Christian Jews, I love, will enlighten U

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Christian Jews, I love, will enlighten U

Post by vincemunday » October 23, 2017, 9:02 am

Oh and just for the record, Israelis are most definitely a racial group, they are residents of a recognised state made up of Jews, Arabs and other ethnicities.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 23, 2017, 9:23 am

semperfiguy wrote:
October 23, 2017, 8:39 am
Those who say there is no God should take one hour out of their lives and watch the following documentary as Ray Comfort challenges other atheists to be enlightened.
Actually, it might be more enlightening for a dedicated Christian to take an hour to contemplate science seriously and realise that ideas like heaven, hell and God are absurd and a waste of time. They might also take some time to assess the Old Testament God. This should lead one to conclude that God is a psychopath
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 23, 2017, 9:47 am

Got my laughs for Monday

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 23, 2017, 9:57 am

But think about what you said, vincemunday. First, of course, the fact that you don't like some Israelis doesn't mean that you don't like all Israelis.

But that has nothing to do with racism. Israelis aren't a race or racial group. They're citizens/residents of a country. Following that approach, you would say that there is an American race? A British race? A Swiss race?

Jews and Muslims aren't races, either; they're groups of people who share religious beliefs. They include Africans, Americans, Thais, etc.

ricks
udonmap.com

Post by ricks » October 23, 2017, 10:15 am

Those who say there is no God should take one hour out of their lives and watch the following documentary as Ray Comfort challenges other atheists to be enlightened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChWiZ3iXWwM
sorry watched it ,its crap learn more about science, gods are just a way of controlling people and there are lots of gods on this planet

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 23, 2017, 10:25 am

Organized religion is the biggest threat the world faces. That said, I do believe in God. My God did not write any fairytale books nor did he have any man write books for him. You can call the creator God or whatever you like but everything around us had to come from somewhere. Nothing comes from nothing. I am entitled to my opinion and this is my opinion.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 23, 2017, 11:15 am

glalt wrote:
October 23, 2017, 10:25 am
Organized religion is the biggest threat the world faces. That said, I do believe in God. My God did not write any fairytale books nor did he have any man write books for him. You can call the creator God or whatever you like but everything around us had to come from somewhere. Nothing comes from nothing. I am entitled to my opinion and this is my opinion.

God morning "galt"!
Atleast your honest to your self..Some call it FAITH..LOVE..BEEING HUMBLE..OPENMINDED..Some call it religion..and those who don't belive in a God..they call it LUCK..Hey guys,i accept that..can you accept ME trying to act like a Christian?

"galt"..Did you wake up this morning and said -Thank you !..to your God..guess not..but please suprise me.

BTW,were is FC..;-)Have a blessed day everyone..:-)

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 23, 2017, 11:31 am

Udon Map wrote:
October 23, 2017, 9:57 am
But think about what you said, vincemunday. First, of course, the fact that you don't like some Israelis doesn't mean that you don't like all Israelis.

But that has nothing to do with racism. Israelis aren't a race or racial group. They're citizens/residents of a country. Following that approach, you would say that there is an American race? A British race? A Swiss race?

Jews and Muslims aren't races, either; they're groups of people who share religious beliefs. They include Africans, Americans, Thais, etc.
Such arrogance, you’re still trying to teach me my language, despite being given the definition of race from the definitive list of words of the English Language called the Oxford Dictionary. If course there is an American race, of course there is an English race, that race however is made up of different components but someone who is born in England is still English despite his or her parents ethnicity or perhaps we should follow Hitlers take on things that only those of pure descent can be considered to be a race?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » October 23, 2017, 12:29 pm

Blimey vincemunday It was only 3-0 !! You may do better at the Amex in the return match .As for the OP
drivel it may be a severe case of Toxoplasma Gondii .

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » October 23, 2017, 12:39 pm

Above post....

???????

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 23, 2017, 12:44 pm

ONLY!!! Lol unfortunately our manager spent a long time with Payet making him look good, by all accounts we were quite pitiful, the only way is up..... or down...

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 23, 2017, 1:00 pm

Faraday wrote:
October 23, 2017, 12:39 pm
Above post....

???????
Faraday,

The poms have a short attention span for a lot of subjects and always default back to soccer. :lol:
Maybe just another form of trolling like felix. :-"

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » October 23, 2017, 1:13 pm

Barney wrote:
October 23, 2017, 1:00 pm
Faraday wrote:
October 23, 2017, 12:39 pm
Above post....

???????
Faraday,

The poms have a short attention span for a lot of subjects and always default back to soccer. :lol:
Maybe just another form of trolling like felix. :-"
Short attention....sorry, what was I saying...???
:D

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 23, 2017, 1:28 pm

what is this rubbish topic ?, is this the corner for those whom are so bored and do not know what to do anymore ?... :-k
as many people already know , religion is the source of all evil... :(

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 23, 2017, 2:19 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 23, 2017, 11:31 am
Such arrogance, you’re still trying to teach me my language, despite being given the definition of race from the definitive list of words of the English Language called the Oxford Dictionary. If course there is an American race, of course there is an English race, that race however is made up of different components but someone who is born in England is still English despite his or her parents ethnicity or perhaps we should follow Hitlers take on things that only those of pure descent can be considered to be a race?
So, in your view, everyone who is born in England is of the British "race"?

Anyway, I can live with the OED. It's a good, authoritative source, as you rightly point out. But the pages you included were definitions of "racism," which, of course, is prejudice based on race. But you didn't include a definition of what, exactly, "race" is, -- that's what we're talking about here. So let's see how the OED defines race.
Screenshot 2017-10-23 14.08.56.png
(As you can see, this is Definition 2. Definition 1 had to do with speed races, so not relevant to this discussion.)

Based on this, then, what are the difference between the "American race," the "British race," the "Swiss race," the "French race"? What are the "distinct physical characteristics" of each, as the OED puts it?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 23, 2017, 2:48 pm

Very nicely cropped, go back and read the complete definition, it doesn’t just define physical differences although that can certainly be a part of it. Yes, if someone is born in England in my opinion (and most of the time in law) they are ENGLISH, nowhere do I say British, by definition being English, Welsh, Scottish or Irish will make you a member of a race whereas being either of those will make you British and although you will definitely find reference to a “British race” I don’t believe that exists because Britain isn’t a nation.

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » October 23, 2017, 2:50 pm

Funny really.. we can count on Felix to "start something" and then wander off with the satisfaction of a job well done.. ie: trolling?

The British "race"? The American race = classified late 18th century as the indigenous population - Not invading whitey.

What did I see previously.. Ahh yes.. i remember.. British by birth, English by the grace of God, ----- by nature.. replaced by Churchillian quote. An isolationist approving small islander.. pontificating in a DIFFERENT country. Oh the irony..

Race is as Paul advises above.. raciSM is different.. as is nationalism, intolerance of another or different religion(s).. a dislike of people with bent noses.. whatever. They ALL show our shallowness of tolerance, or self imposed importance and sense of superiority.. et al.

I didnt feel inclined to comment here about OP Felix.. whatever you feel he is entitled to his own agenda. But some of the dribble above.. As Kopkei says.. bored people, some "retired" too early.. get a hobby. You for sure are not a journalist or blogger.. ;-)

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 23, 2017, 3:05 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 23, 2017, 2:48 pm
Very nicely cropped, go back and read the complete definition, it doesn’t just define physical differences although that can certainly be a part of it. Yes, if someone is born in England in my opinion (and most of the time in law) they are ENGLISH, nowhere do I say British, by definition being English, Welsh, Scottish or Irish will make you a member of a race whereas being either of those will make you British and although you will definitely find reference to a “British race” I don’t believe that exists because Britain isn’t a nation.
OK, I'll accept your differentiation between English and British. But you again leave unanswered the question I have now asked several times in different ways: If you define "race" based on your country of birth, is there an American race? French race? Swiss? Andorran? I've never heard anyone talk about a Tunisian race, have you? And what happens when borders between nations are redefined or adjusted, as happens from time to time? Do all of the affected people suddenly change race because their birthplace is now in a different country?

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 23, 2017, 3:09 pm

Please, let's keep in mind that this conversation is about ideas, not each other. Let's avoid name calling and other types of disparaging personal remarks.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 23, 2017, 4:30 pm

Part of the definition of race is a common language, culture and history and on that basis I would say that yes there are “races” and ethnicities aren’t necessarily a part of that and as I’ve said before, if someone is born in England I think they are English, what else would they be? So yes, I think there is an English race, a French race etc.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”