Post by tamada » March 28, 2021, 5:17 pm

Global hole update...
the hole.jpg
Local authorities are looking into it.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Khun Paul » March 29, 2021, 7:14 am

I have found over the years here, that Road works are carried out normally as a Knee jerk reaction putting right often previous roadworks carried oput and poorly done.
Again over the years, I have NEVER seen an accredited official looking at the job as it progresses, to ensure compliance etc.
This came to light a few years ago when a local contractor with lazy, useless workers were installing a road drain in the verge to ease the movement of water , from A to B.
They failed to connect the drain to existing drainage pipes and refilled the road NOT using quality fill and pouit a thin layer of tarmac over the road channel and buggered off.
Following complaint to the Tessaban, ( proved a useless waste of my time ) and the Amphur ( which proved positive ) I found out thet in so many jobs the Local Authorities took the word of the contractor and paid out, having NEVER EVER checked the site , hoping that it is ok. A couple of weeks, Tessaban were summoned by the Amphur had their Road maintenance guy with them, to the site, shown the problem and the contractor had to put right ( what was initially a simple job which he cocked up ) connecting pipes and refilling the trench correctly and sealing it with at lest 4 inches of concrete. Cost so I was told was another 100,000 baht , money deducted from his original payment . That money was also deducted by the Amphur from the Tessaban budget. The only comeback I had was from the headman who stated I should have told him,. but as I pointed out, as he rode past the site each and everyday his lack of concern spoke volumes and the Amphur chap agreed, leaving the headman wondering why he did not get re-elected.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 29, 2021, 8:00 pm

Looooong queue on Nittayo Road northbound going into the contra flow just after 3pm.
Straight down the clear left lane, up round De Princess hotel, a quick left on the red traffic lights back onto Nittayo Road & I was the only car up to the red light to turn right on Thongyai Road

Just a matter of clarity, a previous poster complained he didn’t have enough time to learn Thai to read the street names. All these, as are others mentioned, are in fact in English so problem solved 👍
Whether the said poster is able to read English is another matter
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » March 29, 2021, 10:37 pm

tamada wrote:
March 28, 2021, 5:17 pm
Global hole update...
the hole.jpg
And yet another ..... repair to the water main has failed again so back to pumping out the hole!

Hopefully will be fixed by the morning or yet another long queue for the school run.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 30, 2021, 6:45 am

Niggly wrote:
March 29, 2021, 8:00 pm
Looooong queue on Nittayo Road northbound going into the contra flow just after 3pm.
Straight down the clear left lane, up round De Princess hotel, a quick left on the red traffic lights back onto Nittayo Road & I was the only car up to the red light to turn right on Thongyai Road

Just a matter of clarity, a previous poster complained he didn’t have enough time to learn Thai to read the street names. All these, as are others mentioned, are in fact in English so problem solved 👍
Whether the said poster is able to read English is another matter
Not all dear boy, not all !

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 30, 2021, 7:25 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 30, 2021, 6:45 am

Not all dear boy, not all !
You knew who I was referring to then. That’s sweet to think you pay that much attention to my posts.

Just to repeat my statement for those who struggle with English, “ All these, as are others mentioned, are in fact in English so problem solved”.
You’re welcome

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 30, 2021, 7:52 am

The traffic is soooo bad in Udon that one has time to learn the Thai language and translate the bloody street signs yourself!

Sheesh....

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 30, 2021, 9:43 am

Is it busy in town today?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 30, 2021, 11:34 am

I take the point many are in English as well, HOWEVER while driving FINDING said Road Name Sign can be ni on impossible and of driving you become a danger to other road users who wonder what the hell you are doing .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 30, 2021, 11:51 am

^ in your case maybe.
For every other capable driver reading road signs is part of the task in hand when operating a motor vehicle.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 30, 2021, 3:09 pm

Niggly wrote:
March 30, 2021, 11:51 am
^ in your case maybe.
For every other capable driver reading road signs is part of the task in hand when operating a motor vehicle.
Again seeking a confrontation, today I tried top read the signs on the Roads I was on while driving NOT having a memsahib beside me, almost impossible, some not clear, not there or in positions too difficult to read WHILE DRIVING SAFELY .
Conversation regarding signs has now ended.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 30, 2021, 3:12 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 30, 2021, 3:09 pm

Again seeking a confrontation, today I tried top read the signs on the Roads I was on while driving NOT having a memsahib beside me, almost impossible, some not clear, not there or in positions too difficult to read WHILE DRIVING SAFELY .
No confrontation from here, I’m concerned about your well being.
You really should not be driving if you cannot read road signs

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » March 30, 2021, 3:20 pm

Next round. Ding ding !

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » March 30, 2021, 3:26 pm

quite disappointing - this topic is also littered with nonsense.
How about publishing valuable information about traffic, traffic jams, obstructions, construction sites, etc.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 30, 2021, 4:16 pm

The schools that remain open are having exams this week and earlier afternoon pickups. Don Bosco has f*cked up the usual roads making eastern ring road bypasses and shortcuts a real adventure these past two days.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 30, 2021, 4:21 pm

samuel wrote:
March 30, 2021, 3:26 pm
How about publishing valuable information about traffic, traffic jams, obstructions, construction sites, etc.
Yes, I feel for you. Imagine my similar disappointment when I searched for your valuable informative contributions to this thread & found you’ve only ever made one post (this one) which was neither valuable or informative.

Feel free to post about “traffic, traffic jams, obstructions, construction sites, etc” to keep the thread on a roll with your desired content. I’m sure it would be appreciated 👍

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 30, 2021, 4:39 pm

Niggly wrote:
March 30, 2021, 3:12 pm
Khun Paul wrote:

I assure you my driving is way better than yours............!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 30, 2021, 4:40 pm

Niggly wrote:
March 30, 2021, 4:21 pm
samuel wrote:
March 30, 2021, 3:26 pm
Yes, I feel for you. Imagine my similar disappointment when I searched for your valuable informative contributions to this thread & found you’ve only ever made one post (this one) which was neither valuable or informative.

Feel free to post about “traffic, traffic jams, obstructions, construction sites, etc” to keep the thread on a roll with your desired content. I’m sure it would be appreciated 👍
Note we have to pass the number of useful posts according to Niggly to be a useful contributor , interesting ....

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 30, 2021, 4:42 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 30, 2021, 4:39 pm
Niggly wrote:
March 30, 2021, 3:12 pm
Khun Paul wrote:

I assure you my driving is way better than yours............!!
Not ended then?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 30, 2021, 4:46 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 30, 2021, 4:40 pm

Note we have to pass the number of useful posts according to Niggly to be a useful contributor , interesting ....
Showing your lack of ability to comprehend a sentence again? Read it again, you might understand what I actually posted.

You’re deflecting again about not being able read road signs.
I think this is a danger to not only you but other road users too

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”