New Rules For Bars.

General Udon Thani topics only!
vlad
udonmap.com

New Rules For Bars.

Post by vlad » December 17, 2017, 3:59 pm

Just been talking to a mate of mine in Udon who tells me the Army walked into Day n Night on Friday and told all bar owners they cannot play music loud, no dancing is allowed, and the girls cannot accept drinks from customers or, go off with customers, and all bars must close at 12. If this is correct not only is it another nail in udons nightlife but it will force bars to close.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: New Rules For Bars.

Post by minimiglia » December 17, 2017, 4:05 pm

Really????????? I didn't see them, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 17, 2017, 4:24 pm

1. Given the conflicting noise at volume coming from different bars in the same area, I imagine that most customers will be highly delighted with low volume music - which seems to be played for the benefit of the staff rather than customers in many Udon bars.
2. Strictly speaking staff dancing for customers has always required an additional (& expensive) license that I imagine that no one in Day & Night has.
3. Stopping customers doing what they want with their money is something that is impossible to regulate.
4. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand.
5. All bars in Udon have had to close at midnight ever since the army took over as Government.

Consequently it should make little difference to either businesses in D&N or any customer who wants to be involved with Pay for Play or get a drink after 12.. :D

It is Just the army reminding everyone who is in charge with the run up to the holidays.. :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 17, 2017, 5:28 pm

Saw them in THREE different bars in D&N & Soi Sampan on Friday vlad. seemed to spent about 15 mins at each establishment and got owner/managers to sign some documents before they left. Must admit that in all the years that D & N has been here I have not yet witnessed ANYTHING remotely like dancing going on (the nearest being drunken gyrating preceding a collapse onto the floor)..... and that quite quite often by old farang customer =;

Interesting that employees will not be allowed to get drinks from customers ........ that will have a double whammy as bars will have to remove any signs advertising "ladydrinks" (which reinforces my thoughts that it has to be illegal to charge two different prices for the same item ...... my Leo B65, her Leo B130)

It will also reduce the vocab of the average bargirl in Udon by about a quarter, leaving only "Hello Wekum car", "Where u from" & "erghh" :lol: :lol: :lol:

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » December 17, 2017, 5:33 pm

lol im over in Feb Statts they cant ban the sun maybe get together for a beer. Leo being my fav tipple.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » December 17, 2017, 6:02 pm

It'll just be temporary, and of course any violations can be handled with some cash / gash / stash.

Go by there second week of January & you'll see the speakers on at full blast, and all of everything noted as banned, totally going on unchecked / unabated.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » December 17, 2017, 6:20 pm

For what it's worth,I parked my car in the car park next to day and night last night.At approx 20:00 whilst walking back from Central to my car I could hear thumping music and what sounded like ladyboys screeching with delight coming from the complex.So yes....very temporary 555.
Voiceover for hire.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 17, 2017, 7:08 pm

It's probably only a temporary ban on "enjoyment :-s " just for the New Year. Along the same lines that you aren't allowed to kill your passengers in the back of a pick up during the New Years holidays :roll:

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 17, 2017, 10:33 pm

For Christ sake if it wasn't for drink and prostitution I wouldn't of met my wife.the army are just ruining it for new sexpats.i can see the whole Thai enconomy collapsing.as for 12 o'clock.try living in nong wua so,theres no bugger about after 9pm.everyone is tucked up in bed.god do I miss the bright lights and sleaze of day and night.i noticed in my villid tonight the local coppers have all been issued new bullet proof type looking jackets with army written on the back.i think it's because the ones with police on didn't work very well.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 18, 2017, 10:34 am

Army only has 4 letters ..... so they were cheaper

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » December 18, 2017, 6:38 pm

I must have missed it all. Did see a few kinda' army looking guys with a civilian going into bars with paperwork. Probably contract for under the table tea money. No pay, no play. And yea I miss the old days of 15/16 yrs. ago when the bars might as well not have closed, the music wasn't all that loud and you paid them only to leave the next day. Oh and they weren't asking stupid prices that only Lame Dupe Over Payers would pay.

As always, times change and seldom for the better.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 18, 2017, 10:12 pm

Don't think it's changed all that much sgt. There are still places to get a late drink, and there are still establishments the bar girls go to after their bar has closed to get a drink and do a bit of freelancing for a few hours :-k

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 26, 2017, 7:10 pm

It has just got worse Vlad... Although i am not sure if this is
a just for the 'holiday' period clamp down to do with the ridiculous
holiday period traffic deaths, or longer term.

First is that the official times to be allowed to buy alcohol in bars
only from 11 till 2 & then 5 till midnight are being 'enforced'.
Second is that all 'advertising' of alcoholic products is being strictly enforced.

This being Thailand of course means that it has absolutely zero effect on
when you can sit anywhere & have a beer but does add (again) another
level of foolishness to the enforcement of the law..
It has also, probably, added serious additional sales of black tape ... :D
black out.png

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 26, 2017, 7:19 pm

If your post is correct then you cannot buy alcohol during the hours stated, but can consume.
Just run up a tab over the period?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 26, 2017, 7:22 pm

Ah Barney... You are 1 of the ones who have spotted the flaw in the law.. :D

However, as I said, it just results in foolishness that credits the country not one bit.. :shock:

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 26, 2017, 8:01 pm

I'm certain when I as a young very handsome man and first went to tastes the delights of sunny Britain in 1980 that there were session hours in place in the pubs? Memory is fading.

TheSportsBar
udonmap.com

Post by TheSportsBar » December 26, 2017, 8:07 pm

We had a Visit last week and yes the New Rules are about to be enforced and we were even advised on the Value of a Fine if caught not abiding with them, New Year we were Told.............will wait and see again

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 26, 2017, 9:39 pm

It 's almost like these people don't realise there is a Test Match going on :evil: :evil:

Mind you the way England are playing that will only account for 2 days :lol:

Yes Barney the Brits did have strict opening/closing times for many years, but even the "thick as two short planks nailed together" British MP's finally realised that all they were doing was increasing drunkeness due to "binge drinking" before closing times. One would like to think that their Thai counterparts ...... no, there's not a lot of hope there 8-[

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » December 26, 2017, 10:20 pm

I wonder if TAT have special awards for those promoting these excellent marketing campaigns in Thailand.....

..... for other Asian countries ](*,)
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

TheSportsBar
udonmap.com

Post by TheSportsBar » December 30, 2017, 11:42 am

Well Thanks, it is not the New Year as advised, we had a Visit last night with a Photo taken during the " Forbidden Hours 2 to 5" and lets go for a Drive and Pay a Fine...............Happy New Year :shock: :shock: .........wait that's 2 days away...........TIT, not sure if we are the First but doubt we will not be the Last..........looks like some interesting times ahead for all in 2018 and before the New Year.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”