Surveillance/Security Camera

General Udon Thani topics only!
fdimike
udonmap.com

Surveillance/Security Camera

Post by fdimike » May 16, 2019, 2:22 pm

I'm looking for a shop here in Udon Thani which will sell & install an outdoor surveillance/security camera. Our house is in Nongsamrong just north of the "ring road".

I've already tried 1 shop in Landmark Plaza which came out and was not able to install a cordless wifi camera. The "tech" claimed that my router would not support more than 1 computer at any one time. Pure nonsense as I've had our son and grandkids here from the states and the 3 of them were on the smart phones and a computer all at the same time I had my PC operating.

All recommendations gladly accepted.

An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Surveillance/Security Camera

Post by glalt » May 16, 2019, 3:19 pm

fdimike wrote:
May 16, 2019, 2:22 pm
I'm looking for a shop here in Udon Thani which will sell & install an outdoor surveillance/security camera. Our house is in Nongsamrong just north of the "ring road".

I've already tried 1 shop in Landmark Plaza which came out and was not able to install a cordless wifi camera. The "tech" claimed that my router would not support more than 1 computer at any one time. Pure nonsense as I've had our son and grandkids here from the states and the 3 of them were on the smart phones and a computer all at the same time I had my PC operating.

All recommendations gladly accepted.
I have two Yi outdoor cameras. They are WiFi and once you have them paired with your phone and computer, you can move them to any 220 volt outlet within WiFi range. You don't need anyone to install anything. One weakness is if the power goes off, the cameras go off too. I bought both from AliExpress. Since my grid power is so bad, I have built a small solar system so they are on the battery and are on 24/7.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 16, 2019, 3:34 pm

Thanks but I want something with a battery and I want it installed by the vendor in case there's a problem. The tech guy from Landmark was unable to get his cordless Watashi wifi camera to work with my wifi (3BB fiberoptic) even after calling 3BB about the problem.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 16, 2019, 5:42 pm

So, what are you trying to accomplish?

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 16, 2019, 6:07 pm

Pretty obvious isn't it. I want a cordless wifi outdoor camera system installed by someone who hopefully knows what they're doing. I'm not interested in doing it myself either.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 16, 2019, 6:56 pm

This place seems to be one of the bigger CCTV dealers in town.....current website
http://www.xn--12cmae4da1c9cdmx4eh0hwcv ... %E0%B8%B5/

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 16, 2019, 7:46 pm

Thanks Parrot. I know just where they're located from looking at their map. Easy to find. Just down the road from the Poom Me Ice Cream place.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 17, 2019, 1:54 pm

fdimike wrote:
May 16, 2019, 6:07 pm
Pretty obvious isn't it. I want a cordless wifi outdoor camera system installed by someone who hopefully knows what they're doing. I'm not interested in doing it myself either.
What I was wondering was if you planned to record, if not would be the same as having just some dummy cameras, as that no one would know.

Or you just wanted one to see who just rang your door bell.

I also am connected to 3BB, but my cameras wired to a recorder and the recorder is connected to 3BB router, and with a APP on phone can see up to 6 cameras for free from anywhere.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 17, 2019, 2:16 pm

I really don't want a wire hookup between the camera and the recorder. Ideally I want a cordless wifi camera which I can view on my computer or a seperate recorder

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 17, 2019, 3:47 pm

fdimike wrote:
May 17, 2019, 2:16 pm
I really don't want a wire hookup between the camera and the recorder. Ideally I want a cordless wifi camera which I can view on my computer or a seperate recorder
My recorder is maybe 10 years old, but they seemed to have planned for the future, (some features are not supported (wifi)) but who knows, 10 years is a very long time in the tech world. They have a shop on 3rd floor of LandMark and a web site. Think this is it
https://www.cctvbrands.com/dahua-security.html

Now their tech guy (talking maybe 8 yrs ago) will not come to my house anymore, so they said, dosen't like his past experience. Have someone else for support, but wife has his #
:lol:

A quick glance at web site turns up this
https://www.cctvbrands.com/dahua-securi ... 20s-w.html

If you wanted to talk with him can get his #

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » April 17, 2020, 2:22 pm

glalt wrote:
May 16, 2019, 3:19 pm

I have two Yi outdoor cameras. They are WiFi and once you have them paired with your phone and computer, you can move them to any 220 volt outlet within WiFi range. You don't need anyone to install anything. One weakness is if the power goes off, the cameras go off too. I bought both from AliExpress. Since my grid power is so bad, I have built a small solar system so they are on the battery and are on 24/7.
Can you explain how you set up your solar system? I have ordered 2 of the Yi cameras. I want to have one solar power source to power both cameras. I have a spare 18,500-watt power bank I want to use, if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 17, 2020, 9:20 pm

I have three of these cameras on my garage. I didn't want to run wire from the house so I have a separate solar system just for the three cameras. I am using a 165 watt solar panel, a 100 AH deep cycle gel battery and an mppt 10 amp charge controller. A 300 watt inverter is big enough. I bought the gel battery so I could just forget the system and not have to worry about battery water level. Everything works perfectly.

Before I went solar, I used a UPS but it only has a 9 AH battery, It was dead by morning. I already had the UPS and much bigger ones are pretty expensive. A UPS would be neat and simple but you would need one with about a 20 AH battery.

Does your power bank put out 220 volt AC? I think it is big enough if the voltage is correct. The cameras run off 5 volt so if the power bank has USB outlets and 5 - 5.2 volts that will work. The cameras have small transformers just like regular phone chargers.

Sam1925
udonmap.com

Post by Sam1925 » April 18, 2020, 3:38 pm

Get a Pit Bull and then you have no worries

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 18, 2020, 4:38 pm

Sam1925 wrote:
April 18, 2020, 3:38 pm
Get a Pit Bull and then you have no worries
My small solar system doesn't eat anything, doesn't chew shoes and doesn't kill chickens.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”