seen the post <<Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53 >>
I had seen it on the HOME PAGE like the one hereafter.


After clicking on that post a new page would open up with the message << YOU ARE NOT .... >>


However this morning ( Udon 23-12-2016 09:30 ) i CANNOT find the <<Re: Hitachi Water Pump For Sale, Makseeda, Wed, 15:13:53 >> post.


However clicking on the << You are not ... >> post i access the page showing the posts pertaining to that topic. I have included the top and bottom parts of that page.

Have a nice day.
This is the way that it's supposed to work. You can see the posts from this topic because this thread is open and not restricted at all. You cannot see the Hitachi Water Pump posts or thread any longer because the thread has been removed from public view at the request of the member who originally posted it for sale, Makseeda.

User avatar
ting_tong
udonmap.com
Posts: 1051
Joined: February 23, 2006, 11:19 am

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by ting_tong » December 23, 2016, 12:02 pm

um-bsod.png

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by Udon Map » December 23, 2016, 5:37 pm

ting_tong wrote:(screenshot)
Ting_Tong, this appears to be an instance where the page did not fully form before appearing on your computer. It is usually not a function of the server; usually it's a function of your internet provider and the way that it communicates with your computer. If your internet provider is overwhelmed or suffers a momentary interruption or slowdown/delay in processing, the information may not arrive at your computer as fast as your browser expects it; and occasionally, the browser won't wait, but will simply put up on the screen whatever it has so far. We see this very occasionally at the UM office, as well, even with a fibre optic connection.

There is, however, as I said, a possibility that it was a server-related event. In this case, apparently no one else experienced the same problem that you did. At least, I didn't receive information from anyone else that they experienced it; and the user statistics don't reflect any interruption in service. Further, I checked the server operating and performance logs; and there is nothing there which might have caused what you experienced. In fact, there are no log entries at all during the time period just prior to your post.

UM employs a monitoring service to watch our server for anything out of the ordinary. While problems with a server do occur from time to time, of course (a server is, after all, just a specially configured computer), such problems pop up on the screen at the monitoring service immediately and are usually dealt with before they affect the performance of the server and the UM website. Additionally, they are automatically logged into a server activity log so that there's a record. As I mentioned above, I just checked the logs around the time of your post, and see nothing out of the ordinary.

Although I don't think that this will happen, please let me know (Paul@UdonMap.com) if you experience this problem again or with any degree of regularity.

User avatar
ting_tong
udonmap.com
Posts: 1051
Joined: February 23, 2006, 11:19 am

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by ting_tong » December 23, 2016, 6:32 pm

it usually happens 2 to 3x a day, Im on a fast connection

Stevo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1137
Joined: January 1, 2006, 7:07 am

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by Stevo » December 23, 2016, 6:51 pm

@ ting-tong,
You may have a fast internet connection, but your 15 year old operating system might need an update, lol
How much RAM do you have in that XP machine? just asking as most modern browsers use a fair chunk of RAM (200+ MB) so if you have less than 512 MB it could be your hardware causing the issues.

User avatar
ting_tong
udonmap.com
Posts: 1051
Joined: February 23, 2006, 11:19 am

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by ting_tong » December 23, 2016, 8:01 pm

555
299gb intel atom 180ghz in the box and firefox

Stevo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1137
Joined: January 1, 2006, 7:07 am

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by Stevo » December 23, 2016, 8:37 pm

ting_tong wrote:intel atom
Ah!! there's the bottleneck, no wonder you are running XP... Win 7 will grind it down to a crawl.
Don't get me wrong here, I am a fan of small netbooks especially for travelling... but that single core 1.67 GHz CPU will be flat out most of the time, especially if you have anti-virus working in the background... I know because my wife has the same in her Samsung N220.
There is a cure though ;) If you want an up to date, supported operating system that will give you more speed (can run youtube vids without glitching, and load up UM's front page quickly, which is fairly heavily loaded with flashing banners, etc.) I suggest you give Linux Mint 17.1 LXDE a try.. it's very user friendly (my wife was a dedicated Win 7 fan before, but is now converted).
PM me if you need a link (I don't want to drag the thread too far off topic)... you can load it to a thumb drive and try it without installing first, then you'll see what I mean.

User avatar
ting_tong
udonmap.com
Posts: 1051
Joined: February 23, 2006, 11:19 am

Re: You are not authorised to read this forum

Post by ting_tong » December 23, 2016, 9:04 pm

thanks, I have a hard drive with a black hat linux OS on it, but its only for "educational purposes" and "testing"
Im on a cloned HD for travel on a small net top, its only UM that does a weird load up

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”