Another Nail Driving In.

General Udon Thani topics only!
vlad
udonmap.com

Another Nail Driving In.

Post by vlad » November 20, 2019, 5:57 pm

Seams the rip offs are as strong as ever with a claim that Chinese Tourist's were ripped off by a Thai company ripping them off at a Loy Krathong festival in Chiang Mai. Instead of a lavish meal for VIP Chinese tourists, ther'e were not even enough seats for ther'e tour buses the decorations were useless and the pond was a little pond with no flowing water, and the lanterns caught fire before they were airborne lol. Disgruntled tour bosses stormed the stage demanding there 6,000 VIP tickets paid back and some vented there frustration on social media saying this is another nail in the coffin for Chiang Mai and a disgrace to Thailand, A spokesman from Chinese Tourism states that he has seen visitor numbers from China down to 3 million from 5 million. So even the Chinese who the TAT promised would help the ailing tourism is being ripped off.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Another Nail Driving In.

Post by tamada » November 20, 2019, 7:27 pm

Just back from a week of business meetings in Ho Chi Minh City. Tourist wise, the place is very busy and my mate suggested it was like a regular Darby and Joan's holiday special with couples of all ages, notably Caucasian, making up the bulk of visitors we encountered on free evenings. Chatted variously with Aussies, Russians and Swedes in our mutual exploration of Saigon's brew pubs! I didn't have time to pop up to Nah Trang and see if they still had their Chinese invasion going on but it was a refreshing change not to see them traipsing around Saigon.

Meanwhile, in Bangkok...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 20, 2019, 7:38 pm

On the bright side ..... No Chinese means there will still be items left on the breakfast buffet 5 mins after it opens \:D/

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » November 20, 2019, 8:07 pm

And less phlegm on the pavements. :mrgreen:

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » November 20, 2019, 10:37 pm

Sateeb wrote:
November 20, 2019, 8:07 pm
Haha must agree with that, a habit I really don't miss

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2019, 11:00 am

dunroaming wrote:
November 20, 2019, 10:37 pm
Sateeb wrote:
November 20, 2019, 8:07 pm
Haha must agree with that, a habit I really don't miss
A flock of seagulls comes to mind... and not the 1980's synth-pop band either!

My first ever train trip in China sees us pulling out of Beijing after lunch for the 2-3 day ride to Liuyuan, Gansu. The first stop the following morning in Zhengzhou where, disappointed in not finding any beer for sale onboard last night, we thought we'd hit a platform kiosk. Train stops, doors slam open... and the "Great Expectoration" begins. Maybe around 500 cattle-car passengers yawning, stretching, scratching, tai-chi'ing whilst hawking and gobbing relentlessly on the already glistening and sticky granite platform. The thought of trailing that black, sooty mucous back into our carpeted 4-man soft sleeper completely dispelled the urge to acquire some warm, flat and overwhelmingly ---- local beer.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”