Exchange Rate Used at Immigration???

General Udon Thani topics only!
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Exchange Rate Used at Immigration???

Post by semperfiguy » April 27, 2019, 9:09 am

Does anyone know what exchange rate table is used at Udon Immigration when they compute how many Thai Baht are represented by the amount of US Dollars claimed as monthly income on the Affidavit? In other words, what source are they referencing on a daily basis when they come up with their conversion rates?
Last edited by semperfiguy on April 27, 2019, 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Exchange Rate Used at Immigration???

Post by 747man » April 27, 2019, 10:41 am

Well IF it's any help, I Believe The British Embassy is STILL Working at 45 Baht to the Pound.....Money Grabbing Bas*ards !!

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » April 27, 2019, 11:25 am

Bangkok Bank and buying rate.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 27, 2019, 11:36 am

eagle wrote:
April 27, 2019, 11:25 am
Bangkok Bank and buying rate.

Would that be the buying rate for notes or TT? After all, when we bring our money in from abroad we get the buying TT rate at the bank and ATM machines. I wonder if Immigration even knows the difference. Are you certain about the source?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 27, 2019, 12:13 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
April 27, 2019, 9:09 am
Does anyone know what exchange rate table is used at Udon Immigration when they compute how many Thai Baht are represented by the amount of US Dollars claimed as monthly income on the Affidavit? In other words, what source are they referencing on a daily basis when they come up with their conversion rates?
AFIK they use the website under and the Bangkok Bank TT rate from it, this is current at the time of posting so this morning it would be 31.85 they do not calculate each transfer just do everything at the rate on the day of application.
IMG_7300-2.jpeg
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 27, 2019, 2:32 pm

When I last did mine in December the IO had one of the interns get a printout which was stapled with the stack of photo copies they need to generate with my application. It was Bangkok Bank buying rates = AUD to BHT.

I ask why are you concerned with a system that no longer works?? (Affidavits - USA, Canada, Finland and Australia)

Edit - Penny dropped, you may still be in the 6 month window.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 27, 2019, 2:50 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
April 27, 2019, 2:32 pm
When I last did mine in December the IO had one of the interns get a printout which was stapled with the stack of photo copies they need to generate with my application. It was Bangkok Bank buying rates = AUD to BHT.

I ask why are you concerned with a system that no longer works?? (Affidavits - USA, Canada, Finland and Australia)

Edit - Penny dropped, you may still be in the 6 month window.

Thanks Bandung_Dero! Sometimewoodworker confirms that the rate is Bangkok Bank TT Buying rate and not Note Buying rate. Can you "ditto" that as well? There's a big difference in the two.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 27, 2019, 3:07 pm

When the IO rattled his calculator the rate he used was VERY close to the rates that appeared in https://www.xe.com/ that morning so I assume it's the official rate they use (plus commission) - not the note rate.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Udonhoward
udonmap.com

Post by Udonhoward » April 28, 2019, 8:13 am

I was there two days ago, they used the "Sight Bill" rate from this Bank of Thailand website:

https://www.bot.or.th/english/_layouts/ ... erate.aspx

They even gave me a printout (in Thai) of these rates.

Currently 31.7558 for US$. This was very different from my XE calculation (which I showed them, to no avail...)

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 28, 2019, 8:43 am

Udonhoward wrote:
April 28, 2019, 8:13 am
I was there two days ago, they used the "Sight Bill" rate from this Bank of Thailand website:

https://www.bot.or.th/english/_layouts/ ... erate.aspx

They even gave me a printout (in Thai) of these rates.

Currently 31.7558 for US$. This was very different from my XE calculation (which I showed them, to no avail...)

Thanks Udonhoward! This just goes to further confirm how "clueless" Immigration is. Instead of giving us credit for the "Transfer average buying rate" of 31.85 or the "Weighted-average Interbank Exchange Rate" of 32.07, they give us the worst rate possible which is the "Sight bill average buying rate" of 31.75 which is the same as "notes" which is not even allowed under their current rules requiring international bank tranfers of funds to a Thai bank. Under that scenario nobody would be exchanging bills.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”