vet recomendations

General Udon Thani topics only!
timmy
udonmap.com

vet recomendations

Post by timmy » July 22, 2017, 10:25 am

can any body recomend a vet to " spey " shes a 6 month old cat , i seen a few vets surgerys spring up
around udon but would prefer too use some where thats been recomended , NONG PRAJAK area if poss
but can go anywhere for a good vet ,

kakariki
udonmap.com

Re: vet recomendations

Post by kakariki » July 22, 2017, 11:10 am

There is one in the road that the airport entrance is on we have used a bit and found to be very good, it's a vet hospital also.

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » July 22, 2017, 11:48 am

The Vet.surgery and training centre at Rajabhat Uni.The building at the front,left hand corner.In front of Thaharn road.I took my very sick dog and they were excellent.Although it was a long time ago I would be surprised if the standard had dropped.Because it is a part of the Uni.and a training centre the prices are slightly lower than a private practice.The one already mentioned near the airport is also good.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » July 22, 2017, 1:05 pm

We have tried several Vets around Udonthani and for the past four years have used
V-Care Animal Hospital (Google facebook for Map and information ) Both the Vet and
His Wife are Qualified Vets . Good luck

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » July 23, 2017, 3:14 am

Across the hwy from the little Big C, the one near the AP, there are several small shops with one being a vet with two vets. Small hospital with A/C and is clean. Great service from them and their assistants. Both docs speak passable English. Also do grooming.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » July 23, 2017, 6:39 pm

On the Sakhon Nakhorn road opposite SSG..blue roof...is a very competent vet...she speaks falang as well!
If it looks good..and smells good..go for it..

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » July 23, 2017, 7:26 pm

Mex wrote:
July 23, 2017, 6:39 pm
On the Sakhon Nakhorn road opposite SSG..blue roof...is a very competent vet...she speaks falang as well!
i recommend her as well.
always very competent.

Location (use Google Chrome):
https://earth.google.com/web/@17.370904 ... SzdZQWcQAg

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » July 23, 2017, 8:05 pm

We use a place on the ring Road between the old big c and origal global house.

If your heading in the direction of global house from the big c direction it is on your left before you hit the traffic lights with the petrol / gas station.

We take both our dogs there. Nice staff and good prices.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » July 31, 2017, 10:50 am

got the cat speyed yesterday at vets in the city , very happy with the cats treatment but very " pi##ed off " with how they do there pricing , we phoned 3 vets just so we knew about how much it would cost , ALL 3 said 1000 baht , so we have her " snipped " get the bill and 1000 baht for the speying and another 950 baht for DRUGS for a week , why ho why cant they just be upfront and say 2000 baht , we would have happily paid it , they just have to be THAI and think they,ve screwed you ....

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 31, 2017, 11:45 am

This is the Thai logic, you asked for the surgery price, you got it etc

YEARS ago, I was in Waterford traveling and walked into a hotel and asked for a room, Got asked Bath or Shower, i asked whats the difference, " WEll a Shower the water comes out in a spray ......"

On the bus to the crystal factory, conductor asked me if I wanted 1 way or return, I replied whats the difference, " well a return ticket you pay now and use later etc ..... "

I often use " Does that include everything in my conversations "

Bit like restaurents that advertise the prices and in size 2 font on the back page, subject to 10% service charge and 7% VAT

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » August 1, 2017, 11:41 am

No Hospital or Vet will give you 'Post-Op" care costs before any Surgery .I some cases the post op
costs exceed the Surgery costs . As most of you know you only get the Bill for medicines ect when
you check out . Maybe The OP should realize that he is dealing with the welfare of a Family pet and
Not pricing out an Oil change on a Car !! Anyway forty Quid sounds more than reasonable .

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » August 1, 2017, 12:37 pm

i was,nt complaning about the cost of the opperation or the servis both were " spot on " i was angry about the NOT telling you at the begining that the cost is 2000 baht not 1000 baht .. and getting your cat speyed is nothing like getting your car an oil change , i think you,ve been over here to long your thinking like a Thai yourself .... or is it because you come from Brighton .

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » August 1, 2017, 12:56 pm

I had the same experience when we had our cat spayed. It is not the price its the surprise!

Its a bit like buying a car in the states. How much for the car? $1500. OK, write it up. That will be $19,500 sir.
What? Yes we had to add preparation, shipping fees, etc.

So now I always ask what is the amount of the check I have to write to drive away in this car?

So, I guess the question for the vet is: "How much to take my cat home after she is spayed in your office?" :-)

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » August 1, 2017, 1:43 pm

Charlieb wrote:
August 1, 2017, 12:56 pm
I had the same experience when we had our cat spayed. It is not the price its the surprise!

Its a bit like buying a car in the states. How much for the car? $1500. OK, write it up. That will be $19,500 sir.
What? Yes we had to add preparation, shipping fees, etc.

So now I always ask what is the amount of the check I have to write to drive away in this car?

So, I guess the question for the vet is: "How much to take my cat home after she is spayed in your office?" :-)
well said Charlieb , thats all i was saying its the " suprise " and as you say next time the question will be
WHATS THE FULL COST OF WHATEVER I WANT DOING , and i still think they will find a way round giving
you a stright answer ...

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » August 2, 2017, 4:31 am

When I took my dog in for her 'fixing' at the vets across from the little Big C he gave me a quote of 2400 baht for everything. Blood work (which he sends out for analysis) operation, follow up visit in three days, stitch removal, scratch collar and take home meds. Price is based upon size of animal. As an aside, if they give you any meds and they don't work, anti-itch for example, he will refund monies based upon whats left. However, we could have gotten all of this for free without any of the bells and whistles from services provided throughout local villages. Check with your village leader for details when the traveling slice and dice vets(?) do their pro-bono neutering work.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » August 16, 2017, 8:42 pm

I had our bitch spayed today; at the vet opposite SCG on the Sakon Nakon highway about 4 km from the Big C bridge.

I was charged TB 800 including medicines.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 9, 2018, 6:51 am

I took on a Soi dog that unfortunately had Parvo Virus, she was very sick so I took her to AEC vets opposite Big C Nadee (recommended on UM a few times by people). To be honest, she was so ill I didn’t think she would survive but the vet did a superb job and after 6 nights she’s home and considering how sick she was she’s doing really well. The bill came to 5000 baht, quite reasonable IMO, the vet speaks good English and I’d highly recommend them. There was one downside, she came back with a few ticks, I’ve heard this before from someone else who took their dog there but otherwise I’m extremely happy.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » March 12, 2018, 9:44 pm

Went to the vet opp SCG..she is in NZ. A vetinary practise sans vet!!

I looked for AEC vets opp Big C...couldn't find it.

If you could assist.
Is Big C Nadee near Makro as you come into Udon fron the Sakon Nakorn side?

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » March 12, 2018, 10:05 pm

Ohkay!!

Wrong Big C...

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”