Private Patrol Service?

General Udon Thani topics only!
jimjay
udonmap.com

Private Patrol Service?

Post by jimjay » February 2, 2017, 10:10 am

Does Udon Thani have a private patrol service company?

Back in the states I lived in a housing estate that was vast enough to have an issue with burglaries.

We did a lot of back & forth with the cops only to realize, between them and the bad guys, nothing was going to change for the better.

So we paid an outside firm the cash needed to have a guard car cruising the estate. Something I know I'd be fine here paying from 2000thb to 3000thb a month for the peace of mind.

If there isn't such a firm in Udon, could there be a market for one? Maybe not. In Phuket the answer would probably be a resounding YES.

Sure, there are the issues of just how reputable Isaan types running such a business may or may not be. Or what the guard could or could not do.

So if there isn't such a service here, and no market for it, -are there housing estates here with excellent (human) security guards of their own?

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Private Patrol Service?

Post by wazza » February 2, 2017, 2:13 pm

Jimjay

My estate has excellent day time gated security.

Fades away after 2300. But they got the message.

Its 24/7 and I understand some are contracted from a local business firm.

Many estates start out with these activities and drop off once the body corporate ceases or individuals stop paying so the service is ultimately cancelled.

My estate hasnt had a break in or entry in 5 years that I know. Inner city location . Thats not to say perps havent cast an eye over it.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 2, 2017, 2:18 pm

I am sure content insurance for your home is less than 2000 baht a month. Why not go that route.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » February 2, 2017, 3:37 pm

Wazza, make that 8.5 years! Though if one occurs now, can bet it would be after 23.30.....

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » February 3, 2017, 12:45 am

newtovillagelife wrote:I am sure content insurance for your home is less than 2000 baht a month. Why not go that route.
Because insurance means nothing to the sense of safety our kids and my wife would lose if someone broke in.

Hearing of Wazza's village with such a solid record is indeed what we're on about.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » February 3, 2017, 1:32 pm

Of course Family safety is the number one priority which cannot really be assured with a "security' guard
at the main gate of the estate or a car that makes periodic checks .We have a great security Guard who
is on duty 24 hours .He is a Big Doberman named Jasper and is devoted to his Family .God help anyone who
ignored the warning sign on our gate and broke in . The local pound has many potential great Guards for your
Family so adopt one today!!

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » February 3, 2017, 1:49 pm

If they want to get in bad enough they will get in,seen 3 dogs poisoned on separate occasions,each time followed by a break in,so easy to throw a ball of sticky rice over the fence with some rat poison pellets inside,not nice thing to see dogs lying on the lawn frothing at the mouth and convulsing,cowards trick

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”