ANYONE USED SUPERRICH TO EXCHANGE £ NOTES TO BAHT

General Udon Thani topics only!
vidmaster
udonmap.com

ANYONE USED SUPERRICH TO EXCHANGE £ NOTES TO BAHT

Post by vidmaster » September 23, 2019, 1:17 am

I am considering bringing reasonable sum of £’s in £50 notes to exchange in Udon
Can anyone who has used their service confirm if exchange rates shown on their website are net or are there any fees or costs to be paid
Also any other feedback would be appreciated
e.g is there a maximum or minimum exchange amount, do they need anything other than the cash and a passport to complete the transaction, are there any other legal exchange outlets with better rates
Thanks

kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: ANYONE USED SUPERRICH TO EXCHANGE £ NOTES TO BAHT

Post by kopkei » September 23, 2019, 6:30 am

last comparison i have made is that the gold shop at the 5 arm gives better rates as superrich in central , now the superrich in central is this one i think https://www.superrich1965.com/home.php
(also in khon kaen http://www.superrichkhonkaen.com/en/home/)
best superrich however is this one https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en
but udon no have ...no problem exchanging big amounts at the gold shop ,you can even try to bargain better rate ...
as info ;)

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » September 23, 2019, 10:09 am

I have used them many times mostly in Bangkok Airport, I noticed they now have a kiosk at UTH Airport, my only real comments I’m not too sure about bringing the £50 notes, they may be treated with more suspicion than the normal, I changed baht to GBP at Superrich and got mostly £50 notes, and I even had problems in the UK with them, Weatherspoons now have a policy not to accept them!.
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » September 23, 2019, 11:20 am

UdonThaniPete wrote:
September 23, 2019, 10:09 am
I have used them many times mostly in Bangkok Airport, I noticed they now have a kiosk at UTH Airport, my only real comments I’m not too sure about bringing the £50 notes, they may be treated with more suspicion than the normal, I changed baht to GBP at Superrich and got mostly £50 notes, and I even had problems in the UK with them, Weatherspoons now have a policy not to accept them!.
whenever I came back from the u.k I only ever brought 50 pound notes and when people come here to visit from home I always arrange for them to bring me 50 pound notes you always get a better exchange rate at banks or gold shops .
but I agree with Pete about using them in the u.k most places in M/chester or B/pool wont touch them even smaller bars and shops unless they know the person changing them .

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 23, 2019, 1:20 pm

what happened to the 100£ notes ? 50 doesnt seem like it can buy much anymore. i want 100s \:D/ probably like u.s. 100 , too many counterfeits

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » September 23, 2019, 8:09 pm

PPP exchange gold shop at fountain roundabout special rate for 50s but make sure unblemished never had a problem there

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » September 23, 2019, 9:35 pm

Thanks for replies
When you say a “gold shop” do you mean any of the Chinese gold shops will always change £’s to baht?
I only want to change £ to baht
So do they show their rates in the window or do you have to go in and ask the current exchange rates for the £?

johanthomsen
udonmap.com

Post by johanthomsen » September 23, 2019, 10:52 pm

Is there much difference between exchanging at superrich fx. or just withdrawing Baht from an atm when one arrives in Thailand

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » September 24, 2019, 12:44 am

Using a UK card at a THAI atm would be a very expensive way to convert 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

johanthomsen
udonmap.com

Post by johanthomsen » September 24, 2019, 6:59 am

I am just asking, because I read some post about the rates many banks take to exchange the local currency to Baht before heading over to Thailand, and on there it was suggested that it was just as good to just use an atm instead, and I just found that strange... I dont know if Danish cards have some other charges then UK ones though, but I guess not.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 24, 2019, 8:54 am

i have never used atm /visa from abroad in los , but from what i have read on other fora is simply refuse the by the atm proposed exchange rate ,as this rate is low ,and than your home bank will use their exchange rates what will be better ..
you still have to pay the 300 baht fee (?) with every withdraw..., maybe some one else can elaborate on this ?... ;)

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 24, 2019, 11:11 am

mech_401 wrote:
September 23, 2019, 1:20 pm
what happened to the 100£ notes ? 50 doesnt seem like it can buy much anymore. i want 100s \:D/ probably like u.s. 100 , too many counterfeits
The Bank of England have NEVER Had 100 Pound Notes, Only Scotland & Northern Ireland have,But IF You bring either of them You'll have problems exchanging them & Even IF You can You'll get a LOWER Rate than the 2 x 50 English Notes !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » September 24, 2019, 1:36 pm

Some cards, including Santander CC, give fee free cash from ATMs - although you need to put money in your account beforehand. The exchange rate is usually similar to Transferwise which is amongst the best available

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » September 24, 2019, 2:04 pm

Hi Samster
Can you confirm that you use your UK Santander card to withdraw baht and you get a good rate?

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » September 24, 2019, 4:13 pm

Yes. It's a Santander Zero Card and, my experience has been that the rate has always been better than local exchange.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 24, 2019, 5:09 pm

vidmaster wrote:
September 23, 2019, 1:17 am
I am considering bringing reasonable sum of £’s in £50 notes to exchange in Udon
Can anyone who has used their service confirm if exchange rates shown on their website are net or are there any fees or costs to be paid
e.g is there a maximum or minimum exchange amount, do they need anything other than the cash and a passport to complete the transaction, are there any other legal exchange outlets with better rates
Thanks
I've always used the green SuperRich at the head office in Pratunam, I've always brought in clean or new £50 notes as the rate is 10 stang better, you will need your passport. No minimum, the maximum I've changed was around £15,000 there were no questions.

If it were a small amount I wouldn't go to the HQ but the rate there is 20 stang better than at the airport.

So on an amount of £10,000 in £50s at HQ compared to the same in £20s at the airport (ignoring the fact that you need 500 notes instead of 20 to bring with you) you are 3,000 Baht worse off exchanging at the airport. You will probably get an even lower rate if you exchange your money at one of the kiosks at the railway stations, shopping centres or outside Bangkok

FWIF if you went to SCB (it's the lowest today) you loose 11,450 Baht

A rate check is at https://daytodaydata.net
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 24, 2019, 5:21 pm

samster wrote:
September 24, 2019, 1:36 pm
Some cards, including Santander CC, give fee free cash from ATMs - although you need to put money in your account beforehand. The exchange rate is usually similar to Transferwise which is amongst the best available
FWIW TransferWise gets you ฿378,003 compared to ฿381,000 cash at SuperRich HQ for £10,000

Easily worth while using TW if you don't have a reason to go to the UK and Visit Pratunam, but hardly the best.
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 24, 2019, 5:42 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 24, 2019, 5:09 pm
vidmaster wrote:
September 23, 2019, 1:17 am
Thanks
I've always used the green SuperRich at the head office in Pratunam, I've always brought in clean or new £50 notes as the rate is 10 stang better, you will need your passport. No minimum, the maximum I've changed was around £15,000 there were no questions.

If it were a small amount I wouldn't go to the HQ but the rate there is 20 stang better than at the airport.

So on an amount of £10,000 in £50s at HQ compared to the same in £20s at the airport (ignoring the fact that you need 500 notes instead of 200 to bring with you) you are 3,000 Baht worse off exchanging at the airport. You will probably get an even lower rate if you exchange your money at one of the kiosks at the railway stations, shopping centres or outside Bangkok

FWIF if you went to SCB (it's the lowest today) you loose 11,450 Baht

A rate check is at https://daytodaydata.net

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » September 24, 2019, 6:00 pm

"Best" - superlative. "Amongst the best" - comparative.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”