Child Modelling/Acting Advice Please?

General Udon Thani topics only!
mac123
udonmap.com

Child Modelling/Acting Advice Please?

Post by mac123 » January 14, 2018, 12:58 pm

Hi Guys

Every parent thinks their nipper is super attractive, talented and intelligent - I, alas, am no different. My son is 3 and has the added advantage (in LoS) of being very white (much more so than other 50/50 kids). My wife is an ex teacher and has given up work to take care of him full-time. She is keen that the lad tries out for modelling or acting. Obviously the lad will be chaperoned 100% of the time.

I have no idea whatsoever about how you might go about getting him into acting or modelling. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Scottie

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Child Modelling/Acting Advice Please?

Post by wazza » January 14, 2018, 1:09 pm

Dont sign any contracts, get your lawyer to create your own, that way , you tie them up, and not vice versa.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 14, 2018, 1:11 pm

Is that the path your son wants?

mac123
udonmap.com

Post by mac123 » January 14, 2018, 1:16 pm

wazza wrote:
January 14, 2018, 1:09 pm
Dont sign any contracts, get your lawyer to create your own, that way , you tie them up, and not vice versa.
Very helpful advice. Thanks.

mac123
udonmap.com

Post by mac123 » January 14, 2018, 1:18 pm

fatbob wrote:
January 14, 2018, 1:11 pm
Who knows what a three year old wants? As well as school, he is trying out tennis, football, muay thai, karate and golf.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 14, 2018, 2:08 pm

mac123 wrote:
January 14, 2018, 12:58 pm
.....She is keen that the lad tries out for modelling or acting.......
Oh dear, my wife keeps on about this too! :roll: No doubt something to do with the riches the stars make, houses they own and how they then take care of their mother. :lol: Of course, parents are there to guide and encourage but, as somebody said, make sure it's something HE really wants to do. 3 years old? You may have to wait a few years.

mac123
udonmap.com

Post by mac123 » January 14, 2018, 2:44 pm

Brian - many thanks for your thoughtful response. Great to hear that your wife thinks this might be a good idea too. I have been given the details of a Bangkok based agency and we will take it from there. Never know where it might lead.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » January 14, 2018, 3:06 pm

#1- should be "make sure they are in no way connected with pedofilia"
Hard to find these days, because "most are".

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 14, 2018, 3:41 pm

mac123 wrote:
January 14, 2018, 2:44 pm
Brian - many thanks for your thoughtful response. Great to hear that your wife thinks this might be a good idea too. I have been given the details of a Bangkok based agency and we will take it from there. Never know where it might lead.
Um, actually I think my wife is chasing numerous bank accounts stuffed with cash :lol: No offence to her and her previous extremely poor background and the many poor Thais, chasing money daily. One has only to note the infatuation with the lottery. I rather cringe at the prospect of my son ending up in some awful Thai 'soap'. I think i'd prefer e.g. a doctor, or perhaps the bank manager himself! \:D/

mac123
udonmap.com

Post by mac123 » January 14, 2018, 3:53 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
January 14, 2018, 3:41 pm
mac123 wrote:
January 14, 2018, 2:44 pm
Um, actually I think my wife is chasing numerous bank accounts stuffed with cash :lol: No offence to her and her previous extremely poor background and the many poor Thais, chasing money daily. One has only to note the infatuation with the lottery. I rather cringe at the prospect of my son ending up in some awful Thai 'soap'. I think i'd prefer e.g. a doctor, or perhaps the bank manager himself! \:D/
Many thanks for the positive feedback Brian - hugely appreciated. :D
Cheers
Scottie

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » January 15, 2018, 11:02 am

mac123 wrote:
January 14, 2018, 1:18 pm
fatbob wrote:
Who knows what a three year old wants? As well as school, he is trying out tennis, football, muay thai, karate and golf.
Airline pilot?

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » January 15, 2018, 11:27 am

Every parent wishes the best for their children and sadly so many push their kids into activities
that they themselves aspired to but were unsuccessful . There are many tragic outcomes of
parents pushing their kids into Dance and Modeling especially in the States Jo Benet Ramsey
jumps to mind .Be careful what you wish for .

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » January 15, 2018, 12:36 pm

seagulls wrote:
January 15, 2018, 11:27 am
Every parent wishes the best for their children and sadly so many push their kids into activities
that they themselves aspired to but were unsuccessful . There are many tragic outcomes of
parents pushing their kids into Dance and Modeling especially in the States Jo Benet Ramsey
jumps to mind .Be careful what you wish for .
seagulls i agree with you , and from what i,ve seen most of the farangs with thai wives think there children are so " white " and beautiful and shall i add clever and talented , but get a grip this is the real world , you only want them to be your " pension in old age " it will NEVER happen ...

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 15, 2018, 1:56 pm

For me, the bottom line here, although I may not be around to see it,is the hope that my son ends up in a quality, well-paid job, one that he enjoys and a direction that has been chosen by him, not insisted upon or guided too strongly by me or his mother.
And picking up on the last posts, I'm of the view that Thai family thinking, perhaps particularly in the poorer parts of the country, works rather differently to that in the western world. I sense a genuine fear of old age in the Thai, particularly for financial reasons because of minimal state help. Thus, the expectation that children will ''repay their breast milk".

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 15, 2018, 2:22 pm

mac123 wrote:
January 14, 2018, 1:18 pm
fatbob wrote:
Holy poop! With all that desperately seeking the next great international, interracial sporting star and nacent TV lagohrn stardom, does the poor tyke have any time for the internet?

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 15, 2018, 3:15 pm

Kids that age will most likely start in photo shoots for catalogues for kids toys and clothing. If you can keep the little ones still for long enough.
Good luck and have a go I say.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 15, 2018, 5:24 pm

I let my son decide what he wants to pursue, it's not my call, it's his so long as he is happy, my role is to try my best to point him in the right direction, I would be very careful in the path you are going Mac123, many posts have summed up the Thai way of thinking...

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 16, 2018, 9:25 am

Its what the kid wants and is happy to do which is of paramount importance with family and parents encouraging them in this,whatever it may be.
I'd like my 3 year old granddaughter to be the new Beyoncé but,realistically,stopping some loser getting her pregnant at 14 and ruining her life is a more likely scenario.
Also her mothers family are short of dosh and may well see her as some sort of "cash cow" when she grows up which is something I wouldn't want to happen to her.
Farang and Thais.....different ways of thinking.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 16, 2018, 10:05 am

Spot on Zidane, but sadly it's exactly as you tell it.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”