Weather

General Udon Thani topics only!
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Weather

Post by FrazeeDK » March 15, 2019, 4:55 pm

or the Thai Met Department's site which has click through's to weather warnings, satellite shots, and other dollops of info.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=23

Dave

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 15, 2019, 5:25 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 15, 2019, 5:38 pm

Just been out for a doggy walk,they were as slow as me walking in the heat ;-)Gulping water like camels,me too hehe..Jepp it's H O T no surprise this time of year.

https://www.windy.com/17.408/102.832?rh ... 0y,a:CziIF

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 15, 2019, 6:51 pm

33c With a Feel Like temp of 38c In Nongers This Arvo...

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 16, 2019, 10:22 am

I was really hoping you were correct Parrot. A good heavy downpour for a couple of days would have done wonders for the local environment including my place.
Garden would be refreshed, roof would have been washed clean of all the airborne ash and dust, allowing me to turn the valve to fill my half empty 10,000 ltr underground tank.
In the general UT region it would push most of the air pollution to planet earth. The 2.5 particulate would be gone.
Alas nothing, but there was a feeling in the air early this morning of a pending weather change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earnest
udonmap.com

The weather in North America

Post by Earnest » December 24, 2022, 2:14 am

So how bad is it in North America, Uncle T?

Khun Shado, is it bad in the Ozarks?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-u ... a-64075457
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 24, 2022, 2:48 am

It rained all through the night and the snow began about ten in the morning. The expected plunge in temperature from +4 to -20C did not happen...yet. Thus, there aren't icy conditions. However, high winds up to and over 100 kph are still expected, which might wipe out power lines. If that happens, we might be without electricity and heat for a few hours or a few days. I was outside for over two hours this morning and it wasn't too bad for a Toronto storm. So far so good for this part of British North America.

Update: Frigid
-31° to -24°
Caution advised. Frostbite to exposed skin within 8 minutes. Hypothermia likely without protective clothing.

.......................................................................................................................................

CURRENT WEATHER
2:50 PM

-9°C
Heavy snow
RealFeel® -27°
Frigid
RealFeel Shade™ -27°
Frigid
Max UV Index
0 Low
Wind
WSW 69 km/h
Wind Gusts
87 km/h
Humidity
85%
Indoor Humidity
25% (Very Dry)
Dew Point
-11° C
Pressure
↑ 987 mb
Cloud Cover
100%
Visibility
1.2 km
Cloud Ceiling
2100 m
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 24, 2022, 2:59 am

Canada winter storms live updates: Up to 100 vehicles involved in collisions on Ontario’s Highway 401 - Globe and Mail

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » December 24, 2022, 3:50 am

Much of the U.S. is similar to what Laan Yaa Mo described. An Arctic blast is producing a monstrous winter storm from coast to coast. Being described as a "once in a generation" storm by the TV weather announcers. Here in the Ozarks, we had a few inches of snow and an overnight low temperature of minus eight degrees (-8 F) = (-22C). The high temperature for today is expected to be about 10 degrees (+10F) = (-12C).

Thousands of flights have been delayed or canceled the past couple of days. Holiday travelers are piled up in terminals waiting for available flights. Nationwide it's a real mess but here in the Ozarks we haven't felt the brunt of the storm. Road closures, vehicle accidents and dangerous wind chill are the biggest issues right now. The forecast is for improving conditions over the Christmas weekend and moderating temperatures next week well above freezing.

More than a million customers without electrical power across the country.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 24, 2022, 6:58 am

Wrap up warm.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 24, 2022, 7:05 am

Yes, I will bundle up before sallying forth tomorrow morning when it will be around -28.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » December 24, 2022, 7:13 am

Lovely for Christmas in this part of the world Earn. How's blighty looking?

Sunday 25 December
Min 13c Max 30c
Chance of any rain: 0%
Melbourne area
Sunny. The chance of fog about the nearby hills in the early morning. Light winds becoming southerly 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon then becoming light in the late evening.
Sun protection recommended from 9:00 am to 5:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 12 [Extreme]
Watch Me!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 24, 2022, 8:19 am

Put my socks and jimjams on last night. Mrs tam off at the crack of sparrow fart to go fishing with Yai, both suitably "happit". Having my morning coffee at 8 and it's all good here but probably hot as all buggery by early afternoon.

Just back from my 7-day exploration of east Lancs pubs in brisk, wintery conditions and can confirm they're all still there. Was going to drop by Chris's for F&C on the way from the airport yesterday but saw DM's van parked outside and decided I didn't need my buzz killed prematurely.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 24, 2022, 8:31 am

tamada wrote:
December 24, 2022, 8:19 am
Put my socks and jimjams on last night. Mrs tam off at the crack of sparrow fart to go fishing with Yai, both suitably "happit". Having my morning coffee at 8 and it's all good here but probably hot as all buggery by early afternoon.

Just back from my 7-day exploration of east Lancs pubs in brisk, wintery conditions and can confirm they're all still there. Was going to drop by Chris's for F&C on the way from the airport yesterday but saw DM's van parked outside and decided I didn't need my buzz killed prematurely.
I had already returned to my abode Tammy ... Chris asked me to leave my truck there in case you went past as quote .. he didnt need the bar buzz being soiled and derailed when so busy.

Back in the real world ..and DM up and out with the doggies 530 not as nesh as previous mornings tho i see chillier weather forecast again from tomorrow.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 24, 2022, 5:38 pm

Crikey, I'm only up at 05:30 hours if I've ---- the bed. :shock:
marjamlew wrote:
December 24, 2022, 7:13 am
Lovely for Christmas in this part of the world Earn. How's blighty looking?
Sunny and 10 degrees in East Anglia so I'm off for a walk this morning. The running has gone for a burton since the cold snap last week.

Vivat Rex!

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » December 27, 2022, 2:19 am

Shado wrote:
December 24, 2022, 3:50 am

Thousands of flights have been delayed or canceled the past couple of days. Holiday travelers are piled up in terminals waiting for available flights.
More than 15,000 flights have been canceled Nationwide so far during this holiday period. I can't recall such a massive winter storm impacting so vast an area of the country. Not sure if it's unprecedented, but certainly holiday traveling that will be remembered for a long time.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 27, 2022, 6:43 am

All the jets now in the wrong places.

You should bring the cat in tonight, Khun Shado, it will be -8 at your location.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » December 27, 2022, 7:14 am

Yep, currently -8 C but will only drop to -10 C by daybreak. Warming trend tomorrow with predicted temps reaching +4C, then +11C on Wednesday and a balmy +18C by Thursday. Typical weather in the Ozarks is simply "variable".

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 27, 2022, 11:05 am

13 degrees at 5am this morning in Khao Yai.. a tad scrotum tightening but nothing one cannot overcome wearing my SUFC beanie and a hot coffee.

Isan weather at the mo ... IM LOVIN IT !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 27, 2022, 5:52 pm

Let's hold that constricting ball bag in our mind's eye for a second, readers, while Uncle T prepares his weather update for Toronto this morning.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”