Dave Peter

Knee Pain

Post by Dave Peter » July 21, 2019, 8:15 pm

Knee pain cost of injections I not keen on replacement op Any advise

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: Knee Pain

Post by Stantheman » July 21, 2019, 9:23 pm

Don't know cost in Thailand but if 1st time injection reccomend you get the cortisone first vs Synvisc which is much more expensive. Also try not to get the Synvisc one as can cause swelling, go with the 3 week Synvisc treatment, less going into knee at one time.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 21, 2019, 9:30 pm

Had both options steroid injection with fluid removed before hand was 400 baht, Then tried 3 week course of injections total cost 12000 again no better. Went for knee wash out operation but half way through was woken up and shown the damage in my knee - had basically no cartilage left and what was left was in pieces. Cartilage was replaced by metal and plastic and left hospital next day total cost was 60000 was back at work a week later but still recovering now 5 weeks later. Dr cannot fault at all, Dr Warin went to see him at his clinic on Nong Khai highway then into Army Hospital for the operation.

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » July 22, 2019, 10:44 am

I had a lot of knee pain at times, a pharmacist here sold me a tube of piroxicam which is the ingredient sold under different names. It solved the pain problem allowing me to walk and ride my bike again without pain and discomfort.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 22, 2019, 11:10 am

Apparently there are many different treatments available. My Dad, RIP, loved playing golf. He could no longer stand the pain of walking. His regular doctor told him that he needed a knee replacement. He was spending winters in Florida and a friend of his told him about a doctor who specialized in elderly people's joint problems. He had a small incision and something similar to Teflon was implanted. Two days later he was back on the golf course pain free. He never had any problems for the rest of his life.

Don't settle for the first doctor's opinion.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”