Life certifucate

General Udon Thani topics only!
plumbers
udonmap.com

Life certifucate

Post by plumbers » August 24, 2018, 3:15 pm

I have received a request for a Life Certificate from the UK pensions ,
could some one tell me who I can approach as my witness ?
I have only received a pension for one year cant quite believe they
are checking up all ready .
Any English expats that have been through this could give me some advice please .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Life certifucate

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 24, 2018, 4:00 pm

plumbers wrote:
August 24, 2018, 3:15 pm
Any English expats that have been through this could give me some advice please .
You will have received a letter with the request, it gives guidance as to the people they will accept.
IMG_4675.JPG
You will need your passport or Driving license if it has your picture on it.

If you are not sure if they will accept your choice of person then call +44-191-21-8777 between 8am and 6pm U.K. Time Monday to Friday
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » August 24, 2018, 4:52 pm

maybe theyre spooked by the following news item yesterday

A Spanish man lived with the corpse of his brother for five months to collect his pension, police said.

Eduardo Serrano Barrios, 68, was arrested on suspicion of fraud and collecting the pension of another after the body of his brother, Antonio, was discovered at their home in Barcelona. Neighbours alerted police after they had not seen Antonio Barrios for months and reported a bad smell.

Officers found his mummified remains on a bed covered in sheets. The suspect told them that his brother died in March but he hid the body to claim the pension because he did not have sufficient income. He received €300 a month from social services and his brother €1,000 per month.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/span ... -f88nbbbcj
the only good Tory is a lavatory

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 24, 2018, 6:06 pm

plumbers wrote:
SNAP............I Also got one Yesterday,That's my 3rd in about 4 Years :shock: :shock:
I've had a Bangkok Bank account now & even recieve my U.K Pension into it each 4 Weeks so went there to get it Signed & Stamped.....NO Chance they said,But We'll give you a Printed letter in Thai to say you have an account with us This after the branch phoning Head Office in Bangkok :-" :( ,A Lot of good that would have done back in Wolverhampton !! :roll: :roll:) Went to Doctors Clinic asked there ( He Wanted 1000 Baht to put pen to paper :shock: :shock: :yikes: :yikes: :censored: :censored: ) So Walked out to The Post Office & Asked there,They DID Sign it & Stamped it \:D/ \:D/ Now I'm just about to phone The Pensions Office to see If they'll accept it.... [-o< [-o<

Well I Phoned Newcastle Over 1hr 30 mins ago but due to my posts being moderatored before ANYONE Can View them,I'm only answer NOW......Yes They will accept what I've sent back..... :D :D
Last edited by 747man on August 24, 2018, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » August 24, 2018, 7:03 pm

I visited Udon Police station they were very helpful and contacted Tourism police ,
I followed a lady officer to the Tourist police office , fifteen minutes later
all done , cost 500 baht . One thing I am not so happy about is Uk Gov sending
letter second classs very easy to go missing .
Thanks for your advice sometimeswoodworker .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 24, 2018, 9:40 pm

plumbers wrote:
August 24, 2018, 7:03 pm
I visited Udon Police station they were very helpful and contacted Tourism police ,
I followed a lady officer to the Tourist police office , fifteen minutes later
all done , cost 500 baht . One thing I am not so happy about is Uk Gov sending
letter second classs very easy to go missing .
Thanks for your advice sometimeswoodworker .
No problem, didn't you get the guidance letter? I ask as I've just got mine a couple of days ago.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » August 25, 2018, 2:33 am

Yes I got the letter but thought may be an easier way than visiting police station or asking a lawyer .
I asked my pharmacy they were helpful but did not have an official stamp.
Visiting the Tourist police was hassle free so next time I will go to them direct .
I was very surprised to get the letter as I have only had a state pension for fourteen months .

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » August 25, 2018, 11:54 am

I have to to this annually. The payer of my pension requires a notary which requires a trip to the US embassy or a consulate and a due date to submit..

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 25, 2018, 5:06 pm

My request from UK Pensions turned up yesterday.
I used the lady at my local bank last time around. I suppose that is one advantage of living in Phen, with a fairly small branch of the bank- the staff all recognise/deal with me. Ok, took a bit of effort to explain the requirement. No charge, but I must buy the staff e.g. a couple of tins of biscuits this time. Incidentally, the bank's official stamp was applied to the form and I also attached her business card.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 25, 2018, 5:58 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
August 25, 2018, 5:06 pm
My request from UK Pensions turned up yesterday.
I used the lady at my local bank last time around. I suppose that is one advantage of living in Phen, with a fairly small branch of the bank- the staff all recognise/deal with me. Ok, took a bit of effort to explain the requirement. No charge, but I must buy the staff e.g. a couple of tins of biscuits this time. Incidentally, the bank's official stamp was applied to the form and I also attached her business card.
Brian, Bet it Wasn't the Bangkok Bank,As head office told me they've informed ALL Their staff NOT to sign or stamp anything to Guarantee any letter from Overseas,But They WILL Sell you a printed form saying that you hold an account with them....& Yes I Use the same branch in Nong Khai and the girls know me by my First name....

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » August 25, 2018, 7:20 pm

Will the Uk Government require this life certificate every year ,
Or is it a random check to see if we are sill alive .?

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 26, 2018, 10:26 am

plumbers wrote:
August 25, 2018, 7:20 pm
I don't know if random, or not. Checking, I had my last request two years ago.

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » August 26, 2018, 10:51 am

So was mine and that was after being an OAP for ten years prior to that without any checks.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 26, 2018, 11:22 am

plumbers wrote:
August 25, 2018, 7:20 pm
The one I Got this week was my 3rd in 5 Years !!! 8-[ 8-[

Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Jai » August 26, 2018, 9:46 pm

747man wrote:
August 24, 2018, 6:06 pm
plumbers wrote:
SNAP............I Also got one Yesterday,That's my 3rd in about 4 Years :shock: :shock:
I've had a Bangkok Bank account now & even recieve my U.K Pension into it each 4 Weeks so went there to get it Signed & Stamped.....NO Chance they said,But We'll give you a Printed letter in Thai to say you have an account with us This after the branch phoning Head Office in Bangkok :-" :( ,A Lot of good that would have done back in Wolverhampton !! :roll: :roll:) Went to Doctors Clinic asked there ( He Wanted 1000 Baht to put pen to paper :shock: :shock: :yikes: :yikes: :censored: :censored: ) So Walked out to The Post Office & Asked there,They DID Sign it & Stamped it \:D/ \:D/ Now I'm just about to phone The Pensions Office to see If they'll accept it.... [-o< [-o<

Well I Phoned Newcastle Over 1hr 30 mins ago but due to my posts being moderatored before ANYONE Can View them,I'm only answer NOW......Yes They will accept what I've sent back..... :D :D
Was that the main Udon Post office 747 ? & how much did you have to pay them......did you just go to the desks upstairs or see someone on the first floor---- Thanks, got to do one this week---its my first and I'm 70

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » August 27, 2018, 11:03 am

I received one from the UK in June 2016 but nothing last year or this year (Yet) .I initially tried Bangkok Bank where I have three accounts and have been a customer since 2003 .They were adamant that they were not allowed to validate my identity and suggested immigration may do it .No luck there either so ended up at an Attorneys Office and paid 3K baht for them to validate my signature .Down side of this is that my Frozen UK pension is a pittance and barely covers my weekly Wine Bill . I get an annual note from the USA for my pension which is a simple note where you just check the boxes and Sign and return in the reply Envelope .

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 27, 2018, 1:14 pm

Jai wrote:
August 26, 2018, 9:46 pm
747man wrote:
August 24, 2018, 6:06 pm
plumbers wrote:

Was that the main Udon Post office 747 ? & how much did you have to pay them......did you just go to the desks upstairs or see someone on the first floor---- Thanks, got to do one this week---its my first and I'm 70
No Mate,The Main Post office in Nong Khai, Just straight to the desk on the Ground Floor.....Asked for NOTHING,But did give the guy a decent Tip....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 27, 2018, 1:16 pm

seagulls wrote:
August 27, 2018, 11:03 am
I received one from the UK in June 2016 but nothing last year or this year (Yet) .I initially tried Bangkok Bank where I have three accounts and have been a customer since 2003 .They were adamant that they were not allowed to validate my identity and suggested immigration may do it .No luck there either so ended up at an Attorneys Office and paid 3K baht for them to validate my signature .Down side of this is that my Frozen UK pension is a pittance and barely covers my weekly Wine Bill . I get an annual note from the USA for my pension which is a simple note where you just check the boxes and Sign and return in the reply Envelope .
Told Yer, Bangkok Bank told me Same.....They'll keep yer Money in their bank but WON'T Help with any problems the CUSTOMER Might have...... 8-[ 8-[

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » August 27, 2018, 1:48 pm

This may help I got it from their website....
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... tions.pdf

Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Jai » August 27, 2018, 1:51 pm

747--------Was that the main Udon Post office 747 ? & how much did you have to pay them......did you just go to the desks upstairs or see someone on the first floor---- Thanks, got to do one this week---its my first and I'm 70

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”