Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

General Udon Thani topics only!
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

Post by newtovillagelife » February 8, 2020, 12:31 pm

mak wrote:
February 8, 2020, 12:16 pm
"He stated that the only real protection they gave was to stop you touching your face with your hands and getting the virus that way."
That's exactly what a surgical mask does. Stops you from touching your mouth and nose.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.mackay.5 ... 607616655/
but not your eyes.

joudon
udonmap.com

Re: Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

Post by joudon » February 8, 2020, 12:32 pm

World wide, one iten most of us use is the touch screen ofan atm. Never cleaned. Whilst on the subject consider the fingerprint recognition now requredin andout of Suvarnabhumi airport. Talk about anown goal.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 8, 2020, 12:57 pm

When did you clean your Mobile screen and keyboard last time..??

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 8, 2020, 12:59 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
February 8, 2020, 12:57 pm
When did you clean your Mobile screen and keyboard last time..??
But the motto is:

Do everything in moderation,even moderation.

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » February 8, 2020, 1:09 pm

I clean the screen on my laptop and mobile phone almost daily despite being their sole user.Improves clarity. Notrocket science iis it?

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » February 8, 2020, 5:42 pm

I wonder what would happen if The Health Minister of Australia made similar remarks about Asians?
Voiceover for hire.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 8, 2020, 6:00 pm

I imagine there would be shedloads of faux outrage - just like there has been here. :-"

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » February 8, 2020, 6:56 pm

[quote=DuiDui49 post_id=564350 time=1581130317 user_id=694]
Well,PF i will go shopping at Macro today whith my wife..and i'm going to wear a tight facemask.If that helps me or not i really don't know,but i'm wearing it..handcleaning..jepp that too.Learning my stepson to ALWAYS wash his hands after coming back from school and more..The mask might protect me if someone else is coffing..so if you see a Farang at Macro today wearing a facemask from 3-M,it's me..give me a honk ;-)I going to look like a painter going to work..hehe.

Papa,ave a great weekend and say hello to Nick from me and Nok...:-)
[/quote]

I feel better now that I have had my little rant. I have days that would not want to live anywhere else. Then I have days that I feel like packing it in and leaving. I am not painting all Thais with the same brush. The people in our village and my wife's family have been good to us. Just like back in the U.S., it is the politicians and some of the government officials that can get you going. Take care my wife and I shop at Makro also and we will be wearing masks and using hand sanitizer also.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » February 8, 2020, 7:45 pm

I was at Makro at about 2 pm this afternoon, i did not see anyone using the sanitizer at the reception desk, before the lady security guard. I used it when entering Makro and when leaving. More education needed, Makro, Central Plaza, etc, should post a big sign or better an agent inviting clients to use the satinizer in and out of the place.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » February 8, 2020, 8:26 pm

maybe educate them how to wash their hands properly and stand a bit closer to the soap, cut their finger nails before they stick hands into the communal sticky rice bucket,but hay ho,blame the farang

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 8, 2020, 8:55 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
February 8, 2020, 8:26 pm
maybe educate them how to wash their hands properly and stand a bit closer to the soap,
Hillarious .......... coming from a Pom. 8)

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » February 8, 2020, 9:00 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 8, 2020, 8:55 pm
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
February 8, 2020, 8:26 pm
maybe educate them how to wash their hands properly and stand a bit closer to the soap,
Hillarious .......... coming from a Pom. 8)
Don,t mention wife-beaters, crusty flipflops or even more funnier your wardrobe :D

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » February 9, 2020, 6:55 am

the-monk wrote:
February 8, 2020, 7:45 pm
I was at Makro at about 2 pm this afternoon, i did not see anyone using the sanitizer at the reception desk, before the lady security guard. I used it when entering Makro and when leaving. More education needed, Makro, Central Plaza, etc, should post a big sign or better an agent inviting clients to use the satinizer in and out of the place.
Theses habits and lack of hygiene start at school.
Yesterday at Makro Nong Bua Lumphu I watched an old ladie bury her hands elbows deep in the chicken pieces.
God help us if it breaks out here.
Voiceover for hire.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 9, 2020, 8:54 am

I follow the advice given out freely and with intelligence from the British health services, plus understand that masks per se , are really rather useless unless you are wearing a full face mask .
Sure it offers you limited protection from the uncouth but does not protect you from the unwashed .
General hygienie and cleanliness plus if you ARE suffering from something that lowers your own in-bullt immune system or have a respiratory illness, take extra precautions.
It is not Rocket science just need to read and learn.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 9, 2020, 8:59 am

These habits (Not only Hygiene) certainly do not start at school
They start at the Home from the family and Parents well be for any school

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 9, 2020, 9:01 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 9, 2020, 8:59 am
These habits (Not only Hygiene) certainly do not start at school
They start at the Home from the family and Parents well be for any school
100% agree..start at home from the family and parent.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 9, 2020, 9:11 am

Over 37,000 corona cases in China
More than 37,000 people in China have been infected by the corona virus, according to the country's authorities.

The Chinese health authorities say that 811 people have died in the suites of the virus. There are more deaths than the SARS virus globally demanded in 2002–2003, when 774 people died worldwide.

The World Health Organization WHO states that the situation has begun to stabilize, but points out that it is too early to be able to determine whether the virus spread has reached its peak.

(TT)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 9, 2020, 9:54 am

After reading THIS:
https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/ea ... bottom_box

..how on earth can we trust the Thai Health Minister..??Or anything regarding the Corona Virus outbreak here in Thailand.

Have a great weekend in the sunny weather...

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 9, 2020, 9:55 am

We all know people die even from FLU, but 811 people died JUST from the VIRUS is in all honesty BS, the are many other factors, damaged immune systems, Respiratory problems , other illnesses these people had that was NOT helped by the VIRUS .
Truth is out there sadly the real reason these people died is being lumped in the Catch ALL contracted the Virus . It has been reported that the DEATH rate from just the Virus is very low, but of course that is NOT being widely reported, but what is being reported is that many many people do recover providing they are reasonably healthy in the first place

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”