Is there a car/driver available for daily hire in Udon?

General Udon Thani topics only!
jingjai
udonmap.com

Is there a car/driver available for daily hire in Udon?

Post by jingjai » November 3, 2005, 11:36 pm

I'm looking to hire a driver with a car on a daily basis. For some local sightseeing. Any suggestions? The auto does not have to be anything fancy. It would be good if the driver spoke some English, but it is not mandatory. I'm looking to pay around 1600-2000 baht for 6-8 hours, I'd also pick up their meals.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » November 4, 2005, 7:16 am

you can check the board at City Lodge, think its Mr. Neng. Speaks english, german, thai, has car's and tuktuk, motobikes, and will drive. make sure to bargain, and don't loan him any money :lol:

valentine

Post by valentine » November 4, 2005, 7:29 am

Can try Mrs Phorn on my Pm. she speaks reasonable English, does tours to Laos and every where local. Has a nice pick up with carryboy seating in the rear, aircon. Charges from 1,000-1,500 per day, depending on distance involved , plus fuel.Also throws in a free interpretation service, English to Thai, if you need it.
Last edited by valentine on November 4, 2005, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » November 4, 2005, 10:33 am

There is a individaul named Twan who works st the Chareon Hotel and has for years, has his own car. He worked for the American Military when thye were here so speaks excellent english. I don't have contact info on him as it was years ago that I used him and I have no idea what his fees are today. He did excellent work for me when I used him.

valentine wrote:Can try Mrs Phorn on 07 861 7210 . she speaks reasonable English, does tours to Laos and every where local. Has a nice pick up with carryboy seating in the rear, aircon. Charges from 1,000-1,500 per day, depending on distance involved , plus fuel.Also throws in a free interpretation service, English to Thai, if you need it.

valentine

Post by valentine » November 11, 2005, 6:57 pm

Jingjai. I spend a lot of time telling Thais that farangs are good honest people and can be trusted. When you say you will ring back, keep your word, or be man enough to say , no thank you, for whatever reason. These people are trying to run an honest business and need to make bookings in advance.

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » November 15, 2005, 7:23 am

my wife in udon as number of guy we use i.ll post in 24 hours as she is sleeping know
and iam at work in uk
nice guy with minibus 1200 baht for him and car you pay gas on top what you use he can speak little bit english arrives with full tank you fill up end of day he will sleep over in is motor if you would like to travel around on a large tour top man

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » November 15, 2005, 11:32 am

If you make a lot of friends it is also possible to get a driver and minibus for around 1200 Baht plus diesel. :)

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » November 15, 2005, 12:21 pm

valentine wrote:Jingjai. I spend a lot of time telling Thais that farangs are good honest people and can be trusted. When you say you will ring back, keep your word, or be man enough to say , no thank you, for whatever reason. These people are trying to run an honest business and need to make bookings in advance.
Valantine, I'm not sure what you're referring to. I did inquire about prices with the lady you recomended. I don't remember saying you referred me or giving her my name or making any kind of definite booking. What I probably said was "thank you, let me think about it and I'll get back to you". Maybe what I should have said was: "thank you, let me think about it and I'll call you if I want your service". After all my years in Thailand, I still forget I need to be more specific when speaking to Thai people. Farangs are different, at least I am. If for example I had a car for sale, and you came and looked at it and said to me what I said to Mrs. Phorn, I'd think if you wanted to buy the car I'd hear from you, if you didn't I wouldn't. Anyway sorry for any problems I caused you and please apologise to Mrs. Phorn for me.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”