Insensitivity of American Film Producer.

General Udon Thani topics only!
tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Re: Insensitivity of American Film Producer.

Post by tinpeeba » July 12, 2018, 3:13 am

Pure Flix, the Christian company behind the God’s Not Dead series and other faith-based films wants the film rights:

www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2 ... ve-rescue/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 12, 2018, 8:57 am

vlad wrote:
July 11, 2018, 2:09 pm
... Its not yank hating but facts if the movie does come out what will it be factual or American heroism.
Who bloody cares? Apart from you I mean?
Im thinking of U57 when the brits were the first to locate the Enigma machine from U57 yet Hollywood portrayed you as the saviors when you had nothing to do with getting hold of it. So my 2 yank members who troll me is this fact or factual or did I make it up as you keep reminding members.
Don't know what you're thinking but U57 was a moderately successful but relatively non-descript U-boat that was very active for 10 months at the start of WWII. She then became a training boat but after a collision, sinking and repair, never saw active service before 1945 when she was scuttled in Kiel just before the Germans lost in the Final.

On the other hand the movie U571 is "a fictional 2000 U.S. war film. U-571 has no relation to this U-boat, but is very loosely based on the British capture of U-110 and her Enigma and cipher keys."

How much more time do you think you'll need to get over it?

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 12, 2018, 10:49 am

Aussies quickly get over rescues and the enormous cost. Even if the rescued then go on to sell books, make documentary movies, even though it cost 10’s of millions of our tax money to save them. Perhaps Tony Bullimore donated his monetary rewards to a worthy cause.
I personally think there is a great chance for a documentary movie here to highlight the effort of all people in the cave, from the wild boars, rescue guys and girls and all other helpers. Bit early as the full story has not come out yet. It is truly a remarkable and almost unbelievable feat to be told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » July 12, 2018, 12:14 pm

As some members have stated there's always a fast buck to be made out of someone else's misery.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 12, 2018, 12:44 pm

Absolutely disgusted with some of the reactions on here [-X [-X [-X What would you have thought if it was YOUR SON down there, and these b*stards were sniffing round for a quick buck? I can assure you they would have had the script for "Film producer gets castrated by clapper board" if it was my son :evil:

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 12, 2018, 1:16 pm

The outrage! Those Americans!

Lighten up, Francis. Christ, you Brits aren't half squiffy.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 13, 2018, 7:05 am

Since this was something headed up by the Thai Government. Probably a deal could made to at least a percentage of the income produced be given to help, pay for the expenses incurred. A documentary could serve for more caution to cave explorers especially inexperienced ones,

As to stepping up quickly, no one has to say yes to the producer. My guess is here was a long line of producer wanting a chance at this.

It's sad. But, it is the world we live in.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 13, 2018, 11:18 am

'
vlad wrote:
July 11, 2018, 2:09 pm
So its ok to call me a troll and a yank basher colt 1911 and jimjay well I did inform you there were american movie producers Sniffing about the Area before the rescue was even accomplished ok I can hold my hands up and say I got the name wrong and it was not Lucas but the rest I was correct on so you can stop your " Calling me out " colt. Its not yank hating but facts if the movie does come out what will it be factual or American heroism. Im thinking of U57 when the brits were the first to locate the Enigma machine from U57 yet Hollywood portrayed you as the saviors when you had nothing to do with getting hold of it. So my 2 yank members who troll me is this fact or factual or did I make it up as you keep reminding members.
https://www.quora.com/Didnt-the-Polish- ... rs-before-...
Dec 18, 2014 - "German military texts enciphered on the Enigma machine were first broken by the Polish Cipher Bureau, beginning in December 1932. This success was a result of efforts by three Polish cryptologists, Marian Rejewski, Jerzy Różycki and Henryk Zygalski, working for Polish military intelligence.'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/201 ... an-turing/

Hope this helps your research, Vlad.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 14, 2018, 9:33 am

Giggle wrote:
July 12, 2018, 1:16 pm
The outrage! Those Americans!

Lighten up, Francis. Christ, you Brits aren't half squiffy.
LOL... this Trump bloke, their Brexit debacle and England stubbing their toe in the World Cup has got them all double-squiffy.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » July 14, 2018, 7:43 pm

U57 The Movie Is this the one Vlad?
When a German U-571 submarine with a sophisticated encryption machine onboard is sunk during a World War II battle at sea, the Allies send an American Navy force led by Lieutenant Andrew Tyler (Matthew McConaughey) to retrieve it for study. Boarding the German ship, the Americans' cover as a rescue force is quickly blown. Forced to take the crew hostage, the Americans lay their explosives and prepare to destroy the German vessel before the Nazis can send naval backup.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”